A preview of what's to come in 2012?
-
OakRidgeStars
- VGOF Gold Supporter

- Posts: 14108
- Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
A preview of what's to come in 2012?
Anyone see a problem with this one?. Nah, me either.
http://weaselzippers.us/2010/11/02/comi ... s-to-vote/
http://weaselzippers.us/2010/11/02/comi ... s-to-vote/
- VBshooter
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 3851
- Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
- Location: Virginia Beach
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
Nah just as long as they keep it over there,,The last thing we need is for Obama ,CA,NY,IL and other liberal sewers to think its a good idea here,we have enough bad voters not in jail as evidenced by Reid and Boxer being reelected yesterday
"Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John ParkerRe: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
Wow...and you guys wonder why conservatives so often get painted as racists and bigots....OakRidgeStars wrote:Anyone see a problem with this one?. Nah, me either.
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom ain't free, folks. It takes work.
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom ain't free, folks. It takes work.
- WRW
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 2554
- Joined: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:21:31
- Location: 11 miles from Thornburg
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
Wow... until you posted that, all I saw was prison uniforms. Had to go back and look for what was referenced.CowboyT wrote:Wow...and you guys wonder why conservatives so often get painted as racists and bigots....OakRidgeStars wrote:Anyone see a problem with this one?. Nah, me either.
-
OakRidgeStars
- VGOF Gold Supporter

- Posts: 14108
- Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
When all else fails... whip out the race card

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacist!!!

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacist!!!
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
Sorry CowboyT as I agree with you on most things, but I don't care what color they are Prisoners do not, and should not have the right to vote until they have paid thier debt to society. I do feel that once that debt has been paid that they should be allowed to vote.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)
- VBshooter
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 3851
- Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
- Location: Virginia Beach
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
They can call it or me ,,, whatever they want, Screw Em!! ,Prisoners don;tvote and I;'ll add NO ID NO VOTE either!!
"Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John ParkerRe: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
Umm...I never said prisoners should have the right to vote before paying their debt to society. Actually, I agree 100% with what you've said. But this picture is blatantly racist, and some folks around here clearly think it's OK. That's really a shame and a poor reflection on both gun owners and conservatives. Not that I'm a conservative, but we still need to be better than this.Taggure wrote:Sorry CowboyT as I agree with you on most things, but I don't care what color they are Prisoners do not, and should not have the right to vote until they have paid thier debt to society. I do feel that once that debt has been paid that they should be allowed to vote.
"San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom ain't free, folks. It takes work.
http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/
http://www.liberalsguncorner.com/ (podcast)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Freedom ain't free, folks. It takes work.
- Reverenddel
- VGOF Gold Supporter

- Posts: 6422
- Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:43:00
- Location: Central VA
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
OH NO Cowboy T, you're DEFINITELY not a Conservative! 
- WRW
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 2554
- Joined: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:21:31
- Location: 11 miles from Thornburg
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
I am kinda thick in the skull. You want to explain the blatant racism in the photo? Keep it simple, so I can understand.CowboyT wrote:Umm...I never said prisoners should have the right to vote before paying their debt to society. Actually, I agree 100% with what you've said. But this picture is blatantly racist, and some folks around here clearly think it's OK. That's really a shame and a poor reflection on both gun owners and conservatives. Not that I'm a conservative, but we still need to be better than this.Taggure wrote:Sorry CowboyT as I agree with you on most things, but I don't care what color they are Prisoners do not, and should not have the right to vote until they have paid thier debt to society. I do feel that once that debt has been paid that they should be allowed to vote.
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
The photograph was selected to elicit a certain degree of FUD in the reader. Not only in the fact that allof the prisoners shown are of a minority (at least as defined in the US) but are also obviously unhappy and looking a bit thuggish.
The story would not have anywhere NEAR the same impact if you showed some nerdy white collar criminal reading a law book or a couple of gents playing chess in the The Yard.
The selection of thephoto was ment to speak to several levels of bigotry on both a concious & subconcious level.
The story would not have anywhere NEAR the same impact if you showed some nerdy white collar criminal reading a law book or a couple of gents playing chess in the The Yard.
The selection of thephoto was ment to speak to several levels of bigotry on both a concious & subconcious level.
Proud Navy Dad
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
I think and correct me if I am wrong, but the Fact that there are only one group of folks in this picture and not a wide range of individuals portrayed as the potential voting block is what CowboyT is referring to.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)
- WRW
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 2554
- Joined: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:21:31
- Location: 11 miles from Thornburg
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
So, you are saying that the photographer should have found a group congregating together consisting of 6 african americans, 2 hispanics, 1 white guy and 1 other to represent the prison population?Taggure wrote:I think and correct me if I am wrong, but the Fact that there are only one group of folks in this picture and not a wide range of individuals portrayed as the potential voting block is what CowboyT is referring to.
- gunderwood
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 7189
- Joined: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:28:34
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
That seems to be the "blatant racism" complaint as far as I can tell. The problem is that that those sort of statistics are averages and have virtually no meaning in a small enough sample space. Given the reality of prison life, I'd be willing to bet that most authentic prison photos show all Whites or all Hispanics etc too.WRW wrote:So, you are saying that the photographer should have found a group congregating together consisting of 6 african americans, 2 hispanics, 1 white guy and 1 other to represent the prison population?Taggure wrote:I think and correct me if I am wrong, but the Fact that there are only one group of folks in this picture and not a wide range of individuals portrayed as the potential voting block is what CowboyT is referring to.
I.e. there is a non-uniform statistical distribution of all races in prison, but more importantly they tend to self-segregate so that in general any particular (none wide angle) photo will show only one race.
I don't know enough about the author to know why that photo was chosen. Racism may or may not have played a role in the decision to use that photo.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
- TheGodfather
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 937
- Joined: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 10:19:47
- Location: Gainesville, VA
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?

"I don't talk to Obama voters often. But when I do, I order large fries."
- wylde007
- Sharp Shooter

- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:44:35
- Location: Virginia Beach, Occupied VA, CSA
- Contact:
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
People receiving welfare should not be allowed to vote.VBshooter wrote:They can call it or me whatever they want, Screw Em!! Prisoners don'tvote and I'll add NO ID NO VOTE either!!
Non-landowners should not be allowed to vote.
The unemployed should not be allowed to vote.
Each and every one of those particular "classes" of people votes for interests which only serve to further their own at the expense of those who PROVIDE for welfare, those who OWN LAND and those who are EMPLOYED.
Once the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury the majority will vote for whichever politician promises them the most benefits from that treasury.
And in a time when more and more people are "benefiting" from public welfare, suffering from unemployment and being evicted and foreclosed from homes they could NEVER HAVE AFFORDED in the first place, there is nowhere for this trend to go but up.
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
receiving welfare should not be allowed to vote.
Non-landowners should not be allowed to vote.
The unemployed should not be allowed to vote.
Each and every one of those particular "classes" of people votes for interests which only serve to further their own at the expense of those who PROVIDE for welfare, those who OWN LAND and those who are EMPLOYED.
This is the stupidest thing I ever heard and most insulting to me personally! I AM unemployed, not on welfare, no unemployment, making it on MY OWN SIR! No I can't find a job, I have 70% kidney failure being caused by my service in Vietnam. No I'm not on disability. Very active in the tea party. And now YOU tell I should not F&*%ing vote.
WAKE UP
Non-landowners should not be allowed to vote.
The unemployed should not be allowed to vote.
Each and every one of those particular "classes" of people votes for interests which only serve to further their own at the expense of those who PROVIDE for welfare, those who OWN LAND and those who are EMPLOYED.
This is the stupidest thing I ever heard and most insulting to me personally! I AM unemployed, not on welfare, no unemployment, making it on MY OWN SIR! No I can't find a job, I have 70% kidney failure being caused by my service in Vietnam. No I'm not on disability. Very active in the tea party. And now YOU tell I should not F&*%ing vote.
WAKE UP
Squirrel’s Nest
Restorations & Design
SAVING GRANDMA’S SEWING MACHINE
Sutherland, VA
Restorations & Design
SAVING GRANDMA’S SEWING MACHINE
Sutherland, VA
- gunderwood
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 7189
- Joined: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:28:34
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
That may have been a poorly worded line. I think the intent was unemployment benefits?Paliden wrote:receiving welfare should not be allowed to vote.
Non-landowners should not be allowed to vote.
The unemployed should not be allowed to vote.
Each and every one of those particular "classes" of people votes for interests which only serve to further their own at the expense of those who PROVIDE for welfare, those who OWN LAND and those who are EMPLOYED.
This is the stupidest thing I ever heard and most insulting to me personally! I AM unemployed, not on welfare, no unemployment, making it on MY OWN SIR! No I can't find a job, I have 70% kidney failure being caused by my service in Vietnam. No I'm not on disability. Very active in the tea party. And now YOU tell I should not F&*%ing vote.
WAKE UP
The idea is that those who have nothing to lose think nothing of voting away others rights and money.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
That may have been a poorly worded line. I think the intent was unemployment benefits?
The idea is that those who have nothing to lose think nothing of voting away others rights and money.[/quote]
I knew that BUT you can't make blanket statement about EVERYONE who is. In a lot of cases it is true, BUT in a lot IT IS NOT
The idea is that those who have nothing to lose think nothing of voting away others rights and money.[/quote]
I knew that BUT you can't make blanket statement about EVERYONE who is. In a lot of cases it is true, BUT in a lot IT IS NOT
Squirrel’s Nest
Restorations & Design
SAVING GRANDMA’S SEWING MACHINE
Sutherland, VA
Restorations & Design
SAVING GRANDMA’S SEWING MACHINE
Sutherland, VA
- wylde007
- Sharp Shooter

- Posts: 1047
- Joined: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 11:44:35
- Location: Virginia Beach, Occupied VA, CSA
- Contact:
Re: A preview of what's to come in 2012?
If someone does not have a vested interest in where money is coming from (employed, landowner) then they should have no say in where it goes.
I don't know how much clearer I can make that point, and I'm pretty sure the founders would agree with me.
See, many unemployed who are still property owners would be allowed to vote. Unemployed could mean don't have to work, don't want to work or retired.
You're right, the sentence was a little ambiguous. I hope I've cleared it up a little, but probably not much.
I don't know how much clearer I can make that point, and I'm pretty sure the founders would agree with me.
See, many unemployed who are still property owners would be allowed to vote. Unemployed could mean don't have to work, don't want to work or retired.
You're right, the sentence was a little ambiguous. I hope I've cleared it up a little, but probably not much.