Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
Post Reply
User avatar
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 6422
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:43:00
Location: Central VA

Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Reverenddel »

Bass Pro has some stuff, but nothing worth breakin' my neck.

I know Emergency Essentials has some freeze-dried on sale. Which is good for camping, and such.

Anyone find anything worth while?
User avatar
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:26:42

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Kreutz »

Never partook of the black friday insanity personally.
User avatar
ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:46:31
Location: Richmond

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by ShotgunBlast »

Didn't even look at an ad. Spent time with the family yesterday. Got to sleep in this morning and doing a little work this afternoon to make up for yesterday.
User avatar
SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 5741
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:15:31
Location: Where ever I go, there I am.

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by SHMIV »

The best deal I found is simply to avoid anything that even remotely resembles a retail establishment, or a main highway.

I can't think of anything that I want badly enough to fight the frenzied masses. Hell, I hate normal crowds; black Friday shopping crowds would be simply unbearable.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon
User avatar
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 6422
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:43:00
Location: Central VA

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Reverenddel »

A'ight, then we're all kinda in the same mindset.

Drove the kids to Ci-Ci's for lunch, no one going in that direction, and it was empty for the most part.

Emergency Essentials sent an e-mail asking nicely for people to "give them a minute" because they were inundated with sales. Kinda nice to know the LDS Business in Utah rackin' up sales.

I can confess, I got a HUGE deal on a new camping water filter, and naglene bottle. About 50% off normal prices.
User avatar
Gotlabs
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 181
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:46:49
Location: LGVA

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Gotlabs »

Cabelas free shipping and $99 nikon P223 3x32. Free shipping on blammo also.
Xtreme bullets, 17% off projectiles
Freedom munitions 5% off blammo.
User avatar
smltooner
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 1245
Joined: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 00:53:38
Location: Smith Mtn Lake, VA

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by smltooner »

Kreutz wrote:Never partook of the black friday insanity personally.
+1
THE HIGH PRICE OF FREEDOM IS A COST PAID BY A BRAVE FEW. In memory of our fallen heroes.

THOSE WHO SERVE DESERVE HONOR, RESPECT, THANKS.
User avatar
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 21:09:50
Location: Dinwiddie County

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Snakester »

Dick's @ Colonial Hghts. picked up 100 rds. .22LR CCI....Picked up my Mom in Law for our annual Black Friday trip to the Package Store on FT. Lee ....Best deal I've seen ...1/2 gal. Early Times $23 ...picked up 12. Back to Dick's with Mom in
Law in tow....200 rds. .22LR Remington Yellow Jackets. Breakfast at Cracker Barrel...Went Home ! All the deals I could take in one day !
User avatar
GeneFrenkle
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 1738
Joined: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:19:07

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by GeneFrenkle »

Walmart has 20% off long guns and shotties at stores that sell them.

http://www.blackfriday.fm/adscan/walmart?page=21

Look at the bottom of the ad and read the fine print.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
And if Bruce Dickinson wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 14108
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by OakRidgeStars »

Stayed home and starting the Christmas decorating frenzy. But I'll be all over Cyber Monday for sure.
User avatar
SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 5741
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:15:31
Location: Where ever I go, there I am.

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by SHMIV »

Holy insanity! I just sat through a 20 mile backup on SB I-5 in Oregon. Why the backup? Apparently, the whole state requires merchandise from the same damn outlet mall. And, of course, the state saw fit to do some work on that exit ramp, and leave it undone for the Thanksgiving
break. Got past that exit, traffic vanished.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon
User avatar
mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:08:25

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by mamabearCali »

Nah I either shop online or at a local kids store.....great toys, local people.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
User avatar
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 3011
Joined: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:28:22
Location: Warren County

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Swampman »

My arse found the recliner and hand found a coffee cup. Inside of eye-lids checked out just fine!
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.
User avatar
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 6422
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:43:00
Location: Central VA

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Reverenddel »

Yes GeneFrenkle! Unfortunately, I missed the Ruger 10/22's for FREAKIN' $190!!!!

DAAANNNGGG! I would've bought TWO of them!
User avatar
ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 2176
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:46:51
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by ProShooter »

I went to Bass Pro on Black Friday, and put down an order for a Ruger 10/22 Takedown. It was $349, but they matched Green Top's sale price of $329. Went up there today, and paid for it and turned in a coupon from this weekend's paper and got a $50 gift card for free, just for buying the rifle.
Image

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO


"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"
User avatar
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:26:42

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Kreutz »

Reverenddel wrote:Yes GeneFrenkle! Unfortunately, I missed the Ruger 10/22's for FREAKIN' $190!!!!

DAAANNNGGG! I would've bought TWO of them!
Crap...I was interested in that last year...if its an annual thing I really need to put it on the calender for 2014.
User avatar
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 21:09:50
Location: Dinwiddie County

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Snakester »

Dick's in Colonial Hghts. had 10/22 Take Down for $299.00 (Saturday).
User avatar
Snakester
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 2649
Joined: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 21:09:50
Location: Dinwiddie County

Re: Anyone find any good deals on "Black Friday"?

Post by Snakester »

The Take Down is back to $349.00 this morning ! The Camo Take Down is $399.00 .
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”