Get excited, Virginia

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
User avatar
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:22:29
Location: Fredericksburg

Get excited, Virginia

Post by ratherfish »

You’ve got the full Bloomberg treatment coming your way

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/10/22/b ... inia-race/
There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis
User avatar
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:59:57
Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Remek »

All I can say is F&^!n D*$#&sh B$#(*gs!!!!!

I don't want to go the way of CO!
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
zykur
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 251
Joined: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 16:24:05

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by zykur »

Remek wrote:All I can say is F&^!n D*$#&sh B$#(*gs!!!!!

I don't want to go the way of CO!
What we can hope for is low turnout in general and more pro second amendment people don't sit this out. Every vote can be critical.
User avatar
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:59:57
Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Remek »

I know, but the problem lies therein. the Ds drive their vote (literally as well as figuratively), and the Rs don't.

I wish there was something I could do. I've donated to VCDL PAC, and Cucc, but I am not made of money. Also, I am busy with kids and work 24/7. Maybe I just have to get a day off from the family on the weekend and donate time.

Lets hope Cucc runs as many ads as possible about McAuliffe being a representative for Bloomberg, bought and paid for. That'd stir up the base in the southern 70% of the state.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:26:42

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Kreutz »

Remek wrote:That'd stir up the base in the southern 70% of the state.
Alas votes are by population density, not geography.

The highest population centers are fairly blue...a pattern seen in many states.

This is how Obama won VA. You just need the major population centers to win.
User avatar
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:59:57
Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Remek »

So we need the northern districts, i assume? ugh.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
Palladin
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 4154
Joined: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 22:06:43
Location: Louisa

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Palladin »

This is the only ad Governor -elect Cuccinelli needs between now and election day...


Now is the time for all good men to get off their rusty dustys...
User avatar
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:22:29
Location: Fredericksburg

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by ratherfish »

Obama did not win by a wide margin. He would have been easily defeated if good gun folk had showed up at the polls and many conservatives hadn't thrown away their vote to the unelectable.

Right now Sarvis is the spoiler with 9%. Add that to KC and he'd win. A a few more votes for folks like us that are angry that Bloomturd wants to buy our guns and you have it.

Gunfolk are historic non voters. I hope they wake up in time.
There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis
User avatar
widefat
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:11:49

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by widefat »

The ray of hope is the Va Assembly. I doubt you will find anti-gun legislature successfully exiting for a Governor signature.
I am not sure what Mcownedbybloomberg could do as an executive.
The United States of America:
Born: 4 July, 1776
Died: 6 November, 2012

I am a Native American. I was Born here.
User avatar
ratherfish
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 1440
Joined: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 14:22:29
Location: Fredericksburg

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by ratherfish »

Yep a good back stop for the moment.

How much Soros and Bloomturd money you figure to take that over?

The real ray of hope is mobilizing folks to vote for the candidate that has been opposing the progressive agenda in Virginia as AG. We don't need no stinking carpetbagger politicians.
There are only two kinds of people in the end: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, in the end, 'Thy will be done.'
-C. S. Lewis
User avatar
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 4318
Joined: Sat, 06 Nov 2010 10:26:42

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Kreutz »

widefat wrote:The ray of hope is the Va Assembly. I doubt you will find anti-gun legislature successfully exiting for a Governor signature.
I am not sure what Mcownedbybloomberg could do as an executive.
Call me crazy but I'd rather see pro-gun bills getting passed and signed, not a four year (three if McAuliffe really is gonna be Hillarys VP) stalemate.
User avatar
steelheart
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 137
Joined: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 04:02:17

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by steelheart »

My hairy white a$$!! Im voting this year! They win and im moving!!! I love va and if these azzhats win im not stickin around to watch her go down the toilet!!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
User avatar
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:59:57
Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Remek »

Lets hope this last years experience stired up the gun owners!

@Kreutz, you've got that 100% right. We need to force progress at this point, not stalemate.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
OldEagle
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 22:30:43

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by OldEagle »

The ray of hope is the Va Assembly. I doubt you will find anti-gun legislature successfully exiting for a Governor signature.
I am not sure what Mcownedbybloomberg could do as an executive
Do not underestimate what the governor can do, especially in cahoots with the Obama Dept of Justice. Much can, and will, happen without laws being passed, and the legislature will be unable to stop it. Have you not noticed the example that Obama has set at the federal level for the past 5 years? Why do you think Bloomberg and Clinton are now so involved? Because they think McAuliffe will be powerless? And if McAuliffe wins in VA, after openly running on a gun control agenda that matches what Obama tried to do nationally--what do you think is going to happen at the federal level? And do you seriously think that a vote for Sarvis can stop this?

You & everyone you know needs to be out voting for Cuccinelli if you care about your gun rights.

As for me, I just dug down and sent the Cuccinelli campaign $500 tonight. It may not match Bloomberg, but I just want to know that if Cuccinelli goes down, and VA gets what Obama & McAuliffe are bringing, that I did all I could to stop it.
User avatar
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 6422
Joined: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 13:43:00
Location: Central VA

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Reverenddel »

(shrugs) At this point?

People either care, or they don't. We here on the forum, obviously care. However there are tons of lazy people who will not do the right thing. Who'd rather be "right", and squashed, than work for a just cause.

I ain't Batman. I can't save you... Get off your azzes, and save your self.
User avatar
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:59:57
Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Remek »

Ahh, the sleeping masses. I hope they awake before we lose our ability to protect ourselves.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 7163
Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:41
Location: extreme SW VA

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by dorminWS »

You staunch libertarians that insist on voting for Sarvis can send him a message from me: If McAuliffe wins by a margin equal to or less than the percentage Sarvis gets, I will have become a lifelong enemy of the libertarian cause and I will expend no small effort in encouraging others to do so. In fact, I urge others who agree that we need to beat McAuliffe at all costs to communicate that sentiment to the Sarvis camp immediately. It would help if someone could post an e-mail address for the Sarvis campaign. What Sarvis the candidacy will have done to our state should, if there is any justice in this world, engender a thousand times the disapproval and dislike that the republicans and so-called "tea party radicals" received for the government shutdown. Who would sacrifice the future of this Commonwealth and all who live there to serve the ends of what amounts to a personal ego trip and symbolic political statement deserves all the opprobrium responsible adults can heap upon them for the rest of their lives.

That excited enough for ya?
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
User avatar
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 1065
Joined: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 13:59:57
Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by Remek »

^^^ I can see your point, but really, its also taboo to me. This is supposed to be a free country. We also do need more choice. Practicality aside, Sarvis is the man who should be going into that office. How do I get mad at anyone who is voting for him when he is in reality the best candidate?

That said, I urge my fellow Sarvis lovers to eschew him this time. We really need your help keeping McShit out of office. Meantime, we can encourage him to run again as a republican next time.

I'd also tell my fellow gun lovers here: run if you can. I think I'd rather see any of you in office than any antigunner.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 12:34:51

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by kelu »

Prepare...
Image
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung
User avatar
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 7163
Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:41
Location: extreme SW VA

Re: Get excited, Virginia

Post by dorminWS »

Maybe all you guys up there in NoVa ought to start posting signs that just say
"Terry McAuliffe is buying Virginia with George Soros' money"
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”