Rob Wittman wrote: Dear Mr. Sandlin:
Thank you for contacting me in regards to your support for the Second Amendment and gun rights. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I value your views on the important issues facing our Commonwealth and the Nation.
As a gun owner and strong supporter of Second Amendment rights, I believe that the constitutional right to keep and bear arms must be diligently protected. Additionally, I do not support a national gun registry. Such a registry would only put an unnecessary mandate on law-abiding citizens. Gun registration and owner licensing do not help police solve crime as criminals do not register their guns or get licenses.
Moreover, I believe the right to keep and bear arms is an individually possessed right, as are all rights protected in our Constitution. The Founding Fathers, the Framers of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights could not have been clearer about the nature of the right and the purpose of the Second Amendment. The U.S. Supreme Court has recognized it as an individual right in several landmark cases.
Rest assured that I am committed to preserving the right of all law-abiding individuals to purchase, possess and use firearms for legitimate purposes. I will continue to defend this sacred right guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Thank you again for sharing your views and opinions with me. I am committed to serving you to the best of my abilities. If I can ever be of assistance to you or your family, please do not hesitate to call me at (202) 225-4261 or contact me online at: www.wittman.house.gov.
Robb Wittman Congress 1st District Supports 2nd Amendment
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.
- allingeneral
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9678
- Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
- Location: King George, Virginia
- Contact:
Robb Wittman Congress 1st District Supports 2nd Amendment
Here is an email I received from Congressman Wittman (R) outlining his stance on 2nd Amendment rights.
-
OakRidgeStars
- VGOF Gold Supporter

- Posts: 14108
- Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
Re: Robb Wittman Congress 1st District Supports 2nd Amendment
It's always good to see a public servant that still has a backbone. Maybe as the political winds begin to shift over the next few years, more of our elected officials will have the courage to take a stand.
