candidates for Attorney General, expressing surprise that he was listed as one of
the candidates who had not responded to the VCDL Statewide Candidate Survey.
Technically, Dave Foster did respond. But his response wasn't a
completed survey, instead he said that he was not going to answer the
VCDL Survey. Here's the email he sent to me in December declining to
answer the Survey:
"Certainly I am a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights. I
was pleased to see the Supreme Court recognize this past term that
such rights belong to the individual (even though the Court
majority for that holding was disturbingly narrow). In many areas
addressed by the survey, however, I cannot give answers on a yes/no
basis. Accordingly, I must respectfully decline to respond to the
survey at this time.
I will continue to study and discuss these matters as the campaign
unfolds. I look forward to seeing and talking with you and your
colleagues as I travel throughout the Commonwealth.
While more lengthy and eloquent than the responses many of you have
received from Jody Wagner and Terry McAuliffe, the meaning is the same
-- he's not going to tell you what he really means when he says he's a
"strong supporter of the Second Amendment".
I was hoping that his statement, "I will continue to study and discuss
these matters as the campaign unfolds" would convince him that it was
time to answer the VCDL Statewide Candidate Survey. Apparently he still
doesn't want to make his position known to you, the voter.
Dave Foster attended the VCDL meeting back on December 18 with the other
two Republican candidates for Attorney General. Unfortunately, Dave was
the only candidate who repeatedly dodged taking a position on many
issues brought up at the meeting. Apparently, he still doesn't want to
take a position on any of the questions in the VCDL Statewide Candidate
Survey.
If you have the opportunity to see and talk with Dave Foster as he
travels throughout the Commonwealth, ask him why he refuses to answer
the VCDL Survey. The two others competing for the Republican nomination
for Attorney General had no problem answering it. Dave should answer it
too.
---
What follows is a video on YouTube of a portion of the debate between
the Democratic candidates for Governor a couple weeks ago:
It's interesting that they seem to be falling over each other to
proclaim themselves anti-gun. Why don't they just answer the VCDL
Statewide Candidate Survey and make all their gun related positions
known? What other anti-gun positions are they hiding?
-------------------------------------------
***************************************************************************
VA-ALERT is a project of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
(VCDL). VCDL is an all-volunteer, non-partisan grassroots organization
dedicated to defending the human rights of all Virginians. The Right to
Keep and Bear Arms is a fundamental human right.
VCDL web page: http://www.vcdl.org

