Private Handgun Purchasing If I'm Under 21
Posted: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:33:02
[THIS IS A REPOST OF A TOPIC I PUT IN "RULES AND REGULATIONS"]
It seems I picked the wrong sub forum to post in - my bad
Link to OP - http://vagunforum.net/rules-and-regs/pr ... z4LfB6ZXCj
Hey, first post.
I know this thread pops up a lot on here, but I havent seen the legality of handgun sales to someone 18-20 discussed. It appears that under federal law it is perfectly legal, however, the virginia state laws are very confusing. If someone could help me figure this out that would be appreciated. If possible, citing the laws specifically would also be very helpful, as I don't want to take any chances of breaking any laws here. I just want a revolver.
Thanks,
Grant
EDIT: Also, when I spoke to an FFL dealer earlier. He mentioned something called a "gestalt purchase," but I can't find any information whatsoever about that online and I feel like he made the term up or I misunderstood him.
It seems I picked the wrong sub forum to post in - my bad
Link to OP - http://vagunforum.net/rules-and-regs/pr ... z4LfB6ZXCj
Hey, first post.
I know this thread pops up a lot on here, but I havent seen the legality of handgun sales to someone 18-20 discussed. It appears that under federal law it is perfectly legal, however, the virginia state laws are very confusing. If someone could help me figure this out that would be appreciated. If possible, citing the laws specifically would also be very helpful, as I don't want to take any chances of breaking any laws here. I just want a revolver.
Thanks,
Grant
EDIT: Also, when I spoke to an FFL dealer earlier. He mentioned something called a "gestalt purchase," but I can't find any information whatsoever about that online and I feel like he made the term up or I misunderstood him.