Gift Mauser

Post pictures or videos as well as specifications or whatever else you want to say about the guns that you know and love.
Post Reply
User avatar
WFarm
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:34:28

Gift Mauser

Post by WFarm »

My neighbor recently gave me a rifle from his collection as he knows I'm really into vintage military rifles. Its a 1893 Mauser, Turkish model as best I can tell. From what I've read so far (I knew next to nothing about Mausers!) it was made in the 1896-1898 timeframe in Turkey under license from Mauser of Germany. The 1939 date on the receiver was the date Turkish armories re-chamberd the rifle to the then standard 8mm cartridge. If anybody out there knows more or different I'd love to hear.

Image

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:46:31
Location: Richmond

Re: Gift Mauser

Post by ShotgunBlast »

:lovegunporn: :lovegunporn: :lovegunporn:
User avatar
WFarm
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:34:28

Re: Gift Mauser

Post by WFarm »

Ok Shotgunblast, heres a couple more for you. Subject: 1945 M1 Garand on display stand with cleaning kit in nickel tube and 1943 Frankford Armory armor-piercing ammo.......

Image

Image

Image
User avatar
ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 3222
Joined: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:46:31
Location: Richmond

Re: Gift Mauser

Post by ShotgunBlast »

That's a real piece of history right there. Thanks for sharing!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
User avatar
dragonzfury050
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:31:07
Location: Lynchburg

Re: Gift Mauser

Post by dragonzfury050 »

that...is...awesome. love the mantle display
"We must reject the idea that every time a law is broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
-Ronald Reagan
User avatar
WFarm
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 19:34:28

Re: Gift Mauser

Post by WFarm »

dragonzfury050 wrote:that...is...awesome. love the mantle display
Thanks! Made the stand out of walnut to match the rifle stock. My dad and I cut the walnut tree years ago in Kansas and had it cut into various boards. We've about used it up now.

The Garand rests on the stand, however its not just a wall flower. I shoot it alot as its my favorite rifle. I designed and built a bayonet adapter for it to mount accessories such as my hunting light or bipod and I use it for night hunting for coyotes.

Image

Image
Post Reply

Return to “Show Off Your Hardware”