Happy doesn't begin to describe what I am.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
She's a beaut isn't she. Figured I throw my Glock 30 .45 up there with my KA-BAR. Yes sir, 7.62x54 (.308) worth of nasty in the best SOCOM platform available. Figured since I already had an AR put together I'd grab my dream rifle. The fiancé got the AR (LRB M15). So what you see here is my combat load out. I do have a Mosin just in case I need a paddle and a handheld cannon though.
Happy doesn't begin to describe what I am.
. I'll post range results a pics soon.
Happy doesn't begin to describe what I am.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
You just have to ask yourself, is he telling you the truth based on knowledge and experience or spreading internet myths?
- FiremanBob
- VGOF Bronze Supporter

- Posts: 2083
- Joined: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 08:50:05
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Feeding that long Russian round into your SCAR will make a big kaboom. I don't want to be there when it happens.
Author of The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22
1022Companion.com
Project Appleseed Instructor
1022Companion.com
Project Appleseed Instructor
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Darn.... Typo guys, come on it would never chamber anyway. On that note, I will be picking up much ammo this weekend at the GS. .308 of course.
7.62x51 (51!)
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
- bryanrheem
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 877
- Joined: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:19:11
- Location: NoVA
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Fantastic rifle. Congrats!
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Thank guys. I'll try to get to the range by Tuesday.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Very nice! Congrats. How is the magazine suppy right now? Did they ever start shipping?


Le prixs'oublie, la qualité reste
- gunderwood
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 7189
- Joined: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:28:34
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Nig rig. Congrats.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
It's hit or miss with the magazines right now. I've got 2 on order that will be here in the next couple days. By the end of the weekend, I should have four more. 
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Still haven't made it to the range.... I did manage to get my hands on 8 more magazines though. 
It looks like tomorrow might be a good day for the range since it may be under 100*.
It looks like tomorrow might be a good day for the range since it may be under 100*.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Nice evil rifle.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
nice. I picked up my dream 308 recently as well. Fired 6 rounds through it on the 4th when the neighbors wouldn't worry to much about the sound of me shooting my old x-box 360 and cleaning the barrel after each round. It still needs to be scoped but just having the rifle of your dreams makes everything else seem not that pressing... once you have ammo of course.
"The deeper sorrow cleaves into your soul the greater it's capacity to contain joy" -DeSade
when in doubt set it on fire.
when in doubt set it on fire.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Awesome bro, I suppose you have a thread on it so I'll go look at that. I've got several hundred rounds on its way right now. Hopefully be here by Wednesday. I'm finally going to the range this Monday or Tuesday. I'll be using the range ammo of course.kanata67 wrote:nice. I picked up my dream 308 recently as well. Fired 6 rounds through it on the 4th when the neighbors wouldn't worry to much about the sound of me shooting my old x-box 360 and cleaning the barrel after each round. It still needs to be scoped but just having the rifle of your dreams makes everything else seem not that pressing... once you have ammo of course.
I'll throw some more pictures of my SCAR up soon.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Okay, couldn't find the thread..l. So what is it? We need pictures! Link to a thread?
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Range was today. Rifle performed flawlessly through 120 rounds. Due to the design of the carrier and piston, cleaning wasn't even really needed but I did it anyway. Especially for the barrel. Kick was just over what a AR 5.56 would give you. Since my SCAR is the heavy(7.62), it's a welcome advantage. The compensator isn't very nice to those on the sides of you. The blast actually puts my Mosin to shame. It does great with keeping the rifle down in line for the next shot. Rapid fire was as fast as I could pull the trigger. Actually so fast that the RSO yelled at me. I didn't know we couldn't shoot fast there. It could have had something to do with the compensator though. Lol
Overall I was extremely impressed with the SCAR17s and it's worth every penny. Ease of takedown, ease of barrel changing, ability to stay on target, ergonomics, sights, and power make this my favorite rifle of all time. IMHO it's the best assault rifle available today. After all, you can't argue with SOCOM.
pictures to come.....
Oh yeah, accuracy is insane. Used the same hole with multiple bullets at 50 yds even with iron sights. 5 round shot groups at .75 inches on average at 50 yds.
Overall I was extremely impressed with the SCAR17s and it's worth every penny. Ease of takedown, ease of barrel changing, ability to stay on target, ergonomics, sights, and power make this my favorite rifle of all time. IMHO it's the best assault rifle available today. After all, you can't argue with SOCOM.
Oh yeah, accuracy is insane. Used the same hole with multiple bullets at 50 yds even with iron sights. 5 round shot groups at .75 inches on average at 50 yds.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
Re: SCAR-H (17) picked up yesterday :)
Some updated pictures. Red field revenge 3-9x52. Enjoy...






I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.


