National right to carry

Contact your Federal or State Representative and Delegates. Send them an email and let them know that you want them to fight for your Second Amendment Rights.
Forum rules
Gun related political postings are welcome here. If it's not firearm related, please don't post it.
Post Reply
User avatar
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
Location: Virginia Beach

National right to carry

Post by VBshooter »

GOA has a link to tell the boys in Washington that you support the vote on National Right to Carry,,,THe vote will be coming up on S.845, Take a few minutes and use the GOA link to send the pre written letter to Warner and Webb.

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/home/
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: National right to carry

Post by zephyp »

Thanks, Spence. I've been watching this one too and notice its just been put on the 23 July calendar for Senate committee/subcommittee (Crime and Drugs) action at 10:30 am. I'm happy to see that its going to move forward quicker as a rider on an DOD authorizations bill. One time an earmark might work in our favor!!!

Done my duty. Took about 3 seconds since my info was already filled in !!!! Not sure if this was from a previous visit or because I'm a GOA member. Are you?
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: National right to carry

Post by VBshooter »

I am recently a new member.I think their website uses some form of memeory for your computer ,,I know I have done that same thing ,,Just opened the page and been signed in,, THis National Carry thing will be VERY interesting to watch,, A lot of politicians butts are going to be on the line to us ,We all know Sotomayer will get the nod in the affirmative. All just to appease a small voter group they are willing to throw millions of us gun owners under the bus, Never forget who screws us!!Pay backs are a bitch!!! 2010 and 2012 can't come soon enough.
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: National right to carry

Post by zephyp »

Indeed. I've already made up my mind that regardless (well almost - things can always be worse) of who's on the ticket Connolly, Webb, and Warner have got to go. They suck.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 9678
Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
Location: King George, Virginia
Contact:

Re: National right to carry

Post by allingeneral »

Sent!

Hmm...makes me want to work on something similar where we have a local page that we can fill in our contact information and send a form letter to our senators. I'll have to look into that sometime.
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Image
User avatar
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: National right to carry

Post by VBshooter »

THat would be very cool... A petition type thing so everybody could sign on and send it in from the Forum or a form page to access privately would make it easier for the members and should help to create greater interest in the policies we need to either support or oppose. I do agree that Webb and Warner have to go, All they do is follow the Obama crew and submit bills to spend even more money,,, So far my Congressman NYE has shown some balls by not voting the party line many times and has always been good on gun rights..So he has another year to be evaluated,,,
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: National right to carry

Post by zephyp »

My thoughts precisely. It might help generate more interest here.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
herohog
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 799
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:25:58

Re: National right to carry

Post by herohog »

Letter sent! And, yes, the current crop MUST go!
User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

Re: National right to carry

Post by GS78 »

Yea, I sent letters to both "my" representatives even though neither one really represent me in any way. I don't think it will do any good. They will say that a national reciprocity policy will endanger the general public....blah,blah,blah...... same old same old. I think it will have to be done with pitchforks and torches....
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
Moccasin

Re: National right to carry

Post by Moccasin »

While I'd love nothing more than to be able to carry in 48 states based on having a VA permit, I have to wonder if in the end this might be counter-productive. While I have no intention of visiting certain states I am concerned that some will change their CCW laws and not allow permits. Some left coast and north eastern states come to mind, especially any state that is a "may issue" state but actually issues very few permits. They don't want their own citizens carrying handguns, they sure won't want non-residents doing it.
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: National right to carry

Post by zephyp »

Gary, I agree but maybe we'd get a break in other states because we would be considered "immigrants" of a sort. We give all those guys a bigger break at the federal level so why not us when we cross state lines :hysterical:
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: National right to carry

Post by VBshooter »

Actually I'll wager that the states will start a piss contest against each other and fight the National Carry issue just to be SOB'S to a neighboring state they got a problem with,, Will be interesting to see what the Senate does here, We will just keep score ,I have little or no faith in our elected sheep to vote in our favor, Their too busy apple polishing to take care of the people they work for,,, Man I wish we had call back voting...
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
Moccasin

Re: National right to carry

Post by Moccasin »

zephyp wrote:Gary, I agree but maybe we'd get a break in other states because we would be considered "immigrants" of a sort. We give all those guys a bigger break at the federal level so why not us when we cross state lines :hysterical:
DK, I don't speak the right language to be considered an immigrant. I know some german, greek, and french. Very few people that speak those languages are crossing the border illegally.
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: National right to carry

Post by zephyp »

Yes, but we can pretend not to speak their language just like most illegals do at the national level... :roll: No. I no speaky...
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
Dragonfly
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 195
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:02:00
Location: Nottoway

Re: National right to carry

Post by Dragonfly »

Regardless of their opinions and political views, we need to let the folks in DC and Richmond know that we are watching them and the best way of doing that is sending emails, letters and making the phone calls. I’m currently not a GOA member but used their system for sending Warner and Webb a message. It is easy, painless and free and only takes a few seconds. Having something like that on this Board would be great I think.
Proud Member VVA, VCDL, NRA
User avatar
NewColonial
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed, 06 May 2009 09:47:40
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Contact:

Re: National right to carry

Post by NewColonial »

Dragonfly wrote:Regardless of their opinions and political views, we need to let the folks in DC and Richmond know that we are watching them and the best way of doing that is sending emails, letters and making the phone calls.
That's the most important point in this. Let them know that not all voters are mindless sheep.

As far as this legislation, clearly it has not a snowball's chance in hades of ever coming to reality. I'd be surprised if it even gets out of committee, let along thru both chambers, then gets Comrade Obama's signature. Even if it got that far, it would be held up in courts forever.
CCFan
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 844
Joined: Fri, 08 May 2009 21:51:35

Re: National right to carry

Post by CCFan »

allingeneral wrote:Sent!

Hmm...makes me want to work on something similar where we have a local page that we can fill in our contact information and send a form letter to our senators. I'll have to look into that sometime.
I don't remember where it was that I filled out a form like that - but I have received a notice a few times that due to the number of automated emails, etc., that only submissions via the Senate web site would receive a review and response (not that I consider my recently received emails a "response") - but something to think about. If anyone else has seen this or knows more about it - chime in, it may have changed since I got that, and I can't find the form I submitted...
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Resistance to Tyranny is Obedience to God.
User avatar
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: National right to carry

Post by VBshooter »

I started to receive notices that only emails from the officials site would be looked ,, Something about third party e mail services and viruses,,Either way ,rarely do i get a true response, If its a touchy subject It's usually an automated canned one that doesn't say a thing about the problem,,
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 14108
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20

Re: National right to carry

Post by OakRidgeStars »

The latest VA-ALERT from the VCDL contains information on Federal Reciprocity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*******************************************************************
1. URGENT ACTION ITEM: Federal reciprocity bill is moving
*******************************************************************

Gun Owners of America is reporting that federal Senate bill S. 845,
which would establish concealed carry reciprocity between the states,
could get a vote as early as MONDAY!

The vote could be on the wording being attached as an amendment to a
Department of Defense authorization bill, H.R. 2647.

It is based on the "full faith and credit" in the Constitution and
would allow you to carry in any state that allows citizens to carry
concealed as long as your home state would let you carry concealed!

Here is the operative language that would effect us in Virginia:

`(1) A person who is not prohibited by Federal law from
possessing, transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm, and is
carrying a valid license or permit which is issued pursuant to the law
of any State and which permits the person to carry a concealed
firearm, may carry a concealed firearm in accordance with the terms of
the license or permit in any State that allows its residents to carry
concealed firearms, subject to the laws of the State in which the
firearm is carried concerning specific types of locations in which
firearms may not be carried.
--
Paragraph #2 is similar, but takes care of Vermont and Alaska, where
permits aren't required to carry concealed.

It does not cover Illinois or Wisconsin, as neither have any legal way
for citizens to carry concealed handguns.

To send an email to Senators Warner and Webb using GOA's web site,
click here:

http://capwiz.com/gunowners/issues/aler ... d=13750856

Let's get cracking! Imagine being able to carry in NY, NJ, MA, MD(!),
HI, DC (DC does have a "concealed carry" law on the books, but it's
not used much at all), CA, etc.! Be still my beating heart...
User avatar
baz
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 174
Joined: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 14:53:13

Re: National right to carry

Post by baz »

Moccasin wrote:While I'd love nothing more than to be able to carry in 48 states based on having a VA permit, I have to wonder if in the end this might be counter-productive...Some left coast and north eastern states come to mind, especially any state that is a "may issue" state but actually issues very few permits. They don't want their own citizens carrying handguns, they sure won't want non-residents doing it.
I agree. Federal reciprocity just provides more federal control and less state control. We should be writing to our state rep's telling them to join reciprocity with all states (like KY's reciprocity). I also agree that if you have a permit, then it should be valid in other states (when following their laws). But, this is probably better off being a state issue.
Post Reply

Return to “Virginia and National Politics (Firearm Related Only)”