Tannerite Hog Control

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
User avatar
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 1842
Joined: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:05:15
Location: Charlottesville now. Was Stow, OH

Re: Tannerite Hog Control

Post by AlanM »

SHMIV wrote:Interesting. Wonder if that steamer idea would work with a smaller setup. I reckon it would; steam is steam...
If boiling water works to kill a fire ant nest I'm pretty sure that any decent volume of steam would also do the trick.

EDIT --- It just occurred to me that a pressure cooker about half to three quarters filled with water would make a good steam generator. Just take of the pressure relief weight and hook up your hose to the vent pipe (with a clamp loose enough to let the hose pop off if pressure gets too high).

IIRC - the steam lance setup was used on large, deep, underground nests and may have also been used on underground wasp nests.
I must admit it's a pretty darn environmentally friendly way to dispose of unwanted neighbors.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
User avatar
SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 5741
Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:15:31
Location: Where ever I go, there I am.

Re: Tannerite Hog Control

Post by SHMIV »

Yeah, that's a right spiffy idea. Seems to me, one might could get a good business going with an old carpet cleaning van.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”