Michael Jackson Memorial

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
Post Reply
User avatar
gfost1
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 378
Joined: Wed, 01 Apr 2009 20:10:26
Location: Chesapeake

Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by gfost1 »

Howdy, Y'all,

FYI, I just counted 14 channels (cox, Hampton Roads) broadcasting the memorial service live. Nothing against the Late Mr. Jackson, but if George W. could have got that kind of media support, we'd be finished with Afghanistan and Iraq, and he'd probably still be president.

Regards,

George
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by zephyp »

I just counted over 300 channels (Verizon, Alexandria) and there is not one thing about our fallen heroes, those still fighting, or veterans.

To add to my fury about this whole mess, a congresswoman in TX introduced a bill today to recognize Jackson as a "global humanitarian and a noted leader in the fight against worldwide hunger and medical crises" and celebrate the King of Pop as "an accomplished contributor to the worlds of arts and entertainment, scientific advances in the treatment of HIV/AIDS, and global food security."

I sincerely hope my congressman (Connolly) supports this. If he does, it will be the final straw for me. This coupled with their moment of silence last week for jackson has flipped my switch and my fun meter is now pegged. I will devote the remainder of my natural life and every available resource - exhausting every legal and Constitutional means to run him and anyone else supporting it out of office.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
goodoleboy
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 22:28:18
Location: Manassas

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by goodoleboy »

I'm getting sick and tired of the media glorifying this F-in CHILD MOLESTING PEDOPHILE. He gets caught, twice, in the USA and doesn't get convicted so what does he do? HE RUNS TO THE KIDDIE PORN CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. If I hear one more word about this POS I just may have to do something about it...
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by zephyp »

Easy, Cody. It's ruffled my skin too, but there's more important things to address. See my previous post. If they pass that resolution we can certainly do something and the best course of action is to petition congress and let them know election day is coming and not soon enough. We also need to keenly focus on the CIFTA treaty. Here's a link to that post in case you missed it.

http://vagunforum.net/national-politics ... t1148.html
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
BluemontGlock
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 692
Joined: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 16:18:30
Location: High in the Blueridge Mtns

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by BluemontGlock »

jacko gets a big "whatever" from me...He went downhill ever since the cartoon...

somehow the media must get a cut from all the hangers-on trying to get a little slice of the jacko pie...pathetic watching these people and watching them make "his" / those children stand up in front of a bunch fomenting jackson zelots...death, does not a good person make...
Be particular, and be vigilant, as the enemy will only attack on two occasions:
When you're ready or when you're not ready.

Also never forget, that everyone who shows up, is not necessarily there to help.
_________________________________________________
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 14108
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by OakRidgeStars »

It was entertaining to watch all of the celebrities, with their fake emotions and phony tears, hogging the spotlight at his memorial service. Where were these people when MJ was alive?. Where were they during his three trials for child molestation?. I don't remember anyone standing up and saying how he affected their lives then. They must have all been out to lunch with Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by zephyp »

Wow. Good ole LA paid $1.4M - yes folks - $1.4 MILLION tax dollars to support this fiasco. I wonder where that money came from?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530921,00.html
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
Moccasin

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by Moccasin »

zephyp wrote:Wow. Good ole LA paid $1.4M - yes folks - $1.4 MILLION tax dollars to support this fiasco. I wonder where that money came from?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,530921,00.html
Maybe a loan against the tax dollars they plan on getting when CA legalizes the sale of marijuana?
User avatar
goodoleboy
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 334
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 22:28:18
Location: Manassas

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by goodoleboy »

The entire country needs to go down that path, not just CA...
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by zephyp »

Moccasin wrote:Maybe a loan against the tax dollars they plan on getting when CA legalizes the sale of marijuana?
Taking a loan against future tax revenue is one of the options on the table for them. IMO that would only delay and prolong the pain. I think we outta let em fail and hope the whole mess slides off into the Pacific.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
Moccasin

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by Moccasin »

zephyp wrote:Taking a loan against future tax revenue is one of the options on the table for them. IMO that would only delay and prolong the pain. I think we outta let em fail and hope the whole mess slides off into the Pacific.
If it would make them fall into the ocean any faster I'd be willing to start chiseling along the state line.
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by zephyp »

Moccasin wrote:If it would make them fall into the ocean any faster I'd be willing to start chiseling along the state line.
Hey bro, I keep a diddy bag packed and can be ready to leave in 5 minutes!!!!! Any other volunteers????
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by zephyp »

zephyp wrote:
Moccasin wrote:If it would make them fall into the ocean any faster I'd be willing to start chiseling along the state line.
Read this exciting news report posted on FoxNews just this morning. Did you get there ahead of me???

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531 ... latestnews
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
Moccasin

Re: Michael Jackson Memorial

Post by Moccasin »

Live from CA, Moccasin is now hammering like hell on the state line. :hysterical:
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”