Disclose Act HR1575

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
User avatar
Chasbo00
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 1819
Joined: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 19:34:29
Location: Northern VA

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Post by Chasbo00 »

I intend to do what I can to foster a leadership change at the NRA, especially within the ILA. I don't think members bailing out of the NRA helps anyone but the anti-gunners.
Competition is one of the "great levelers" of ego.
User avatar
Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 1891
Joined: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 02:28:14
Location: Central VA
Contact:

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Post by Diomed »

OakRidgeStars wrote:With support for DISCLOSE faltering in the Senate, and no immediate sponsor in sight, the chances of this bill passing is slim.
Don't start counting those chickens yet. I seem to recall the same being said about health care, and we know how that turned out...
OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
Posts: 14108
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Post by OakRidgeStars »

Diomed wrote:
OakRidgeStars wrote:With support for DISCLOSE faltering in the Senate, and no immediate sponsor in sight, the chances of this bill passing is slim.
Don't start counting those chickens yet. I seem to recall the same being said about health care, and we know how that turned out...
Very true. We have to keep the pressure on our local reps.
User avatar
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Post by VBshooter »

Webb is a co sponsor and intends to vote for it! I unfortunately deleeted the email I received from him a few days ago. Warner will probably also ,,seems neither of them ,like most other democrats have an original thought between them.
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
User avatar
TheGodfather
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 937
Joined: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 10:19:47
Location: Gainesville, VA

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Post by TheGodfather »

UPDATE: DISCLOSE Act vote takes place TODAY, Tuesday, July 27!

Make your phone calls NOW and tell them to VOTE NO!!
"I don't talk to Obama voters often. But when I do, I order large fries."
User avatar
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3851
Joined: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 11:14:27
Location: Virginia Beach

Re: Disclose Act HR1575

Post by VBshooter »

Vote stalled today and Democraps couldn't get the 60 needed to pass it, SO for now its DOA but Senator Reid (everybodys favorite buttwipe) has said he will be bringing it back sometime in the future.(Jackass just don't get it does he?"). We will need to remain cognizant of this and be ready when Ol numnuts tries it again. BTW our two Democrap Cowards voted in favor of this abortion so a line to them might be appropiate to remind them that their time in DC is gonna be 1 term only,,,,, :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”