Thanks
C & R paperwork?
- Hiwaytahell
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 730
- Joined: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:35:12
- Location: Alexandria
C & R paperwork?
Hey all you crufflers...How long did it take for you to get the application paperwork by mail after you applied online? Not the liscense itself, the application paperwork that you send back to the ATF. I know the Gov't response time has slowed down alot lately.
Thanks
Thanks

-
Moccasin
Re: C & R paperwork?
Took me about 6 or 8 weeks. Took so long that I sent for more paperwork thinking they hadn't gotten the first request.
- Hiwaytahell
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 730
- Joined: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:35:12
- Location: Alexandria
Re: C & R paperwork?
I was thinking of doing the same thing Moccasin. I'm on week 7 right now. Thanx

Re: C & R paperwork?
it took at least 2 months to receive mine. The license itself came quicker.
SWCA SWHF
Re: C & R paperwork?
i took me 3 months to get it after 2 requests
me and some other friends came to the conclusion that they batch all the requests and then wait untill it gets really big before they fill them
it took me 3 months and my friend 1 week but they arrived on the same day
by the time mine showed up i was out of money to pay for it
me and some other friends came to the conclusion that they batch all the requests and then wait untill it gets really big before they fill them
it took me 3 months and my friend 1 week but they arrived on the same day
by the time mine showed up i was out of money to pay for it
-
OakRidgeStars
- VGOF Gold Supporter

- Posts: 14108
- Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
Re: C & R paperwork?
You could always try the local ATF field office if there's one close by.
http://www.atf.gov/field/washington/va.htm
http://www.atf.gov/field/washington/va.htm
- Hiwaytahell
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 730
- Joined: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:35:12
- Location: Alexandria
Re: C & R paperwork?
When I requested my application it took about three weeks IIRC. This was in 2006. I could kick myself in the butt for letting my license expire but it seems like the C&R market has dried up to a good degree. It sure is nice having firearms delivered right to your door!
Re: C & R paperwork?
Two weeks earlier this year .... my green forms were sent from the WVa ATF Field Office
Re: C & R paperwork?
Seems to me when I requested mine I got them back in three or four days. Wasn't long anyway. Then it took about a month to get the actual license back. I must have slipped in between waves.
(Helpful hint.) Keep a copy of your license in your wallet. If nothing else it's good for a second ID when you buy a gun from a dealer.
(Helpful hint.) Keep a copy of your license in your wallet. If nothing else it's good for a second ID when you buy a gun from a dealer.
For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
John 3:16 (NKJV)
- Hiwaytahell
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 730
- Joined: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:35:12
- Location: Alexandria
-
Moccasin
Re: C & R paperwork?
I had mine all filled out but had second thoughts after hearing what is going on in Texas and other border states. They are allowed entry to the premises without a warrant to inspect the C&R book. That's all they can legally enter for but if they see something of interest to them who know what they'll do.
- allingeneral
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9678
- Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
- Location: King George, Virginia
- Contact:
Re: C & R paperwork?
Can you keep the C&R record off premises? Like lock it up in a lock box at the bank or something? Or does it have to be on premises with your collection?
-
Moccasin
Re: C & R paperwork?
Has to be with the collection. You can seperate the collection from modern firearms, that should remedy the situation. Right now I can't do that though. Eventually I want to be able to put C&R in one room and modern in another. Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't trust them in my house. Best place for the C&R is beside the front door, they can see it from there.allingeneral wrote:Can you keep the C&R record off premises? Like lock it up in a lock box at the bank or something? Or does it have to be on premises with your collection?
- allingeneral
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9678
- Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
- Location: King George, Virginia
- Contact:
Re: C & R paperwork?
or out in the garage/shed...
-
Moccasin
Re: C & R paperwork?
I'd rather deal with ATF than theives (what's the diff) and rust. No garage at present and my shed isn't really where I'd store guns. Too many rodents and snakes around.allingeneral wrote:or out in the garage/shed...
Re: C & R paperwork?
I have always been a little nervous about the ATF deal, even after talking to some of the agents in person and being reassured that they really don't kick in doors demanding to "see" the weapons etc...but with the current climate in D.C. I fear things will 'change' drastically, and in a heartbeat.
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: C & R paperwork?
My fear precisely. I've heard too many horror stories of this happening to class 1 FFL dealers. Once they are on the premises they have carte blanche if they see anything "suspicious." IMO, by filing one of these things you essentially give up your 4th Amendment rights.Moccasin wrote:I had mine all filled out but had second thoughts after hearing what is going on in Texas and other border states. They are allowed entry to the premises without a warrant to inspect the C&R book. That's all they can legally enter for but if they see something of interest to them who know what they'll do.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...




