Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?

Discussion about Curios and Relics and the special rules that apply to ownership and sale of these firearms.
Post Reply
User avatar
FIDO
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 16:14:01

Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?

Post by FIDO »

Like the topic asks.. I have yet to use mine for anything other than firearms. Anyone know of Virginia businesses that allow C&R discounts?
Moccasin

Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?

Post by Moccasin »

Sorry, can't help you. I've got all the paperwork to get my C&R but I'm hesitant to do so tight now. Having one allows BATFE warrantless entry into that address listed on the application. I can't bring myself to allow that possibility in my home with this administration.
User avatar
Hiwaytahell
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 730
Joined: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:35:12
Location: Alexandria

Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?

Post by Hiwaytahell »

I would like to know this also.
Image
User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA

Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?

Post by zephyp »

Moccasin wrote:Sorry, can't help you. I've got all the paperwork to get my C&R but I'm hesitant to do so tight now. Having one allows BATFE warrantless entry into that address listed on the application. I can't bring myself to allow that possibility in my home with this administration.
Precisely the reason I havent applied for one and probably never will. Different story if I happen to hit the lottery and open a gun/range/hunting/fishing/bike shop... :yeahright:
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image
User avatar
FIDO
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 16:14:01

Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?

Post by FIDO »

Yeah I hear what you're saying about the BATF visits. Since I don't use the C&R much, I'm going to let it expire. It was fun when surplus ammo was cheap.
User avatar
vbrtrmn
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:45:05

Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?

Post by vbrtrmn »

The best local discount is no FFL transfer fee. I don't ask local dealers for discounts, because most of them are small businesses which are dealing with very slim margins, anyway.
User avatar
DRat
On Target
On Target
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 13:34:20
Location: Sterling,VA

Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?

Post by DRat »

I have not found any local discount using my C&R FFL.
Post Reply

Return to “Curios and Relics”