Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Like the topic asks.. I have yet to use mine for anything other than firearms. Anyone know of Virginia businesses that allow C&R discounts?
-
Moccasin
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Sorry, can't help you. I've got all the paperwork to get my C&R but I'm hesitant to do so tight now. Having one allows BATFE warrantless entry into that address listed on the application. I can't bring myself to allow that possibility in my home with this administration.
- Hiwaytahell
- VGOF Silver Supporter

- Posts: 730
- Joined: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:35:12
- Location: Alexandria
- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Precisely the reason I havent applied for one and probably never will. Different story if I happen to hit the lottery and open a gun/range/hunting/fishing/bike shop...Moccasin wrote:Sorry, can't help you. I've got all the paperwork to get my C&R but I'm hesitant to do so tight now. Having one allows BATFE warrantless entry into that address listed on the application. I can't bring myself to allow that possibility in my home with this administration.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
Yeah I hear what you're saying about the BATF visits. Since I don't use the C&R much, I'm going to let it expire. It was fun when surplus ammo was cheap.
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
The best local discount is no FFL transfer fee. I don't ask local dealers for discounts, because most of them are small businesses which are dealing with very slim margins, anyway.
Re: Anyone use their C&Rs for local discounts?
I have not found any local discount using my C&R FFL.


