New to VA carry- a few observations
- allingeneral
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9678
- Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
- Location: King George, Virginia
- Contact:
Re: New to VA carry- a few observations
hehe GS78 stick *that* in your pipe! 
Re: New to VA carry- a few observations
ok sport, first I think you are the one who did cry about using " a vacation day had to be burned to do this...blah,blah,blah..." or was that ME who said that?
I did not reply to your "civil predicament"" only your vacation dilemma, and then to merely point out that many people have to take an UNPAID day off to accomplish certain tasks. Not every person has vacation days given to them, and yes they are given to you, as part of your " specific compensation package ", perhaps you might look a little farther DOWN the ladder before you start crying about "having to burn a vacation day to accomplish your personal business". In light of the entire topic, I would only add that hundreds of thousands of Americans living in this country would, and do, jump through much tighter hoops than you have had to in order to secure their second ammendment rights,and I would guess they might even be willing to "burn a vacation day" in order to get one, and while here in Va we dont need a permit to carry at all, some have decided to engage in the process by doing what their county asks to hold a concealed permit, right or wrong its a conscious decision made by the applicant. (and I agree,the process is wrong in principal) There are thousands of people who will never have a carry permit simply because of where they live. Just think of how much time you have spent on this topic,not only on this forum, but your everyday affairs. Is it more than a day? less? no matter, did you have to take time off from work? or are you perhaps , at work? in which case maybe the boss should revisit your "compensation package". ... now that is all....
I did not reply to your "civil predicament"" only your vacation dilemma, and then to merely point out that many people have to take an UNPAID day off to accomplish certain tasks. Not every person has vacation days given to them, and yes they are given to you, as part of your " specific compensation package ", perhaps you might look a little farther DOWN the ladder before you start crying about "having to burn a vacation day to accomplish your personal business". In light of the entire topic, I would only add that hundreds of thousands of Americans living in this country would, and do, jump through much tighter hoops than you have had to in order to secure their second ammendment rights,and I would guess they might even be willing to "burn a vacation day" in order to get one, and while here in Va we dont need a permit to carry at all, some have decided to engage in the process by doing what their county asks to hold a concealed permit, right or wrong its a conscious decision made by the applicant. (and I agree,the process is wrong in principal) There are thousands of people who will never have a carry permit simply because of where they live. Just think of how much time you have spent on this topic,not only on this forum, but your everyday affairs. Is it more than a day? less? no matter, did you have to take time off from work? or are you perhaps , at work? in which case maybe the boss should revisit your "compensation package". ... now that is all....
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
Re: New to VA carry- a few observations
There was a time when I would have rick, but I gave all that sillyness up a very long time ago.....pipes I mean, the kind you smoke , and the kinds that smoke.......allingeneral wrote:hehe GS78 stick *that* in your pipe!
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: New to VA carry- a few observations
Ah, you must be a physician with a specialty and maybe a sub-specialty? If you are, would love to hear your take on the so called health care reform...derek141 wrote:
You're not quite correct on the vacation. My vacation time is compensation earned the same as my salary. While this is thread-drift, I will engage your commentary. I "work my ass off" at a job with a specific compensation package because I "worked my ass off" for 12 years in school and postgraduate training. No one has "given" me any vacation.
No one's crying last I checked. The kids are two and newborn, so I'm not sure how much of that civics lesson would have stuck. Don't believe the full-term wife would have considered that a bunch of fun, either. Please be cautious what assumptions you make about another man's personal life, because you could be quite mistaken.
That is all.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


- allingeneral
- Site Admin

- Posts: 9678
- Joined: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 17:38:25
- Location: King George, Virginia
- Contact:
Re: New to VA carry- a few observations
That is all! (thread locked) 
- zephyp
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 10207
- Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
- Location: Springfield, VA
Re: New to VA carry- a few observations
Ohhhh. I'm so bored I could cut an apple in half just to watch it turn brown....allingeneral wrote:That is all! (thread locked)
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...


