For a while now I have entertained the idea of getting an FFL to sell firearms. Everything I read states that you need a location that has to be approved. But what if you only wanted to sell at shows, or on the internet. Is it possible to have your FFL location be your home? If so, how difficult is it to get your home approved?
FordTek
FFL from home?
Re: FFL from home?
All you need to do is get the proper zoning from the county, send ATF your application and when approved you have opened your door to ATF inspections in your home. I checked into it once and the fact of the ATF having the run of my house ruined the idea.
Re: FFL from home?
Yeah it depends on where you live. You will need think long and hard before you advance on this "idea". A good friend of mine has done this for over twenty years out of his home. He is a decorated combat vet from the vietnam war with three tours of duty, a real Master Blaster, I only tell you this because now he is older, and slower, and over the years has instructed thousands of people in their pistol courses for concealed carry in Va, and sold many weapons. He told me a few months ago he is getting worried about the way things are going and decided to stop selling to anybody, except close personal friends.[Until now he has only sold to persons who came highly recomended from friends] He is worried about " certain types of people" who know of his business and what might happen in the event of chaos. He is not affraid, but his family is there, its HIS home.... I think you get my drift.... not to mention that the ATF will be allowed to "stop by" whenever they are in the neighborhood......{that would be enough for me to abstain}....its like having a pack of hyaenas over for lunch.....also, do you live near a school? daycare center? boys and girls club? can you imagine the howls of " Will someone think of the children?!!"..... just say'n, tread carefully, that first step is a doozy...FordTek wrote:For a while now I have entertained the idea of getting an FFL to sell firearms. Everything I read states that you need a location that has to be approved. But what if you only wanted to sell at shows, or on the internet. Is it possible to have your FFL location be your home? If so, how difficult is it to get your home approved?
FordTek
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
Re: FFL from home?
exactly. A few years ago I had an opportunity to purchase a used MP-5, fully automatic at a great price. I seriously wanted this weapon, and I was going to buy it, I had the cash and sent for the paperwork, talked to the local sheriff about it, all was set.........then I read the paperwork.........I could feel the millstone being placed around my neck, and said "screw this!"...... I passed on a good deal, I could have either had a nice toy, and sewn a bullseye on my back forever.Vahunter wrote:All you need to do is get the proper zoning from the county, send ATF your application and when approved you have opened your door to ATF inspections in your home. I checked into it once and the fact of the ATF having the run of my house ruined the idea.
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
Re: FFL from home?
.......oh and don't think its just the ATF, remember about your not-so-friendly taxation dept, state and federal, and insurance in case of theft, injury...etc... you will most likely be told how and where and how many articles you may hold at one time, and how and where they are to be stored, depending on your local officials.....
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell
"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell


