Gun control by executive order.

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required
User avatar
mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter
Posts: 2753
Joined: Thu, 19 May 2011 16:08:25

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Post by mamabearCali »

dorminWS wrote:I just refuse to answer those "fishing expedition" questions. Last time I did that, the P.A. told me she had to complete the form before she could "initiate treatment". Part of the new electronic medical records scheme, she said. I had cut my finger and needed a stitch. I asked her:

"Are you withholding medical care to force me to answer questions unrelated to the condition? THINK VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU ANSWER THAT."

She beat a hasty retreat and came back with the ER doc, who tucked a stitch in my finger with a big smirk on his face. (this doc is my buddy and hates all that BS anyway). Of course, I'm on the board of that hospital, so maybe that's why I got away with it. The administrator told me "shame on you, you naughty boy" next time I saw him. But generally speaking, they get much more reasonable if they think you might accuse them of that.

Looks like I might need to go get a stitch right now. I was making a box to ship that park tank in, the knife slipped and I ruined a new shirt and sliced about a 2" gash in the hide on my belly. My hide will grow back, but SWMBO's gonna raise all manner of hell about that new shirt.

So how do us poor plebes without connections get away with telling them to pound sand.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
User avatar
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:55:20
Location: Location: Location:

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Post by MarcSpaz »

5th amendment. You don't have to tell anyone anything. When they ask those questions they are interviewing you as a representative of the government and you don't have to answer. If they refuse treatment because of it, they are breaking the law and their oath. The new laws may say they have to ask, but the Constitution says you don't have to answer.
User avatar
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 7163
Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:41
Location: extreme SW VA

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Post by dorminWS »

Like I said before, they get really worried if they think you will accuse them if refusing treatment in an emergency room. Don't know that I'd bet the farm on that 5th amendment/government agent theory, because they are just trying to comply with regulations and I don't think that makes them agents of the government. But if you give them a medical history sufficient to treat you and can pay for the services, I don't think they can or would refuse to treat because you didn't answer non-medical questions. But you might have to call their bluff.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
User avatar
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:55:20
Location: Location: Location:

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Post by MarcSpaz »

dorminWS wrote:...Don't know that I'd bet the farm on that 5th amendment/government agent theory, because they are just trying to comply with regulations and I don't think that makes them agents of the government....

I don't know about federal law with regard to that. I need to research it, which I'll do after posting this. I am basing it off of an opinion based on VA State law.

If I witness a felony and detain the perpetrator and place them under citizens arrest, I am fully cloaked by the law as an agent of the government/law enforcement. It would stand to reason that if the law makes them collect information that is not relevant to your care, which is then to be entered into a database of which that database and the information in it will be solely used by the government/law enforcement to control the people, then I think a VERY strong argument can be made that when those questions are asked... the person asking is indeed an agent of the government.
User avatar
Viper21
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 15:55:40
Location: Rockbridge County

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Post by Viper21 »

mamabearCali wrote:

So how do us poor plebes without connections get away with telling them to pound sand.
Just refuse to answer irrelevant questions. In my scenario last year, they got irritated but, it didn't stop treatment or anything.

Im kind of an A-hole though :) I rarely tell cashiers what my zip code is, & everytime a cashier says, Can I have your phone number..? I always respond with, "Im married" :hysterical: It's usually pretty funny.
User avatar
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:55:20
Location: Location: Location:

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Post by MarcSpaz »

Okay... based on some things I read in the the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Student Handbook (used to train federal LEO's) under federal law, a state or federal law enforcement agent can ask a civilian to make arrest, interview suspects and act on behalf of the agent or agency.

If the civilian accepts, then they are fully cloaked in the law as if they are law enforcement. Along with having to abide by the same laws the LEO's have and receive the same protections LEO's have, anything you say to that civilian "can be used against you."

What I cannot find is if the civilian is compelled by law or Executive Order to do so, if they are considered and agent of the law.

Honestly, I am not saying anything not related to my immediate healthcare needs regardless. It's none of their business. If that impacts my care... I have lawyers on standby and I know how to use them. LOL
User avatar
0ne5hot
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:00:17

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Post by 0ne5hot »

WRW wrote:@ OneShot: Are you saying that EMS will deny service if a SS# is not given?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Nope, we just haft to wait till the hospital gets it from you....then we get can get your info...but if you dont have anSS# the callsheet is never finished and is flagged in the database
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy’s will to be imposed on him."
~ Sun Tzu
User avatar
0ne5hot
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 14:00:17

Re: Gun control by executive order.

Post by 0ne5hot »

MarcSpaz wrote:Okay... based on some things I read in the the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center Student Handbook (used to train federal LEO's) under federal law, a state or federal law enforcement agent can ask a civilian to make arrest, interview suspects and act on behalf of the agent or agency.

If the civilian accepts, then they are fully cloaked in the law as if they are law enforcement. Along with having to abide by the same laws the LEO's have and receive the same protections LEO's have, anything you say to that civilian "can be used against you."

What I cannot find is if the civilian is compelled by law or Executive Order to do so, if they are considered and agent of the law.

Honestly, I am not saying anything not related to my immediate healthcare needs regardless. It's none of their business. If that impacts my care... I have lawyers on standby and I know how to use them. LOL
I think that mostly applies to mental health/medical personel delivering treatment in a non-custody situation.
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy’s will to be imposed on him."
~ Sun Tzu
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”