Empty Holster

Open Carry and Concealed Carry. Where did you carry today?
Post Reply
User avatar
tinner666
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:46:29
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Empty Holster

Post by tinner666 »

Wife, myself, SIL, kids and all went to the Teppanyaki Grill by Chesterfield Mall tonight.
Two couples came in and sat behind us and I noticed one of the guys had an empty holster when he came back with his plate. :bangin: So did all the others.
We were tempted to tell him he should fill it, but none of us did. :confused:
I dunno, maybe he didn't have a CCP and was leary of OC and covering. We'll never know now, but I couldn't keep myself from commenting here at least. :coffee:
Frank
Supporting Member- NRA-ILA,
Slate Roof Repairs, Richmond, Va.
User avatar
Jakeiscrazy
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter
Posts: 3519
Joined: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:06:02
Location: Chesterfield, VA

Re: Empty Holster

Post by Jakeiscrazy »

Chesterfield Towne Center has a anti gun policy, I was asked to put my gun in the car but I elected to leave. I guess these guy choose to put there guns up. I don't support businesses that infringe on my rights.
“Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.”
-Winston Churchill
User avatar
tinner666
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter
Posts: 232
Joined: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 17:46:29
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Re: Empty Holster

Post by tinner666 »

We weren't at Chesterfield Towne Center. We were near there.
Frank
Supporting Member- NRA-ILA,
Slate Roof Repairs, Richmond, Va.
User avatar
Jollyrogers66
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 20:10:54

Re: Empty Holster

Post by Jollyrogers66 »

Chesterfield Towne Center has an anti-gun policy??? Ooops... guess I won't be going there anymore. What of Short Pump?

http://vcdl.org/node/206

Well I found my answer. I have been there several times and did not see a sign. It does appear that the Spotsy Mall follows Virginia "Law of the Land" and I will go there if I wish to go to a Mall.
User avatar
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:55:20
Location: Location: Location:

Re: Empty Holster

Post by MarcSpaz »

There was a law that stated it was illegal to be in possession of a firearm on privately owned property (business, home, etc) if the property owner forbid the possession. it also said that for the law to be binding, there had to be signs posted at every entrance to the structure.

I can't find this in the code of VA anymore. Was this one of the laws that were repealed back in June/July?

EDIT... The VSP have it incorrectly noted on their website as being this law...

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_Res ... fultoCarry

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... 8.2-308.01

I am going to ask my lawyer about this one. It looks like it was amended to remove that statement in July of 2013.
User avatar
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 6010
Joined: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 17:55:20
Location: Location: Location:

Re: Empty Holster

Post by MarcSpaz »

What I found was this...

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504 ... l+CHAP0746

CHAPTER 746 An Act to amend .... 18.2-308.... of the Code of Virginia and to amend the Code of Virginia by adding in Chapter 7 of Title 18.2 an article numbered 6.1, consisting of sections numbered 18.2-307.1, and 18.2-308.01 through 18.2-308.015, relating to reorganizing and recodifying the law related to carrying concealed weapons and concealed handgun permits. [H 1833] Approved April 3, 2013

Looks like it is no longer illegal, but obviously the property owner can ask you to leave. Nice... I am going to talk to someone at the DA's office and my lawyer. I'll take the risk of being asked to leave over being unarmed any day.
Post Reply

Return to “Carrying Your Firearm”