Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
- ShotgunBlast
- Sharp Shooter

- Posts: 3222
- Joined: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:46:31
- Location: Richmond
Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
You would think that after the first week of the Obamacare exchanges being open (well, "open" since the website is god-awful), Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius would have been on the Sunday news shows talking about this ground-breaking event that has captured headlines all week. Nope, her first stop is with comedian Jon Stewart Monday night, probably expecting some softball questions. Stewart did press quite a bit on why we couldn't have the individual mandate delay just like the delay businesses got. He did raise concerns about the 30 hour work week which she deflected as anecdotal. It was 10 minutes of talking points, deflections, and redirects.
I was stunned (but not surprised) when Stewart asked the obvious question on everyone's mind "How many people signed up?" Her reply: "I can't tell you because we don't know." WOW
Like Stewart or not, this might be worth a watch. You might be angry after you did however.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stewart-gril ... should-be/
I was stunned (but not surprised) when Stewart asked the obvious question on everyone's mind "How many people signed up?" Her reply: "I can't tell you because we don't know." WOW
Like Stewart or not, this might be worth a watch. You might be angry after you did however.
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/stewart-gril ... should-be/
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
Not in hiding, she's been overseeing electronic medical record implementation. It's getting nowhere near the press the ACA debut is, but it's just as important and far-reaching.
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
Here is the support numbers for Obama(doesnot)care:
http://www.newsmax.com/Surveys/Results/id/93
Last night I remembered what Brzezinski said: It is now a lot easier to kill a million people than to manipulate one million people.
http://www.newsmax.com/Surveys/Results/id/93
Last night I remembered what Brzezinski said: It is now a lot easier to kill a million people than to manipulate one million people.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
And some numbers from Kalifornia:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-0 ... -obamacare
*COVERED CALIFORNIA SAYS WEBSITE GOT 987,440 UNIQUE VISITORS
*CALIFORNIA EXCHANGE COMPLETES APPLICATIONS ON 16,311 HOUSEHOLDS
Assuming each household is a 'unique' then that is a 1.65% sign-up rate. Doesn't seem like the huge success so many have proclaimed.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-0 ... -obamacare
*COVERED CALIFORNIA SAYS WEBSITE GOT 987,440 UNIQUE VISITORS
*CALIFORNIA EXCHANGE COMPLETES APPLICATIONS ON 16,311 HOUSEHOLDS
Assuming each household is a 'unique' then that is a 1.65% sign-up rate. Doesn't seem like the huge success so many have proclaimed.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung
- dorminWS
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 7163
- Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:41
- Location: extreme SW VA
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kreutz wrote:Not in hiding, she's been overseeing electronic medical record implementation. It's getting nowhere near the press the ACA debut is, but it's just as important and far-reaching.
I read somewhere that some hot-shot practitioner of on-line operations had looked at the Obamacare enrollment software and said that one of its primary flaws is that it does not allow browsing for information unless you first register. I think that's very telling. They want to force you to identify yourself and be captured in their system before you can even find out what kind of pig is in the poke. As if you needed another reason not to trust the bastards.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
- ShotgunBlast
- Sharp Shooter

- Posts: 3222
- Joined: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 20:46:31
- Location: Richmond
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
100% TRUE! Here's my experience in dealing with the website:dorminWS wrote:I read somewhere that some hot-shot practitioner of on-line operations had looked at the Obamacare enrollment software and said that one of its primary flaws is that it does not allow browsing for information unless you first register. I think that's very telling. They want to force you to identify yourself and be captured in their system before you can even find out what kind of pig is in the poke. As if you needed another reason not to trust the bastards.
I am officially done with trying to price shop at healthcare.gov After 8 full days of glitches and errors, I was finally able to create an account, verify my email address, and login. I then had to verify my identity (name, address, DOB, SSN (optional)) which produced errors because I fudged the data but it let me go to the next screen shown here.

This application took me about 15 minutes just filling out for just me (will take you longer if you add a spouse and some kids too) and I put in quasi-correct information about my household makeup, income, citizen status (no you do not have to be an American citizen to shop on the exchange), etc. It was all moot though because at the very end I couldn't continue and actually see any prices because they couldn't verify my identity and they have to verify your identity before you submit your application. Submit your application? I JUST WANT SOME PRICE ESTIMATES!!
Here was my experience at ehealthinsurance.com (not government run):
1. Go to ehealthinsurance.com
2. Put in my zip code, gender, and DOB
3. Look at prices
You can sort by deductible, price, etc, compare prices, and THEN if I wanted to purchase a policy I can create an account, fill out an application, etc. They don't put the cart before the freakin horse like the government does. From a technical perspective, I honestly feel like this is more about data mining and less about providing affordable health care (they give you multiple opportunities to put in your SSN). My recommendation is to NOT bother with the website unless you are SERIOUSLY thinking about going through the exchanges for your health insurance needs.
- SHMIV
- Sharp Shooter

- Posts: 5741
- Joined: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 21:15:31
- Location: Where ever I go, there I am.
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
At this point, I have read enough to decide that the Soetoro-care website is a poorly disguised virus for anyones computer, and that it should be avoided like the foul plague that it is.
I shall never experience the horrors of that website.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
I shall never experience the horrors of that website.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon
- dorminWS
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 7163
- Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:41
- Location: extreme SW VA
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
Here it is:
Obamacare Marketplace: Personal Data Can Be Used For ‘Law Enforcement and Audit Activities’
So if you don't sign up, they'll be able to tell you that you logged in 3 months ago, so you should have - - or something similar.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/oba ... 62237.html
Obamacare Marketplace: Personal Data Can Be Used For ‘Law Enforcement and Audit Activities’
So if you don't sign up, they'll be able to tell you that you logged in 3 months ago, so you should have - - or something similar.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/oba ... 62237.html
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
The "official" explanation is they need your identifying info to see how much FREE (actually a tax credit offset in the fine print) premium subsidy you qualify for.dorminWS wrote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kreutz wrote:Not in hiding, she's been overseeing electronic medical record implementation. It's getting nowhere near the press the ACA debut is, but it's just as important and far-reaching.
I read somewhere that some hot-shot practitioner of on-line operations had looked at the Obamacare enrollment software and said that one of its primary flaws is that it does not allow browsing for information unless you first register. I think that's very telling. They want to force you to identify yourself and be captured in their system before you can even find out what kind of pig is in the poke. As if you needed another reason not to trust the bastards.
In reality I wouldn't be surprised if the linkage with the IRS results in more than a few people getting flagged for audits, as well as the dimmer criminal segment with active warrants trying to get their free Obamacare getting a visit from the FBI.
edit: If you want a rough sticker price (doesn't include any credits/subsidies) check out:
https://data.healthcare.gov/dataset/QHP ... /ba45-xusy
It's a huge frickin table, so, have fun with that. Lots of scrolling dooooown and riiiiight.
You can use that combined with the Kaiser Foundation subsidy calculator to get a better (and anonymous) idea of what you're looking at.
http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/
- dorminWS
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 7163
- Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:41
- Location: extreme SW VA
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
I don't need a calculator to know I ain't gettin' no subsidy. On the plus side, I don't need to buy any damn gub'mint-mandated insurance - - THIS year. I'm covered under a "grandfathered" plan.. God only knows about next year, though....................
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
- dorminWS
- VGOF Platinum Supporter

- Posts: 7163
- Joined: Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:00:41
- Location: extreme SW VA
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dorminWS wrote:I don't need a calculator to know I ain't gettin' no subsidy. On the plus side, I don't need to buy any damn gub'mint-mandated insurance - - THIS year. I'm covered under a "grandfathered" plan.. God only knows about next year, though....................
I'm not sure when I start paying for coverage for birth control on my existing policy. That'll sure be a relief. Don't know how a 60+-year-old couple can do without that no matter what it costs, right? Even though the wife had a tubal ligation 35 years ago. Damn government will buy insurance like they buy toilet seats, I guess.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.
Re: Kathleen Sebelius Comes Out of Hiding to Talk ACA Debut
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

