Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post your (General Firearms Related) question and it's likely that someone can give you the answer
Post Reply
User avatar
crossfireltd
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 16:54:13

Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by crossfireltd »

I am in the process of purchasing a Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle for my .223/5.56 DPMS AR15. My question is what is the difference if any between the mod3 (long), mod4 (med) and mod5 (short)? I could not discern what the differences are from the Bravo Company and Vltor websites. Any help/insight would be greatly appreciated.
8-)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
User avatar
scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 00:51:32

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by scrubber3 »

Length of the release latch is all. They're designed for one handed operation. Mod 3 is the largest and it gets smaller as the number increases.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
User avatar
crossfireltd
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 133
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 16:54:13

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by crossfireltd »

scrubber3 wrote:Length of the release latch is all. They're designed for one handed operation. Mod 3 is the largest and it gets smaller as the number increases.
Thanks for the quick response, so basically any one of them will be a drop in fit for my rifle.....
8-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
User avatar
gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 7189
Joined: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:28:34

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by gunderwood »

crossfireltd wrote:
scrubber3 wrote:Length of the release latch is all. They're designed for one handed operation. Mod 3 is the largest and it gets smaller as the number increases.
Thanks for the quick response, so basically any one of them will be a drop in fit for my rifle.....
8-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Yes. My preference is for the large (mod 3) version, but whatever works for you.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
User avatar
Jbecker
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 21:28:40

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by Jbecker »

The large latch works well under a large optic like an Elcan or some of the large magnification scopes. However on a standard carbine, it is overkill for my needs. I run the medium latch (mod 4) on all of my rifles, it is slightly larger than a normal handle. The mod 5 is basically the same size as a standard handle.
User avatar
scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 00:51:32

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by scrubber3 »

Don't know if you've seen it, but this>

Image
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
User avatar
gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
Posts: 7189
Joined: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 00:28:34

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by gunderwood »

Jbecker wrote:The large latch works well under a large optic like an Elcan or some of the large magnification scopes. However on a standard carbine, it is overkill for my needs. I run the medium latch (mod 4) on all of my rifles, it is slightly larger than a normal handle. The mod 5 is basically the same size as a standard handle.
Personal preference, but I put the larges on carbines with T1's. Absolutely can not miss it during high stress tactical engagements. Just my two cents.
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.
User avatar
scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 00:51:32

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by scrubber3 »

gunderwood wrote:
Jbecker wrote:The large latch works well under a large optic like an Elcan or some of the large magnification scopes. However on a standard carbine, it is overkill for my needs. I run the medium latch (mod 4) on all of my rifles, it is slightly larger than a normal handle. The mod 5 is basically the same size as a standard handle.
Personal preference, but I put the larges on carbines with T1's. Absolutely can not miss it during high stress tactical engagements. Just my two cents.
That's exactly what I run on my DDM4. Micro T-1 with the mod 3. I have a mod 4 on my CQB gun to make it real narrow as I don't know what I'll be wearing and I don't want to snag it on anything.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
User avatar
RWBlue01
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 12:10:50

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by RWBlue01 »

I think I am running a mod1 or mod2. I dislike the original charge handle.
User avatar
scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 669
Joined: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 00:51:32

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by scrubber3 »

RWBlue01 wrote:I think I am running a mod1 or mod2. I dislike the original charge handle.
I'm not aware of any mod 1 or 2 charging handles that BCM makes...

The original charging handles work, but the bcm gun fighters work so much better.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.
User avatar
RWBlue01
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 12:10:50

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by RWBlue01 »

scrubber3 wrote:
RWBlue01 wrote:I think I am running a mod1 or mod2. I dislike the original charge handle.
I'm not aware of any mod 1 or 2 charging handles that BCM makes...

The original charging handles work, but the bcm gun fighters work so much better.
Well, they currently have mod 3,4, 5 on the market. I got mine a long while back and it doesn't say mod 3, 4, or 5 on it. It looks a lot like a 3, but I don't have a 3 to compare it to.



I also have a PRI charge handle. It is ok, but I prefer the BCM.
User avatar
Jbecker
Marksman
Marksman
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 21:28:40

Re: Vltor BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle question.

Post by Jbecker »

I think they did have something before the VLTOR Gunfighter design came about, but I heard they were problematic and then redesigned to solve the issue of the handle failing at the roll pin. I have broken a standard charging handle at the roll pin as well. Didn't notice at first until the charging handle started bumping into my nose when the rifle cycled.
Post Reply

Return to “Question and Answer”