Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

A place for people to interact directly with the staff at Proactive Shooters. Find out about upcoming specials, events and news from the Metro Richmond and Central Virginia area.

Moderator: ProShooter

Post Reply
User avatar
ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 2176
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:46:51
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by ProShooter »

Sunday, July 22, 2012 from 9am to 5pm

Defensive Handgun I is a structured shooting class designed to teach you the beginning shooting techniques needed to properly deploy your defensive handgun, while at the same time reinforcing safe gun handling skills. This is not a course for the novice gun owner, but rather for someone who carries a handgun on a regular basis and wants to learn & reinforce new skills beyond the basic fundamentals.

Image

Students will shoot from standing, kneeling, and prone positions, at various distances at our outdoor range facility. The course generally runs about 6-8 hours, depending on class size (Limit 10 students per class).

Image


Topics include:

Holster draw & Presentation
Semi-auto malfunctions
One/Two hand shooting techniques
Linear/Lateral Movement
Target Recognition
Verbal Commands
Magazine changes/reloads while shooting
Shooting from Retention
Shooting from Standing, Kneeling & Prone Positions
Reinforcement of Basic Handgun Skills & Safety

Cost of the class is $150.00. You may register online at http://www.ProactiveShooters.com
Image

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO


"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"
User avatar
m4a1mustang
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:07:37
Location: Fairfax

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by m4a1mustang »

I'm not signing up for this one, but probably for the one in August/Sept. Do we still need to bring a light jacket. I'm sure it's hot down there in August. ;)
- Steve
User avatar
ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 2176
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:46:51
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by ProShooter »

m4a1mustang wrote:I'm not signing up for this one, but probably for the one in August/Sept. Do we still need to bring a light jacket. I'm sure it's hot down there in August. ;)
The jacket is required for the "drawing from concealment" drill....so yes, its still required! :)
Image

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO


"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"
User avatar
m4a1mustang
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:07:37
Location: Fairfax

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by m4a1mustang »

10-4, that's what I figured. Just be warned I turn into a diva when I get hot. Hopefully you've got some Snickers on hand.

OK, lame, I know. :clap:
- Steve
User avatar
ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 2176
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:46:51
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by ProShooter »

m4a1mustang wrote:10-4, that's what I figured. Just be warned I turn into a diva when I get hot. Hopefully you've got some Snickers on hand.

OK, lame, I know. :clap:
There's a 7-11 nearby, we can make a candy run! :)
Image

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO


"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"
User avatar
m4a1mustang
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 09:07:37
Location: Fairfax

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by m4a1mustang »

:first:

Good deal. Talked my SO into taking the class with me so we'll register for either August or September shortly. :thumbsup:
- Steve
User avatar
ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 2176
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:46:51
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by ProShooter »

m4a1mustang wrote::first:

Good deal. Talked my SO into taking the class with me so we'll register for either August or September shortly. :thumbsup:
Very good....we'll see you then!
Image

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO


"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"
Mindflayer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 1966
Joined: Tue, 18 May 2010 20:54:35

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by Mindflayer »

What experience requirement? I'd like to take this with my fiancée.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
User avatar
ProShooter
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
Posts: 2176
Joined: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 15:46:51
Location: Richmond, Va.
Contact:

Re: Defensive Handgun I class - Doswell, Va. Sunday, July 22

Post by ProShooter »

Mindflayer wrote:What experience requirement? I'd like to take this with my fiancée.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

You should be fairly well familiar with your semi-auto handgun. You should have a good, basic understanding of the fundamentals of shooting and firearms safety.....

This is not a basic "teach you how to stand, hold your gun, align your sights, etc" class. We do make some evaluations and minor tweaks in student's fundamentals if we see something that could be done better/safer.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Jim
Image

http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

NRA Certified Instructor
Utah State Certified Instructor
NRA Membership Recruiter
NRA RTBAV Instructor
NRA Chief RSO


"Make your gun go to work, and carry every day!"
Post Reply

Return to “Proactive Shooters - Firearms Safety Training”