What Is The Law Regarding State Police That Protect The Gove

VGOF Calendar Import Calendar Entry (.ics) for this topic The Code of Virginia is not preemptible by local statute

What Is The Law Regarding State Police That Protect The Gove

Postby domin8ss » Sat, 11 Jan 2020 04:17:08

Didn't they take an oath to enforce state and federal laws? With Northam violating Constitutionally protected civil rights, why aren't these officers arresting Northam and turning him over to federal authorities under federal statute 42 USC ยง1983 -- Deprivation of Civil Rights?

Yes, this is all speculation. I'd like to read everybody's thoughts.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

domin8ss
Marksman
Marksman

Re: What Is The Law Regarding State Police That Protect The Gove

Postby AlanM » Sat, 11 Jan 2020 14:55:14

https://www.vsp.virginia.gov/Trooper_Pledge_text.shtm

I shall obey the laws of the United States of America
and of the Commonwealth of Virginia,
and shall support and defend their constitutions
against all enemies whomsoever, foreign and domestic.
I shall always be loyal to and uphold
the honor of my organization, my State and my Country."

And for comparison here is the oath taken by National Guardsmen.

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/oath-of-enlistment-3354049

The National Guard Oath of service is slightly different than the US military oath since Guard members also have to adhere to the Constitution of the state where they'll perform their duties.

I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States and the State of (STATE NAME) against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the Governor of (STATE NAME) and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to law and regulations. So help me God.

NOTICE that unlike the politicians oath of office these oaths include "support AND DEFEND" as opposed to just "support".
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Return to Virginia Laws and Regulations