General assembly anti gun bill pre-filed

The Code of Virginia is not preemptible by local statute

General assembly anti gun bill pre-filed

Postby allingeneral » Tue, 19 Nov 2019 08:41:08

The following post is from Ed Levine on the VCDL facebook page. If you're on facebook, please follow VCDL to stay up on news related to the your 2A rights.

As some may know, the last Session of the 2019 general assembly began today. On this day, many bills are prefiled to be offered on the first day of the new general assembly which begins on 1/8/20

Here is senate bill no.16 that is the ban on assault weapons, high capacity magazines, etc. as expected, there is no grandfather clause

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp60 ... l+SB16+pdf

You will also notice amongst the rest of the bills prefiled today that one of the things they are looking to ban is the carrying of weapons in Capitol square...so this would be the last lobby day where you can carry

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp60 ... 01+lst+ALL

It is every bit as bad as we had feared

Even a shotgun is a prohibited assault weapon if it has a pistol grip or has a tube that hold more than 7 rounds

I didn’t see any enumerated time period, so if it passes as is you have until July 1 to sell, move out of state, turn in, destroy, or otherwise render inoperable any prohibited items.

My guess is- they're going to make one hell of an example out of the first groups of people they catch, then after that I predict subsequent people found in violation will be offered a plea deal for probation and a fine, at the cost of pleading guilty to a felony.

They win twice with that- no longer able to own guns and no longer able to vote.

If you notice, they're allocating funds for increased incarceration due to these new laws as well, which kinda says they are NOT f*** around, and they WANT to send good people to prison.

Something those of with NFA items may want to consider - My guess is they'll use the copies of Form 4s for suppressors and SBRs sent to VSP for the CLEO notification requirement, and they'll have probable cause for a search warrant and go make visits to check for "compliance". They don't even need to get them from ATF, tho I'm sure ATF would happily give them to VSP.

As suppressor =/= threaded barrel, which according to this absolutely draconian law, is an instant Felony if it's on a handgun with a detachable mag.

2020 is going to make history. Good or bad.

Hopefully SCOTUS hears Healey v Worham and rules in favor of the Constitution.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Please consider a DONATION to VGOF to help cover our operating costs

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Name: Rick

My Arsenal:
Ruger 10/22
S&W 4043 .40
Daly 1911 .45
Mossberg 500 12Ga
Rem 870 Super Mag
Ranger Youth 20Ga
Browning Buck Mark .22

Next Firearm:
Lever Action .357Mag

Re: General assembly anti gun bill pre-filed

Postby kelu » Tue, 19 Nov 2019 09:13:57

You know what? I want this to pass. It looks it is the only way to wake up the idiots that believe that noting happens here.
On a plus side, the pushback would make communists to lose ever vote for the next 20 years.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby kelu » Tue, 19 Nov 2019 10:40:32

China wants US disarmed? Gee, what a surprise...
https://www.trevorloudon.com/2019/11/vi ... im-credit/

Wonder what will happen in couple years?
Protesters in #HongKong are disappearing. New footage shows them being loaded onto a train. If they're not being detained locally, where are they shipping them to?

https://twitter.com/JoshJPhilipp/status ... 09314?s=20
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby SHMIV » Tue, 19 Nov 2019 20:24:02

Well... anyone had any luck in the 2A Sanctuary City petitions?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby MarcSpaz » Tue, 19 Nov 2019 22:56:05

2A sanctuary cities won't help when the Governor instructs the AG to have warrants drawn, and then have the VSP visit my house because I have records of NFA items. I'm sure the AG knows how to pressure the Chiefs and Sheriffs to get the info they want/need.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Return to Virginia Laws and Regulations