Canadian Pharmacy Hack

Local announcements, contests, news and forum information
allingeneral
Site Admin
Site Admin

Canadian Pharmacy Hack

Post by allingeneral »

VGOF members - as many of you are already aware, the forum has been hacked, and pages were replaced with a redirect to a Canadian pharmacy website. I'm trying to figure out how to recover now, as many, many of my files were over-written (i.e., data was lost). I'm sure I have backups around here somewhere, so maybe I can get some of it back. I have 10+ websites on this server, and all have been compromised, presumably by remote shell access to my server.

I believe that user account passwords in the forum software are safe, as they are encrypted in transit and encrypted in the database. However, as a precaution, I'd ask that everyone review your password usage on this site and change passwords elsewhere accordingly.

I apologize sincerely for the inconvenience. No webmaster ever wants this to happen to their server, especially when providing a service to a user community.
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

Re: Canadian Pharmacy Hack

Post by MNMGoneShooting »

VGOF members - as many of you are already aware, the forum has been hacked, and pages were replaced with a redirect to a Canadian pharmacy website. I'm trying to figure out how to recover now, as many, many of my files were over-written (i.e., data was lost). I'm sure I have backups around here somewhere, so maybe I can get some of it back. I have 10+ websites on this server, and all have been compromised, presumably by remote shell access to my server.
Dude! That beyond sucks! Traceroute the location so we can TP their house.
Glad to see the forum back online!
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Return to “Announcements”