VGOF resistance....

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Re: VGOF resistance....

Postby Reca » Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:57:28

So when do we talk about all this fun stuff FTF??
I invite everyone to come to the range with me. It's as simple as letting me know what day you want to meet up.

Reca
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Reca

My Arsenal:
Taurus Judge
Glock 19
Ruger MKIII

Next Firearm:
Open to suggestion

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:51:46

Reca wrote:So when do we talk about all this fun stuff FTF??

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think the dark, shadowy figures who control this group from behind the scenes using the rest of us as unwitting dupes are afraid to have a FTF meeting. Their hoods might slip off and reveal their pasty faces. And they are probably afraid somebody will shoot Kreutz, too. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 17:24:00

dorminWS wrote:I think the dark, shadowy figures who control this group from behind the scenes using the rest of us as unwitting dupes are afraid to have a FTF meeting. Their hoods might slip off and reveal their pasty faces. And they are probably afraid somebody will shoot Kreutz, too.

Shhhh... they'll hear you :whistle:

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby Kreutz » Mon, 02 Jul 2012 19:25:09

dorminWS wrote:I think the dark, shadowy figures who control this group from behind the scenes using the rest of us as unwitting dupes are afraid to have a FTF meeting. Their hoods might slip off and reveal their pasty faces. And they are probably afraid somebody will shoot Kreutz, too. :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

My code name is "Walking homicide entrapment unit #4".

Of course, that begs the question, who are (were?) the first three?

:confused:

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Kreutz
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Lolwhut

My Arsenal:
12ga.
9mm
7.62x38R
8x56r

Next Firearm:
can't sell another kidney (never said I was gonna sell mine)

Postby PatrickW » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 18:51:11

I am new here but have found this discussion very interesting. i ran across something that may interest you guys a while back and i will post the link to it. The 2012 Survival List sounds like something your base camp needs..

http://www.howtosurvive2012.com/htm_nig ... val_04.htm

hope link is right if not its really /htm_night/survival_04.htm

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force  
PatrickW
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Patrick

My Arsenal:
sorry restricted information

Postby maxvelocity » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:31:58

Great thread, really interesting and thought provoking.

What you need is to be able to train teams to conduct tactical operations in defense of your survival group and location. For those veterans who think they know it all, its not just about you and what you know, but getting on message with a team and rehearsing and practising.

I thought about it a lot when I started getting into the prepper thing, so I decided to write it down. If you want the means to train for resistance and American Insurgency against a future enemy, domestic or foreign, click on the link in my signature.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
maxvelocity
Sighting In
Sighting In

VGOF resistance....

Postby scrubber3 » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:56:05

maxvelocity wrote:Great thread, really interesting and thought provoking.

What you need is to be able to train teams to conduct tactical operations in defense of your survival group and location. For those veterans who think they know it all, its not just about you and what you know, but getting on message with a team and rehearsing and practising.

I thought about it a lot when I started getting into the prepper thing, so I decided to write it down. If you want the means to train for resistance and American Insurgency against a future enemy, domestic or foreign, click on the link in my signature.

Your reference about veterans knowing everything and they think it's only about them and what they know pressed the wrong way with me sir. I'll not go any further into how displeased I am with your statement about those who have served and defended the very country you enjoy your freedom in.

Anyone who has served or know anything of the military will know that TEAM is first and foremost. Training as a team is the biggest mission the military has sir. Please know your facts before addressing statements such as this in the future. Makes me think that little star at the bottom of your signature wasn't earned....... I'd love to see undeniable proof of service BTW. All your doing is trolling for bites on that book anyhow. One I won't be buying.
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.

scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: JW

My Arsenal:
SCAR-H, Glock 30, Glock 19, Glock 26, Mosin Nagant, LRB AR decked out.
Colts & Kimbers are what you show your friends.
Glocks are what you show your enemies.

Next Firearm:
MG 42

Postby maxvelocity » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:12:07

scrubber3 wrote:
maxvelocity wrote:Great thread, really interesting and thought provoking.

Your reference about veterans knowing everything and they think it's only about them and what they know pressed the wrong way with me sir. I'll not go any further into how displeased I am with your statement about those who have served and defended the very country you enjoy your freedom in.

Anyone who has served or know anything of the military will know that TEAM is first and foremost. Training as a team is the biggest mission the military has sir. Please know your facts before addressing statements such as this in the future.

Scrubber3: Thank you for responding to my post. I think you may have not taken it as it was intended, it is an easy thing to do with email/written stuff. My intent on posting on the forums is to provide information among like-minded people. I am in fact a veteran and also a currently serving member of the USAR, so I understand what the military is about, and veterans. That is partly why I wrote what I wrote, from observing comments that not all, but "some" people make, and the assumption that because they were perhaps on a deployment or in the military in some capacity that this may in fact be "good enough" WTSHTF. I contend that it is not. I contend that a lot of people are military and veterans on this forum but depending on MOS they may well benefit from additional information. Also, the forum is about getting together and forming groups to fight against a threat. I wrote my manual based on a whole bunch of military training and deployment experience in SOF, just for that kind of situation. If people are serious about making a VGOF resistance grouo, then they need to take information such as that which I have provided and get together and get on message, together as a team. So, the comment really was not about saying veterans and the military don't know about teams, but that they need to get on one and start training - and if they have been out for a while they may get a little shock when they do.....
Let me know if that helps....? I am pretty new here and I am not about upsetting people right off the bat!

maxvelocity
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby scrubber3 » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:48:25

Understood. Though you may want to speak with admin before trying to push your book. Have you ever been "active"? I was active combat arms with a small elite team known as C.O.L.T. I was a Forward Observer and their were 3 to a team. Our job required extensive knowledge on survival and combat, Land navigation, as well as calling fire missions. Not to mention on how to keep ourselves from going crazy after sitting under cover for days at a time. Training and learning as a team was tops.

This is why I questioned your service. Don't mind me asking, what is your MOS?
I had a SCAR 17 and 16. I also had a bunch of Glocks and a couple H&K pistols. Oh and a DDM4, but I sold everything when our government told me these dangerous tools can actually hurt someone. Apparently they grow legs and go on killing sprees.

scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:
MG 42

Postby maxvelocity » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:26:36

Scrubber3: Glad to be back on track. You have exactly the type of experience that I talk about in my book. Yes, I do hope to promote my book, but I also enjoy taking part in the discussions. The book is not some pile of made up poop, its real info designed for a post-collapse situation. It works for both non-military and veteran types. You would probably enjoy it. I also talk at one point about the old-school LRRP patrols that were trained to sit tight underground for 14 days while the Soviet Shock Armies rolled over them, before emerging to fight behind the lines.
I am pretty public about my military experience. I was 11 years in the British Army, serving in British SOF with 6 operational deployments, including to Afghanistan immediately post 9/11. I then served for 5 years in Iraq and Afghanistan as a security contractor. Iraq was 3 years including US government contracts and a year in Fallujah working for the US Military. I then worked for two years as security to the UK Government, mainly in Helmand Province.
I then settled in the US and joined the USAR, where I initally joined as a combat medic (68W) and have since joined civil affairs (38B). I do the Reserves just because I missed it when I got out, and because I have a lot of experience to pass on and help people with. My unit has me training them in small unit tactics, and I originally wrote all that down as an instruction, which then became the kernel for the book idea, aimed at preppers. I am currently writing another version aimed more at SWAT, paramilitary, high risk security types, SOF, which talks more about Iraq and Afghanistan and less about prepping. I am a US Citizen.

maxvelocity
Sighting In
Sighting In

VGOF resistance....

Postby scrubber3 » Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:51:36

This is much better. Your first post on this thread shaped you out to be a troll. Now you seem like quite a good fella. Someone I might can get along with in a trench filled with mud.

Special Air Service I take it? I'd like to meet up with you at some point so I can learn a bit from you. I'm not buying your book unless its less than $14.95+tax though. Just saying......

Are you located near central Virginia?

scrubber3
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:
MG 42

Postby kelu » Thu, 12 Jul 2012 08:45:14

for you veteran guys Max book may be useful. For civilian, a good read is http://shtfschool.com/.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby maxvelocity » Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:46:03

Scrubber3: I am in Northern VA. I just joined the range at Quantico, because they have facilities to shoot rifles outside and decent ranges, but have not had time to even go there and pick up my membership cards.
I have removed my book image for now, so you regulars don't think I am just about being a troll monster.
As for your limit of $14.95 plus tax, The Kindle book version is only $9.99, (the paperback is $19.95) so that puts it within your budget! I would appreciate some reviews, the book is literally just out. The diagrams are better in the paperback though....

Kelu: thanks for saying the book may be helpful, appreciated. I like to think it is useful for both vets and tactical newbies, I took care to write it like that for that very reason. I have seen stuff written about how it is not necessarily a good idea to learn survival stuff from military types, and I wanted to make sure that it was written for the right audience. I took TTPs and adapted them for families and groups of survivor friends, thinking about how I might do stuff with my kids and family. I then take it up a notch and explain how to train and operate as independent tactical teams, should the stuation merit that, where you would leave the families in a safe location and get out to fight whatever goblins need fighting, whether you are in an insurgency or just protecting a defended location such as a compound, farm or small town.

maxvelocity
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby kelu » Thu, 12 Jul 2012 09:52:03

I wonder... Max, how many vans are stationed in your neighborhood? :whistle:
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby maxvelocity » Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:23:09

Haha about the vans, I will take another look round...
But seriously, its all legit stuff for law abiding folks. I sometimes find myself sniffing around the paranoia rabbit hole that says preppers are not liked by government, which makes sense to me but is always a possibility. Just preparing to survive....

I like to read Survivalblog by Rawles and he has a lot of prepping books out, which I have read, but his site just suffered two recent DOS attacks which makes you wonder.

I have also been looking at Oathkeepers but that also gives me pause. Are there negative repercussions for joining for currently serving typpes. On the face of it, its not a problem, just affiming your oath as a Patriot. It is designed as a counter to over-reaching goverment, which was the whole idea of the Constitution. But the paranoia makes us worry about "vans" and being put on a list for joining something like Oathkeepers. Makes you wonder about whether we are really in a free society based on the Constituion or whether we are increasingly a police state...

I am currently writing another version of the book less for preppers but more for the military, law enforcement, high threat contractors, paramilitraies etc. All these TTPs could be used for an insurgency, but when I say that I mean a resistance movement against invading bad guys, foreign or domestic, post-SHTF. Not the government.

maxvelocity
Sighting In
Sighting In

Postby DCJon » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 00:02:44

Max,

I read Patriot Dawn, live in NOVA and am also a Quantico shooting club member. We should get a coffee.

DCJon
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Pistols, shotguns and some rifles.

Postby BertMacklin » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 16:07:00

SilentServiceVet wrote:All we need now is a centralized "bug out" spot for everyone from this forum to meet with the weapons, ammo, food, energy sources, supplies, etc. And of course a "secret handshake" to flush out the Democrats who suddenly realized how wrong they were -- about everything.

It doesn't make sense for a single spot as we are spread amongst the state, break people up by region and we'll be a lot more efficient.
Multiple Cells per region with separate chains of command, comms, and logistics. Funnel region to region comms to limit outside exposure, listening in.

BertMacklin
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

My Arsenal:
Glock 22 Gen. 3
Rem. 597
T/C Venture 30-06
H&R Topper 20

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 20:17:41

BertMacklin wrote:
SilentServiceVet wrote:All we need now is a centralized "bug out" spot for everyone from this forum to meet with the weapons, ammo, food, energy sources, supplies, etc. And of course a "secret handshake" to flush out the Democrats who suddenly realized how wrong they were -- about everything.

It doesn't make sense for a single spot as we are spread amongst the state, break people up by region and we'll be a lot more efficient.
Multiple Cells per region with separate chains of command, comms, and logistics. Funnel region to region comms to limit outside exposure, listening in.

My dad was telling me that his housing block in Scottsmoor (FL) is doing just that. They already, as a community, have SHTF scenarios, roles and responsibilities assigned. Stores and equipment already (including heavy equipment for blockading their block) on hand. As a community! Nothing like that going on in my area here that I know of.
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby DCJon » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 09:15:04

zephyp wrote:I would recommend any serious discussion on this topic be held off line and out of the public space...just sayin hypothetically that is...

100% agreement.

DCJon
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Jon

My Arsenal:
Pistols, shotguns and some rifles.

Postby vaeevictiss » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 11:46:21

Well this was a hell of a necro

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
vaeevictiss
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Sean

PreviousNext

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)