Tin Foil ALERT

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Tin Foil ALERT

Postby GS78 » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:38:10

Plane is diverted to Philly from Laguardia I think, all the passengers are taken off at a deserted part of the LZ except for one, who is taken into custody??
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'

"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell

GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Re: Tin Foil ALERT

Postby GS78 » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 10:53:51

a PRAYER forces plane down......oh it was .... a .... jew? one of those dangerous jews praying that got the attention of a stewardess, oh sorry flight attendant. According to one of the flight officers, she asked the jew what he was doing, and he responded he was praying. The flight officer also reitterated that the man was peaceful, and cooperative, but the stewardess was concerned .... so they landed. That was a close one.

"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell

GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby zephyp » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:52:26

They were concerned when they saw him attaching his prayer device (dont know what its called) to his body. Next, they'll divert planes when people pray over what they call food on an airliner these days.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby GS78 » Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:43:13

zephyp wrote:They were concerned when they saw him attaching his prayer device (dont know what its called) to his body. Next, they'll divert planes when people pray over what they call food on an airliner these days.
oh, ok . If it was that shawl thing, (tsi-tsi, I believe) then I can see why that might freak someone out on a plane. :whistle:

GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby GS78 » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 07:49:41

"tefillin" small black boxes that contain prayers ....that he was attaching to his arms and forehead.......ok, now I am surprised he didn't get beaten unconscious...really? on a plane? that was smart..... :whistle:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheat-shee ... trow_12983

GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby VBshooter » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:43:18

\From the AP.."Another rabbi, however, said tefillin have been used for thousands of years and he found it hard to believe no one recognized it. Benjamin Blech, an assistant professor of Talmud at Yeshiva University in New York, said he found the incident "both humorous and outlandish" and called it a "wake-up call" for religious sensitivity." Personally I"ll take security over religious sensitivity anytime.
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Postby GS78 » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:27:22

VBshooter wrote:\From the AP.."Another rabbi, however, said tefillin have been used for thousands of years and he found it hard to believe no one recognized it. Benjamin Blech, an assistant professor of Talmud at Yeshiva University in New York, said he found the incident "both humorous and outlandish" and called it a "wake-up call" for religious sensitivity." Personally I"ll take security over religious sensitivity anytime.
Yeah, but the flight attendant/stewardess hasn't been around for thousands of years and I have to admit if I was her and some young "middle eastern looking" man was attaching small black boxes to himself while praying,presumably in yiddish, or hebrew dialect while on a plane at any elevation..... I'd be freaked out too..(the original news story that I referenced , which I saw, sounded much more like she was anti-prayer period, it did not include these details.

GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby VBshooter » Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:42:25

Funny how none of the media has mentioned the angle like that ... "Man attaching blocks to arm and head and praying"... I too would freak out,,, It is probably too much to ask that the kid would have enough common sense to not do that considering the climate of air travel today,.. As noted before ,He was lucky he wasn;t jumped , then bound and gagged until landing.There are times when restraint is a good thing.. Or the kid could have gone to the latrine and did it in private...
Image "Not to worry, I got this !!! " "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Captain John Parker

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
VBshooter
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Spence

Next Firearm:
H&K Sig or an AK47/74

Postby KaosDad » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:48:48

Just so everyone knows what the tefillin looks like:

This is not the greatest picture in the world for many reasons, but you can plainly see what they look like. Note the black box on the model's fore head and on the inside of the left arm. Here's a second picture of what the wrapping on the left arm looks like:

So, I am not too certain I would not have freaked out either.
Proud Navy Dad

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
KaosDad
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Rich

My Arsenal:
Tee Hee.

Next Firearm:
Whatever pisses off Moms Demand and Bloomburg

Postby zephyp » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:02:59

Yep. I would have definitely tackled her...those straps would make good bonds...that does look suspicious.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby herohog » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:23:48

In my 53 years on this rock I have NEVER seen this before! WTF? WHERE is this common?

herohog
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Speedy

Postby KaosDad » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:35:59

It's a very traditional Jewish custom. Once again, Wiki does a stellar job:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin

Please, please - this is a real custom, it's not a tangent. This man was simply not being aware of his situation. In this case I understand all sides. However, airline personnel cannot be knowledgable about ALL religous customs and all folks have to be aware of the elevated level of hysteria we are under - especially in the air.
Proud Navy Dad

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
KaosDad
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Rich

My Arsenal:
Tee Hee.

Next Firearm:
Whatever pisses off Moms Demand and Bloomburg

Postby herohog » Tue, 26 Jan 2010 22:53:44

I guess it's because I haven't ever lived/stayed in any heavily Jewish areas in my life...
Cool, learn something new every day!

herohog
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Speedy

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)