SHTF already happen

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

SHTF already happen

Postby kelu » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:53:18

a junior high school student was suspended after saving a classmate from killing themselves. Last week at Bayside Middle School in Virginia Beach, Va., Adrionna Harris found a classmate trying to kill himself with a razor blade. She grabbed it from him and threw it away, but was then suspended for 10 days because holding on to the blade meant she violated the school district’s zero tolerance weapons policy.

http://reagancoalition.com/articles/201 ... mself.html

Now we need a real cataclysm to save the planet from these idiots.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Re: SHTF already happen

Postby skeeterss0 » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:10:26

Wow, I didn't even hear about that here in Hampton Roads. That is the JR High I went to as a kid.
USMC 1981-2001 Semper Fi

US Constitution
Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Marine Corps   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
skeeterss0
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
working on it

Next Firearm:
not sure, revolver or 20 gauge shotty

Postby Taggure » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:43:56

:bangin: :bangin: :bangin: They do not have the common sense that the good Lord gave a rock now do they. I hope there is an appeal to the suspension in process. Maybe a good court case against the school district to set a precident about this type of harsh action.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Postby dorminWS » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:46:53

That's just so damned silly that whoever did it needs a good old-fashioned ass-kicking.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby FiremanBob » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 12:53:59

This is the sort of thing that should have hundreds of parents swarming the school board offices. The fact that they are not is evidence that America has already lost. Today's Americans are too cowed, too stupid, or both, to stand up for their rights, and they will readily believe it when they read that the few who do, and are killed by the "authorities", are subversives who deserved it.
Author of The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22
1022Companion.com
Project Appleseed Instructor

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Oath Keepers (OK) Member  
FiremanBob
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Bob

Postby MarcSpaz » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 14:01:02

That is the most retarded thing I have ever heard in my life. I think it's high time that we as a people take our country back from these liberal/progressive idiots.

In my kids school they give them access to razor blades and exacto knifes in Art class as well as Automotive class, but they are suspending this kid for holding one she took away from someone harming themselves? Seriously? WTH?

And to make it worse, this "zero tolerance" policy hasn't saved a single child's life. It's just screwing up our kids; making a mess of their education and turning them into someone who will be afraid to do the right thing out of fear of punishment.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby kelu » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 16:03:03

White House looks to regulate cow flatulence as part of climate agenda

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/28/white ... te-agenda/
Brainless zombies have taken over DC...
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby 0ne5hot » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 18:09:47

By that logic it is better to have dead kids, then ones that are unafraid of inanimate objects.

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy’s will to be imposed on him."
~ Sun Tzu

0ne5hot
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Brian

My Arsenal:
The ~6" of grey matter between my ears...

Next Firearm:
maybe a handgun???

Postby mamabearCali » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:29:56

This is the same $%#@school district that could not be bothered when I was subject to YEARS of physical and emotional abuse by my classmates. That basically shrugged their shoulders as I PLEADED for help. Tiny girl being thrown into walls and treated as less than a person by thugs a foot taller and twice her weight......yawn......girl does the right thing.....FEED HER TO THE LIONS!

Why, yes, I am bitter.....because I was in their care, required to be there by law, and the adults in charge let the thugs and feral children knock the stuffing out of me for YEARS.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:15:59

You know MBC, I guess a lot of us don't think about girls getting beat up and bullied. Certainly, it was unknown and unthinkable (to a guy) when I went to school. But you've reminded me of my first encounter with this phenomenon:

Years ago, my daughter was being bullied and beat up on by another girl who was jealous of her clothes, car and the fact that she was obviously adored and spoiled by her parents. The school basically refused to address the situation, apparently either having no sympathy for what certain progressive administrators regarded as a "rich kid" or not being willing to appear to be siding with one over a "poor kid". They pretty much told SWMBO that we were to blame for sending our daughter to school in nice clothes and a nice car that other kids would naturally (and apparently justifiably) be jealous of. They actually suggested that our daughter needed to wear cheaper, less stylish clothes and walk to school! I spent a day or two restraining SWMBO from storming the school and wreaking mayhem on the low-down-dirty-so-n-sos while trying to have a reasonable discussion with the Principle of the High School. The Pricipal kept telling me that he was in total control of the school and his word was law and there was nothing I could do about it. So eventually I went up to the court house and got a juvenile petition issued on the kid who was doing the bullying. That made it a criminal matter. The Principal's word was no longer "law". Justice took its course.

The school went apesh!t. The guidance Counselor called our daughter to her office and roundly dressed her down. The Superintendent of schools called me and requested a meeting; where he presumed to chastise me for my "precipitate action", and made a veiled threat of unspecified action against unspecified parties for "interfering with the orderly administration of his school system"! I told him, on the way out the door, that he could expect the same response from me should the situation repeat in the future except that now that I knew the he was condoning the system's handling of the matter I would be sure to also name him in the next petition as an accessory. I never heard any more from anybody at the school, and my daughter was left alone from that day forward. That's been around 20 years ago, and the ones that are still in the administration of that school are still mad at me. But sometimes you have to choose between stepping on toes and kissing feet, and I've never been able to abide the taste of toe jam.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby mamabearCali » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:42:23

I glad your daughter had someone to watch out for her.

My mom and dad tried, but they expected the adults in the room to control the situation and when they didn't they were perplexed. They were busy people trying to get food in their kids bellies and shoes on our growing feet. So when a vivacious straight A student suddenly started getting c's and d's it was in their nature to blame their daughter for lack of attention. They simply did not realize that a. I could no longer see the board (in those years my vision went from 20/20 to 20/400), and b. I could not hear the teacher because of the insults being heaped on me most of the time.

I remember I spent most of 7th grade in the nurses office because I could not stop crying after being attacked, assaulted, and bullied for hours, the school kept asking if my parents were hurting me. I kept answering it was the kids being mean that made me cry. Nothing was ever done to help me. I asked for help again and again and was rebuffed. I pleaded as best as I could and was left adrift.

The only thing that helped was we finally moved and I was able to leave behind most of the thugs and feral children and went to a 100% new high school. There I was able to do my own thing and was much happier. Also I got my much needed glasses.

This was about 20 years ago as well. I would not let those people take care of a pet goldfish of mine. Much less my precious children.

edited to add:

I know I seem pretty mad. When I think about it I am angry. I have hatred in my heart of those years and anger towards those who should have protected me but chose not to. I wonder now if it was a racial thing. I was one of maybe two or three white girls in the classes and most of the teachers were minority. I wonder if they thought it was ok to let me get so beat up because of the color of my skin.
"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby darkstar3d » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 07:00:53

My daughter was bullied in the third grade because she is half German. After the school didn't do anything, I showed up and told the principle that they will fix it or I will. They didn't. I taught my daughter some basic verbal judo and fighting skills and she eventually had to whomp on the three bullies. She now has years of training in verbal evasion and martial arts if that failed.

In high school, it happened again and she was suspended for nearly breaking a girls arm. At the school when the principle showed me video of the "assault" you could clearly see that my daughter was trying to get away until the girl grabbed her. I got the suspension over turned and no one else ever tried to physically bully her. Once we moved here, she told everyone she has 8 years of martial arts and don't even think about it. A preemptive strike.

Retired Army Paratrooper

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
darkstar3d
Marksman
Marksman

First Name: Stacy

My Arsenal:
XD40
Colt LE6920MPFDE

Postby Jethro1200 » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 09:29:09

I had a similar experience before the present "enlightened" era. In the early 60's I met a few bullies at school. When I asked my Dad how to handle the problem he had a very realistic answer, "Never start a fight. If someone else does end the fight by any means at your disposal". He was right and when the bullies started to bleed or acquire broken bones they learned other less painful ways to have fun. One day after a bully had gotten a remodeled nose the principal decided that we both needed to be punished for fighting. I explained to him that the bully had started the fight and that I would not accept punishment. He called my father and told him what I had said, my father informed him that I would not lie and that I would not be punished. That was the end of that, the principal backed down but failed to correct the situation. After a few more sessions of remodeling the situation improved.
Violence has a place in problem solving but needs to be properly applied. Having learned that solution worked at such a young age meant it took years to learn other less extreme techniques. If the adults in charge had taken the proper steps early I and my tormentors might have been better students. I survived but the lessons learned then are still my first reaction to problems today.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Jethro1200
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Jethro

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 12:02:19

In truth? School Admin, and some teachers are BULLIES!

We've been dealing with one particular idjut at the middle school level for one of the Woman's kids. I let her handle 99.9% of the issues, because the last time, the kid got transferred to another teacher mid year because "His guardian is prone to use the legal system."

When I tell them about the same processes that Dorm used, and how I can put it on an e-mail tree, news sources, etc. etc. Situations resolve themselves.

You see? Schools like to think of themselves as lil' "Fiefdoms" of Guv'mint... and when you know how to shake that "Chihuaua of Communism" with the "Big Dawg of Law". They pee themselves, shake alot, and say "Holy Sheet! He's gonna eet mee!"

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)