Rectifying emotions.

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Rectifying emotions.

Postby Reverenddel » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:44:52

As my circle of preppers is discussing, their is a topic that finally came up.

How do we rectify that the people we deal with daily, those that will not prepare, or refuse to see the writing on the wall, are going to end up in a VERY bad position?

More precisely, how to cope with the fact that we're going to have to "let people go".

We're discussing that there are expectations amongst certain folks that "others" will take care of them, or the "government" will take care of them, and we're going to have to walk away from CLOSE relationships because we've neither the provisions, or inclination to sacrifice those in the circle.

I know it's not a "Macho" thing, but there are people I have worked with for over 15+ years that I know when the SHTF/TEOTWATKI occurs, they're going to pass from this world.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Re: Rectifying emotions.

Postby ShotgunBlast » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:09:09

From one of my favorite books "The Richest Man in Babylon" is a story of the ox and the ass, paraphrased here.

http://inconvenientman.blogspot.com/201 ... s.html?m=1

While I tell my wife it is good to have traits like empathy and sympathy, do not do something that will make someone else's problem into your problem.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Michael

Postby dorminWS » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:14:21

ShotgunBlast wrote:From one of my favorite books "The Richest Man in Babylon" is a story of the ox and the ass, paraphrased here.

http://inconvenientman.blogspot.com/201 ... s.html?m=1

While I tell my wife it is good to have traits like empathy and sympathy, do not do something that will make someone else's problem into your problem.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My hard-bitten old pappy used to say that "SYMPATHY" was in the same part of the dictionary as "SUCKER" and SH!T". Eloquent, if a bit earthy.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby mamabearCali » Tue, 23 Oct 2012 13:25:56

This is one of those times I am a little bit glad that our extended family is not close by. Chris and I have agreed that we will help any immediate family that comes to us in need. If we can help our neighbors by teaching them or helping them provide for themselves. However I cannot store food for the whole neighborhood.

Being kind good and generous does not equal foolish.

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."

mamabearCali
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Christie

My Arsenal:
Glock 36

Postby Reverenddel » Wed, 24 Oct 2012 08:43:40

Agreed. "You can't save all the kittens" is a phrase a friend of mine.

It's not there yet, but it feels like "Titanic" emotions, not the movie, but actual emotions, you're in the lifeboat, and you have to watch people die, or know those people whom you've an emotional attachment will die.

I worry about those who "ask for help", come to EXPECT it because "YOU'VE GOT ENOUGH!" entitlement mentality. I have enough...for me, and mine. If you try to take it, then I will defend it.

I'll answer for my actions later either in Heaven, or Court... but I WILL do what's needed to provide my circle.

I almost wish there were a "Prepper Neighborhood" with everyone getting 3 acres, a WELL BUILT house with a FULL FINISHED basement, and a Community center with exercise equipement, and training rooms... and a BIG F"CKING WALL WITH GATES! That's a "HOA" I wouldn't mind being a member.

Then I wouldn't have to worry about the "enemy within".

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)