Preparing for Zombie attack

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby KaosDad » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:46:30

"I'm not certain which is more disturbing; the fact that a zombie attack might well be in the realm of possibility, or the fact that you all are actually looking forward to it."

"Dad - we'de decided - when the Zombies DO come out, we're going to your data center."

"Remember - don't shoot stright for the head first. Zombies shamble so it's it's a hard target to hit. Go for central body mass first - it only stings but causes them to stand up straight. Or - blast the leg. They'll drop to ground and you've got your anchor shot."

Just Zombie quotes I collected while a marching band dad.
Proud Navy Dad


National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
User avatar
KaosDad
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:56:03
Location: Chantilly, VA
First Name: Rich

My Arsenal:
Tee Hee.

Next Firearm:
Whatever pisses off Moms Demand and Bloomburg

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby Unkn0wN » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:21:09

KaosDad wrote:"I'm not certain which is more disturbing; the fact that a zombie attack might well be in the realm of possibility, or the fact that you all are actually looking forward to it."



I never said anything about looking forward to a "zombie" attack, lol.

I can't speak for everyone, but me personally, I just love Zombie movies. Most of them are corny, but for some darn reason, I just love em. lol. As far as possibility goes, I personally don't think it could happen.

It's like all the star wars/star trek fans. The stuff isn't real, but millions of people still dress like them and act like them. My thing is Zombie movies, so why not "plan" for an attack, lol.
'You picked a fight with a warlock you little worm' - Charlie Sheen


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
User avatar
Unkn0wN
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:30:03
Location: Hampton
First Name: Jerry

My Arsenal:
SA XD(M)-40
Walther PK380
Springfield M1A
Ruger SR-556
Yugo SKS M59/66
Ruger 10/22
Remington 887 NitroMag

Next Firearm:
Something in .30-06

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby Taggure » Thu, 25 Mar 2010 13:31:16

zephyp wrote:And back again by popular demand - the zombie speaker !!!!! This one definitely needs to eat some brains as it will be the only ones she has... :whistle:



Is this Photo of the illustrious leader coming to Culpepper for the Meet and Greet

Vern
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
User avatar
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2718
Joined: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:43:59
First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby Diomed » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 00:14:10

A pistol grip shotgun is a terrible choice for a zombie defense weapon.

That said, here's mine:

Image

It even says so on the registration:

Image


User avatar
Diomed
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 02:28:14
Location: Central VA
First Name: Nah

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby zephyp » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 04:37:46

Unkn0wN wrote:
KaosDad wrote:"I'm not certain which is more disturbing; the fact that a zombie attack might well be in the realm of possibility, or the fact that you all are actually looking forward to it."



I never said anything about looking forward to a "zombie" attack, lol.

I can't speak for everyone, but me personally, I just love Zombie movies. Most of them are corny, but for some darn reason, I just love em. lol. As far as possibility goes, I personally don't think it could happen.

It's like all the star wars/star trek fans. The stuff isn't real, but millions of people still dress like them and act like them. My thing is Zombie movies, so why not "plan" for an attack, lol.


Yeah but lots of star trek stuff is indeed real...VTC (main screen) has been around for a while and we are currently tinkering with phaser technology. Also, there was an article the other day about a real cloaking device. Some egg heads made a little piece of gold invisible... :whistle:
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image


User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA
First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby Unkn0wN » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:16:50

zephyp wrote:Yeah but lots of star trek stuff is indeed real...VTC (main screen) has been around for a while and we are currently tinkering with phaser technology. Also, there was an article the other day about a real cloaking device. Some egg heads made a little piece of gold invisible... :whistle:


Ok, let me re-word that.... most of the stuff isn't real or wasn't at the time of the old shows.... lol. Yes, I know VTC, we use it just about every other day at work. Makes it pretty convenient to attend meetings at the Pentagon or wherever and not having to leave your office. They are starting to do a lot more via DCO though.
'You picked a fight with a warlock you little worm' - Charlie Sheen


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
User avatar
Unkn0wN
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:30:03
Location: Hampton
First Name: Jerry

My Arsenal:
SA XD(M)-40
Walther PK380
Springfield M1A
Ruger SR-556
Yugo SKS M59/66
Ruger 10/22
Remington 887 NitroMag

Next Firearm:
Something in .30-06

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby zephyp » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:37:54

Unkn0wN wrote:
zephyp wrote:Yeah but lots of star trek stuff is indeed real...VTC (main screen) has been around for a while and we are currently tinkering with phaser technology. Also, there was an article the other day about a real cloaking device. Some egg heads made a little piece of gold invisible... :whistle:


Ok, let me re-word that.... most of the stuff isn't real or wasn't at the time of the old shows.... lol. Yes, I know VTC, we use it just about every other day at work. Makes it pretty convenient to attend meetings at the Pentagon or wherever and not having to leave your office. They are starting to do a lot more via DCO though.


DCO (gag me). I'd rather lay in the mud and beat myself with a stick than conduct a meeting via DCO. Regular telcon via POT is better, at least IMHO....but I guess some like it...not that DOD CIO has mandated its use has anything to do with it...

I started playing with the studio VTC capability around 1986...was a real big deal back then...
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image


User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA
First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby Unkn0wN » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:57:40

zephyp wrote:DCO (gag me). I'd rather lay in the mud and beat myself with a stick than conduct a meeting via DCO. Regular telcon via POT is better, at least IMHO....but I guess some like it...not that DOD CIO has mandated its use has anything to do with it...

I started playing with the studio VTC capability around 1986...was a real big deal back then...


Oh no, I never said I loved DCO, lol. I hate it.... but when you get a 1-star or 2-star saying he wants to meet via DCO, not too much we can do when our boss is only a full bird. I think they like DCO so much because they don't have to leave their desk. They just log in and start their webcam. Or I should say us computer guys log in for them because they can't even do that on their own.
'You picked a fight with a warlock you little worm' - Charlie Sheen


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
User avatar
Unkn0wN
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:30:03
Location: Hampton
First Name: Jerry

My Arsenal:
SA XD(M)-40
Walther PK380
Springfield M1A
Ruger SR-556
Yugo SKS M59/66
Ruger 10/22
Remington 887 NitroMag

Next Firearm:
Something in .30-06

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby GS78 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:55:15

zephyp wrote:[ Also, there was an article the other day about a real cloaking device. Some egg heads made a little piece of gold invisible... :whistle:


Thats nothing, I can do that.
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell


User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby GS78 » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 08:57:34

Truth the american public are the zombies, all of us.
'those who hammer their guns into plows , will plow for those who don't'






"In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."...George Orwell


User avatar
GS78
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2133
Joined: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 18:10:18

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby KaosDad » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:31:42

UNK - the comment was not aimed at you - just in general - something one of the Band Kids said.
Proud Navy Dad


National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
User avatar
KaosDad
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:56:03
Location: Chantilly, VA
First Name: Rich

My Arsenal:
Tee Hee.

Next Firearm:
Whatever pisses off Moms Demand and Bloomburg

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby MountainCat » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:35:35

What could happen:


"Dad - we'de decided - when the Zombies DO come out, we're going to your data center."


I'm going to the nearest shopping mall.



User avatar
MountainCat
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 15:59:05
Location: VA Mountains
First Name: T

My Arsenal:
Rubber Band Pistol

Next Firearm:
Rubber Band Rifle

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby Unkn0wN » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:30:12

KaosDad wrote:UNK - the comment was not aimed at you - just in general - something one of the Band Kids said.


I understood, I was just throwing my case out there. I am sure there are thousands of people out there that think a zombie attack will really happen one day...
'You picked a fight with a warlock you little worm' - Charlie Sheen


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
User avatar
Unkn0wN
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:30:03
Location: Hampton
First Name: Jerry

My Arsenal:
SA XD(M)-40
Walther PK380
Springfield M1A
Ruger SR-556
Yugo SKS M59/66
Ruger 10/22
Remington 887 NitroMag

Next Firearm:
Something in .30-06

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby KaosDad » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:08:07

Proud Navy Dad


National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
User avatar
KaosDad
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:56:03
Location: Chantilly, VA
First Name: Rich

My Arsenal:
Tee Hee.

Next Firearm:
Whatever pisses off Moms Demand and Bloomburg

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby Unkn0wN » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:30:37




Hmmm, Interesting. I don't pay Cracked.com much attention, but I thought that was some sort of humor site?
'You picked a fight with a warlock you little worm' - Charlie Sheen


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army  
User avatar
Unkn0wN
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 641
Joined: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 08:30:03
Location: Hampton
First Name: Jerry

My Arsenal:
SA XD(M)-40
Walther PK380
Springfield M1A
Ruger SR-556
Yugo SKS M59/66
Ruger 10/22
Remington 887 NitroMag

Next Firearm:
Something in .30-06

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby zephyp » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 21:00:18

Unkn0wN wrote:
zephyp wrote:DCO (gag me). I'd rather lay in the mud and beat myself with a stick than conduct a meeting via DCO. Regular telcon via POT is better, at least IMHO....but I guess some like it...not that DOD CIO has mandated its use has anything to do with it...

I started playing with the studio VTC capability around 1986...was a real big deal back then...


Oh no, I never said I loved DCO, lol. I hate it.... but when you get a 1-star or 2-star saying he wants to meet via DCO, not too much we can do when our boss is only a full bird. I think they like DCO so much because they don't have to leave their desk. They just log in and start their webcam. Or I should say us computer guys log in for them because they can't even do that on their own.


In the Pentagon we set up the meetings and tell the flag officers where its going to be and what the venue is. Rarely do they tell us something specific about how they want to run a meeting. They just say something like "well, we need to have another meeting."

And I'm thinking - right, have another meeting so we can schedule another one after that... :hysterical:

Not many of us have webcams. DCO is a real bandwidth hog for video and app sharing. Something we've tried to discourage for the guys down range. They like Jabber...
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

Image


User avatar
zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Tue, 05 May 2009 08:40:55
Location: Springfield, VA
First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby CCFan » Fri, 26 Mar 2010 23:21:14

Who said there weren't going to be zombies??

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Resistance to Tyranny is Obedience to God.


CCFan
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Fri, 08 May 2009 21:51:35
First Name: none

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby Taggure » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 09:13:14

zephyp wrote:And back again by popular demand - the zombie speaker !!!!! This one definitely needs to eat some brains as it will be the only ones she has... :whistle:


Ok How would you like to wake up to her every morning? YUCK!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."
Thomas Jefferson
SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)


Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
User avatar
Taggure
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter
 
Posts: 2718
Joined: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 12:43:59
First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Mother: Ralphie, what would you like for Christmas?

Adult Ralphie: Horrified, I heard myself blurt it out.

Ralphie: I want an offical Red Rider carbine action two hundred shot range model air rifle.

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby OakRidgeStars » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:39:35

:clap: :hysterical:
Image


OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 14109
Joined: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:13:20
First Name: ORS

Re: Preparing for Zombie attack

Postby KaosDad » Thu, 01 Apr 2010 17:57:26

That which has been seen....
Proud Navy Dad


National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
User avatar
KaosDad
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter
 
Posts: 1717
Joined: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:56:03
Location: Chantilly, VA
First Name: Rich

My Arsenal:
Tee Hee.

Next Firearm:
Whatever pisses off Moms Demand and Bloomburg

PreviousNext


Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)

Who is online

Registered users: Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, jpmuscle

cron
Please Support
Our Sponsors