A new SHTF Scenario

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

A new SHTF Scenario

Postby Drumstix61 » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 07:09:56

The New Madrid Fault Line.
"They" say it's most definitely going down,and all sorts of theories abound,tying it in with HAARP,and the animal kills :tinfoil:

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl= ... rid+Fault+

I didn't see any reference here,so thought it may interest you all.
The videos are long,but something to see.

Stix
"Μολών λαβέ"
ImageImage

Drumstix61
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

First Name: Geo

My Arsenal:
Tragic boating accident.

Re: A new SHTF Scenario

Postby Yarddawg » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 08:37:00

The youtube links are not working.
Engage your brain!

Virginia Gun Owners Coalition (VGOC) Member  
Yarddawg
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Yard

My Arsenal:
Just enough to get in trouble with

Postby Drumstix61 » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 08:49:53

Now?
Last edited by OakRidgeStars on Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:24:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected Youtube links to embed
"Μολών λαβέ"
ImageImage

Drumstix61
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

My Arsenal:
Tragic boating accident.

Postby Yarddawg » Sun, 30 Jan 2011 08:58:56

Much better. :thumbsup:
Engage your brain!

Virginia Gun Owners Coalition (VGOC) Member  
Yarddawg
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Yard

My Arsenal:
Just enough to get in trouble with

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 31 Jan 2011 17:45:22

Didn't play the videos. The first didn't work, and the second was obviously coming out from under a tinfoil hat, so I turned it off.

That New madrid earthquake sure made some first-class duck-huntin' at Reelfoot Lake, so it warn't all bad in the long run.

My SHTF strategy is to stockpile the following:
.22LR -for small jobs, because it is cheap and very effective a lot of the time and I have more .22s than I can live long enough to wear out.
.223 -because I've got more than one gun that shoots this and it's a common round (got a few rounds laying around plus i just bought a 1,000-round case)
.308 -because I've got more than one gun that shoots this and it's also very common (only got about 50 rounds now, but since you guys have got me thinking on it, I'll work on it)
- 9mm -because I've got more than one gun that shoots this and it's common as dirt (only got a box or so now, but like I said, you guys have me thinking about preparedness - gun's no good without ammo)
.45ACP -because I've got several guns that shoot this and it's a kick-ass round (just bought a case of that)

-?- What the heck, I've got lots of .30-06 and .30-30 stuff, too. I'll lay in some of that if I have time.

The other leg of my strategy is to maintain my present capability to shoot just about any other common cartidge I might scavenge from the wreckage and to have at least a decent amount of ammo for stuff like my .338 Lapua (500 rounds now), .50 Beowulf, (700-800 rounds now), .444, .44 magnum, and whatever other heavy duty stuff I have/get.

Be a good reason to get into reloading, too.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby zephyp » Tue, 01 Feb 2011 06:32:51

I listened to the first 90 seconds of the first video. Best explanation of the bird deaths I've heard yet. Everyone seems to shy away from God causing them, but anyway...HAARP...indeed. Whether or not the feds are playing around with a fault line is another question. But, when dealing with the government anything is possible.
No more catchy slogans for me...I am simply fed up...4...four...4...2+2...

zephyp
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: DK

My Arsenal:
My Favs:
Whatever gets the job done.

Next Firearm:
M-1 Garand

Postby Drumstix61 » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 07:21:04

dorminWS wrote:Didn't play the videos. The first didn't work, and the second was obviously coming out from under a tinfoil hat, so I turned it off.

Then you may wish to start reading about it mate,it's not all tinfoil.
FEMA and Homeland Security are ramping up disaster supplies,and getting set to stage a disaster preparedness exercise nationally,and very soon.

Some good links in this thread @ survivalist forums;
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showth ... p?t=149287

dorminWS wrote:That New madrid earthquake sure made some first-class duck-huntin' at Reelfoot Lake, so it warn't all bad in the long run.

I think you made a funny...but yes it will be bad.
Not saying it will,but I am saying .
"Μολών λαβέ"
ImageImage

Drumstix61
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

My Arsenal:
Tragic boating accident.

Postby dorminWS » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:10:27

Oh, I don't doubt there could be another quake on the New Madrid Fault at all. But I don't for one minute think the government or anybody else could be conspiring to cause it. But yes, I'll gladly take a look at written material.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby gunderwood » Wed, 02 Feb 2011 11:30:03

dorminWS wrote:Oh, I don't doubt there could be another quake on the New Madrid Fault at all. But I don't for one minute think the government or anybody else could be conspiring to cause it. But yes, I'll gladly take a look at written material.

+1
sudo modprobe commonsense
FATAL: Module commonsense not found.

gunderwood
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)