Mountain house #10 cans low prices

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Mountain house #10 cans low prices

Postby hairtriggerglock17 » Sun, 13 Oct 2013 21:50:52

Ok y'all

With all the crap going on there is probably no time like now for prepping and emergency food. Things like riots if the ebt system breaks again to martial law being declared over riots

Today a contact i get some knives from called me to inform me they are having a sale on all number 10 cans. I figured I would put this out here as many members on various boards have gotten knives off me and and seem to be pretty happy with them. Discount will be 10-15% depending on how much you order. I do not have any #10 s in so they would be special order. 4 is a minimum. This is a good way to get some prepping food supplies while the price is good.

If you want a pic ill put a generic one up, but if you have seen one can of mountain house you seen them all
These will be drop shipped from the warehouse in TX to your door.

They have a pretty big selection, so it would be "very copious" to put all of them down here. here are 5 of the more popular #10 cans. This sale is only till the 18th. Generally are prices are lower than sportsmansguide on these and most other online vendors delivered. If you like to bargain shop get prices let us know what they are and well talk.

#10 cans
rice and chicken $20
Chili mac with beef $21
Macaroni and cheese $22
scrambled eggs with bacon $22
Diced beef $33 ( I have not seen it this low anyplace)
Other ones are avail and happy to look up quotes for interested buyers.

They are selling out and getting restocked, so it helps if you have a couple flavors you like.

Also if you are looking for water filters, spyderco, gerber, sog knives this same dealer sells them as well as other prepping supplies like backpacks, mini tents, various stuff campers would use.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force  
hairtriggerglock17
Marksman
Marksman

My Arsenal:
favorite gun is my colt1911, but i have several 9mm and recently got an ar15

Re: Mountain house #10 cans low prices

Postby OakRidgeStars » Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:08:04

Keep in mind that once you open a #10 can, the contents must be used in less than a week. These cans are good for feeding a large family that doesn't mind having the same meal more than once a week.

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby VACoastie » Mon, 14 Oct 2013 08:39:23

In an emergency situation, I'd dare anyone I'm feeding to complain about eating the same thing 2-3 even 5 days in a row. A swift back hand may be in their near future haha.

I actually have to sit with the wife here and converse about our meal plans and our bug-out. I let her pack the large BOB and... Well... There's some improvement that needs to be made both in what we have and how we pack.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Coast Guard   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
VACoastie
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Chris

My Arsenal:
9MM Beretta PX4 Storm
Marlin60 .22 LR
Remington 1100 12 Gauge
S&W .38 Special

Next Firearm:
AR Platform

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 14 Oct 2013 09:38:17

VACoastie wrote:In an emergency situation, I'd dare anyone I'm feeding to complain about eating the same thing 2-3 even 5 days in a row. A swift back hand may be in their near future haha.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

+1. You could be more receptive to the emotional needs of others, though. You could just smile sweetly and say, "That's OK, I just won't feed it to you if you don't want it." Stretches the food supply. Leaves no evidence of "abuse". Reduces the energy they have to bitch about the way you're calling the shots. Saves wear and tear on the back of your hand, too.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby VACoastie » Mon, 14 Oct 2013 11:08:50

LOL that's excellent Dormin. Ah, the wisdom I learn each day astounds me!

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Coast Guard   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
VACoastie
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Chris

My Arsenal:
9MM Beretta PX4 Storm
Marlin60 .22 LR
Remington 1100 12 Gauge
S&W .38 Special

Next Firearm:
AR Platform

Postby kelu » Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:04:01

I never tried to eat one of these. However, the amount of calories per serving seems low. If the emergency situation forces you to bug in and stand still and save energy, it may be fine, but for any active situation, 300 calories may not be enough.
Anyone tried to eat these for, say, 2-3 weeks?
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby hairtriggerglock17 » Mon, 14 Oct 2013 23:10:55

Yeah on a bug out situation i would figure that you cant be picky SHTF. Plus have a couple varieties never hurts.

On the low calorie count. I have mountain house and wise as part of my plan, but I also keep stuff like spam, beans and so forth that add calories to the mix.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force  
hairtriggerglock17
Marksman
Marksman

My Arsenal:
favorite gun is my colt1911, but i have several 9mm and recently got an ar15

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 15 Oct 2013 01:29:38

Moving this thread to the SHTF section.

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)