MIT computer models SHTF 2030

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Postby joeshmo » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 20:56:43

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/ne ... 52944.html

at least I have a few years to further prep...

joeshmo
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: what

My Arsenal:
I'll never tell

Next Firearm:
red rider bb gun

Re: MIT computer models SHTF 2030

Postby ShotgunBlast » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 21:13:21

Of course it's always a good time to prep if you haven't started already since natural disasters seem to be more frequent than they used to be. I'm sure there are some people in the Dallas area that are doing just fine even though tornados tore that whole area up.

ShotgunBlast
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Michael

Postby Geezer » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:43:51

2030? Oh good! (breathes a sigh of relief) I don't think I'll live to be 90

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Confederation of Revolver Enthusiasts (ICORE) Member   Virginia Gun Collectors Association (VGCA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
Geezer
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Location: Formerly The People's Republic of Massachusetts, now NOVA
First Name: Jack

My Arsenal:
More than my wife thinks I have

Next Firearm:
got enuff already

Postby MNMGoneShooting » Wed, 04 Apr 2012 22:57:19

Just about my retirement time. Guess I will cash in that 401k while it's still worth something.
If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.

- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
MNMGoneShooting
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: Mike

My Arsenal:
In a near AWB world, I say:
- A pocket knife
- A Daisy BB gun
- A book of matches

Postby gator1time » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:31:31

I would bet the farm (if I owned a farm) that there is a major collapse well before 2030.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy  
gator1time
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Michael

My Arsenal:
Own:
Springfield XDM 9
Sig P229 40
Ruger Mk III
Ruger SR9
RRA LAR-15

Next Firearm:
Not sure

Postby dorminWS » Mon, 09 Apr 2012 11:13:26

Geezer wrote:2030? Oh good! (breathes a sigh of relief) I don't think I'll live to be 90

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Just my damn luck. Considering my present state of disrepair, I'll probably live to be 78 but be too feeble to fend for myself. Guess I'll have to remember to save one bullet.
"The Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference." -Thomas Jefferson
Gun-crazy? Me? I'd say the gun-crazy ones are the ones that don’t HAVE one.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
dorminWS
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: G2

My Arsenal:
I don't think it's a good idea to put that online. WHO KNOWS who's checking? I love big-caliber and longe-range rifles and 1911 pistols, and I've got a few.

Next Firearm:
I can always use another 1911.

Postby MrZ » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:24:51

Either we will wind up like in the movie Logan’s Run where everyone that reaches a certain ages is terminated to maintain the earth consumption of resources in balance or like Soylent Green where in 2022 everything is already out of balance and dead people are processed into green wafer called Soylent Green. Both movies talk about global warming, overpopulation and one type or another collapse.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force  
MrZ
Sighting In
Sighting In

First Name: Z

My Arsenal:
Yugo AK 7.62x39, Yugo Mausers, Manda 50 cal Sniper rifle, AR, Springfield XDM .40, Winchaster 12 gauge and my first AR

Next Firearm:
yes

Postby OakRidgeStars » Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:45:32

MrZ wrote:... or like Soylent Green where in 2022 everything is already out of balance and dead people are processed into green wafer called Soylent Green. Both movies talk about global warming, overpopulation and one type or another collapse.

Or maybe it's already here :shock:

general-discussion/soylent-green-real-t10070.html

OakRidgeStars
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: ORS

Postby mtman » Wed, 18 Apr 2012 02:21:41

Hello all,
Without going into a spew about past experience, I'll simply say that the 2030 report is nothing more than a smoke screen. If you have a 401 K, start your paper work to have it withdrawn by the end of May.
There will be a storm the first part of July and will give people to wrap their minds around, but it's minor to what will be coming over the next 4 years.
Starting in late Sept. with a few very powerful events coming due every year until the 4 th quarter of 2016. With the aid of artificial intelligence software for our back testing, we were not able to find any such cluster of cyclic events like this, dating back 2,000 year. The markets is in fact going to collapse, it's a simple matter of mathematics and realization that no capitalistic structured economy has ever survive past the predominate 80 year business cycle, dating all the way back to the Roman Empire, which was over thrown by the vikings. Our current economical cycle started up again in late 1932, after the collapse in Oct. 1929. Another way to look at this without cycles, is to understand that our economy is paper, in 1972 the gold and silver certificates were removed and the debt mushroomed, our money is worth less than a penny per dollar now, We have a world wide debt that we're just able to pay the interest on. There's only two feasible ways to clear a national debt, one is to inflate the value of our dollar, which you can forget about, the other is to declare national bankruptcy. The same as an individual would do to clear overwhelming debt. Preparedness? Survival? That's very rational thinking in my book.
But war.. riots, defending homeland, I fought for my country too, but knowing that there will be a rise in our economy again in 2015, though it will collapse again shortly after regaining ground in late 2016, I can reason out that first waves will fail. Better to stay in the root cellar until the dust settles, and away from the new emerging Fema controls. It will get very ugly through the last half of 2013..the worst of the worst when those cycles merge together. So just a friendly heads up on this..
Thank you and God bless!

mtman
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)