How plentiful will small game be after TSHTF?

Discuss survival and preparedness strategies. What will you do when the zombies come to get us?

Re: How plentiful will small game be after TSHTF?

Postby Reverenddel » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 09:15:11

MarcSpaz wrote:
bali wrote:i get my FACTS from the ASPCA websight. If you "think" that there's more than 100 million feral cats and dogs, you're out of your MIND, dude.

Dude, you are so full of sh!t its not even funny. The ASPCA is who says that there are 70 million + feral cats alone... never mind feral dogs. Search for "how many feral cats are in the us" on Google and the ASPCA site is the very first result.

http://www.aspca.org/animal-homelessnes ... statistics

And if cats and dogs are so superior to humans, why are we at the top of the food chain when they have roamed the earth way longer than we have.

And it is so illegal to shoot and kill feral animals that its not even funny. I highly doubt it is happening at pruning levels on a national scale. Just insane to say such a thing.

I can't have a debate or even a convo with someone who flat out lies about stuff and acts like they know everything. Dude, I seriously can't talk to you anymore.

For someone "new" he hasn't gotten the feel for the land. That we're not like other forums, we research this stuff, we're all in involved in some aspects to the subjects we speak upon, and we have low tolerance for foolishness.

This ain't yer "mamma's online forum". HAHAHAHAH :hysterical: :hysterical:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:

Postby bali » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 09:27:34

TRY to ignore the 100 million dogs and cats issue, hmm? :-) Why dont' you just admit that you're too cheap and lazy to prep properly, and store food, hmm?

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 10:34:28

Reverenddel wrote:For someone "new" he hasn't gotten the feel for the land. That we're not like other forums, we research this stuff, we're all in involved in some aspects to the subjects we speak upon, and we have low tolerance for foolishness.

This ain't yer "mamma's online forum". HAHAHAHAH :hysterical: :hysterical:

LOL He'll figure it out... I hope. When he does, if ya'll could let me know, I'll take him off the ignore list.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby bali » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 12:04:14

ok, punk, show us where ASPCA says that there's that many WILD dogs and cats. They are nothing of the kind. they may have no human owners, but they'll perish in a couple of weeks without humans providing their food, and no, there aint no 70 million such. There's only 100 million TOTAL and the great majority of them DO have human owners.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 12:31:57

bali wrote:ok, punk, show us where ASPCA says that there's that many WILD dogs and cats. They are nothing of the kind. they may have no human owners, but they'll perish in a couple of weeks without humans providing their food, and no, there aint no 70 million such. There's only 100 million TOTAL and the great majority of them DO have human owners.

Oh Jesus... You have to be the dumbest SOB I never met. I did 100% of the research for you, provided a link to the very agency you claim to have quoted, and you STILL can't figure it out. Its hopeless.

It feels kinda odd when I'm a grandpa, but someone calls me punk. I always felt like that was appropriate for younger folks. Oh well. I guess anyone can be a punk.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby bali » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:08:12

truly feral dogs and cats are quite rare. the kind YOU are talking about are feeding off of human garbage.

bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby bali » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:10:41

bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:25:43

I wish you were right. Unfortunately, again, I must disagree. My wife and I have been huge supporters of the ASPCA and have been volunteering to help catch, fix and find homes for stray cats and dogs for 3 decades.

Cats are carnivorous predators that enjoy the hunt more than the meal. Sometimes, they will hunt and kill prey and not even eat it. They eat birds, snakes, mice, chipmunks, small rabbits, etc.

Now, dogs on the other hand, they are scavengers when they are alone. They will eat damn near anything. However, they are pack hunters. They will, as a pack, hunt and kill prey as large as 1,000+ lbs.

But none of that matters in a ELE or mass casualty event. Cats and dogs are territorial animals, not nomad or migrant. So, cats and dogs will likely dominate the area they are in such as cities and suburban, with cats being the most successful, not rule the hunting grounds out in the wilderness. That said, their numbers would still be expected to drop due to pack/pride competition and localized competition for food.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:29:28

bali wrote:here's the REAL states, so eat it.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... +in+the+US

You really are not a very smart or friendly person, are you? In my opinion, you seem about 2 IQ points away from being watered twice a week.

Has anyone in your family ever died after saying "Hey ya'll! Watch this!"?

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 13:34:52

I know I said I was done once before, but I mean it this time. You started with the name calling and insults, and even though I'm clearly better at it, I don't like doing it. So, I'm done. Enjoy your life bud. Be safe.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby bali » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 14:22:05

When you get proven to be fos, you just run off, eh? typical of people who "think" they know more than I do on this type of forum.

bali
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 14:54:30

Hey, has anyone seen Gecko45 lately? I think he did a really nice write-up on this subject a few years ago. Maybe he can post a link.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 19:51:46

I think I saw Gecko45 at Lowes, the other day. He was buying a wheelbarrow and some black spray paint.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 19:53:56

SHMIV wrote:I think I saw Gecko45 at Lowes, the other day. He was buying a wheelbarrow and some black spray paint.

Lindsay thinks I'm nuts cuz I laughed so hard.

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 20:13:29

Lol, TBH was wondering what was so funny when I was snickering at this thread and a couple others, too.

I had to explain that a troll of great wisdom has entered our midst, and was intent upon showing us all the errors of our ways, whether we wanted it or not.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby MarcSpaz » Thu, 06 Oct 2016 20:35:34

:hysterical:

So true. I wish we had a like button!

MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby Reverenddel » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 08:06:44

bali wrote:When you get proven to be fos, you just run off, eh? typical of people who "think" they know more than I do on this type of forum.

The decorum on this forum is unlike others. Being arrogant, and putting people down is not acceptable behavior.

So your comments are rude, and unnecessary. We SHARE knowledge here. Not "gotcha" moments, and "peacocking".

Just thought someone should tell you.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby Reverenddel » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 08:07:42

SHMIV wrote:Lol, TBH was wondering what was so funny when I was snickering at this thread and a couple others, too.

I had to explain that a troll of great wisdom has entered our midst, and was intent upon showing us all the errors of our ways, whether we wanted it or not.

AGREED! Already put him on the "ignore" column

Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

My Arsenal:

Next Firearm:

Postby rifle » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 09:39:28

I may be wrong, but I think there's a chance that Gunkid (John Melvin Davis) has become a member here
Trust? Years to earn, seconds to break. Be careful who you trust - remember, the devil was once an angel

rifle
On Target
On Target

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
might have one or two laying around here

Postby rifle » Fri, 07 Oct 2016 10:11:32

After going back and reading some other posts, i'm pretty sure now that he has
Trust? Years to earn, seconds to break. Be careful who you trust - remember, the devil was once an angel

rifle
On Target
On Target

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
might have one or two laying around here

PreviousNext

Return to Survival and Emergency Preparedness (SHTF)