Please Help!!! I Would Like Some Help Picking My Next Gun

VGOF Calendar Import Calendar Entry (.ics) for this topic Handgun discussions - Handgun ammunition selection, gun modifications, pictures. Tell us about your handgun.

Re: Please Help!!! I Would Like Some Help Picking My Next Gun

Postby SHMIV » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 08:03:52

Heh. Yeah, there are a quite a few things in my house, that exist solely because the wife wants them. There are other things in my house, that I purchased for myself, and the wife claimed it as "hers", in many cases, before the damn thing was unboxed.

So, I can empathize.

I do hope that your wife enjoys her new pistols, lol.

(Before the tragic boating accident that claimed all the household firearms, my wife referred to every one of them as "hers". I lost all of my guns to her, after the first year of dating, lmao)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby domin8ss » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 10:03:15

It's been a long and slow process coverting my wife. She's a pediatric nurse. Waking her up to three potential of having to take a life to defend herself or our children has been difficult. After all, she's dedicated her life to saving lives, so reality was counter to ideology.

A few months ago my wife planned a date night that's coming up soon. She initially told me we were going Axe throwing. Last night the plans changed. We're going to a shooting range. We have several guns that haven't been fired yet (Glock 43, custom built Glock 34 MOS, Sig P320, and now the Sig P226). I guess she wants to break them in.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

domin8ss
Marksman
Marksman

Postby Oakes » Fri, 21 Feb 2020 22:12:46

I was going to suggest the 228 which is the shorter version of the 226 or the Sig320 X frame. It's a compact that's no so much compact. Great sights and it's a 15 rounder.
The 228 is also listed as a Sig 11. Could not find a better gun than the 226.

Oakes
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby DrewJen86 » Sun, 27 Sep 2020 12:41:39

Congrats on the new Sig...I was going to say go with the P226, they are so much fun to shoot!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] [img]/images/mobile.png[/img]

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) Member   Virginia Gun Owners Coalition (VGOC) Member   International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) Member  
DrewJen86
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Andrew

My Arsenal:
Not a “fanboy”, but Glock has my business.

Postby Oakes » Thu, 08 Oct 2020 10:16:58

I have the compact version of that gun the Sig 228.
Try a 320 Compact Xframe. You can put optics on it. Sig or Leupold only for optics. I bought one and am going to order an optic.
I have a scope on a few of my handguns, Thompson Center Contender. I have a .22, .223 and red dot on the .44

Oakes
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Previous

Return to Handguns/Pistols