A Sad Truth Learned...

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

A Sad Truth Learned...

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 16 Mar 2020 18:51:12

Breaking News! Well, news to those that are suddenly developing an interest in firearms... it turns out that you can NOT, in fact, purchase guns online, and have them shipped directly to your house. Of course, here, we've all been acutely aware of this, but it seems that some folks are surprised to learn of it:

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/blog/a-lo ... un-online/

Maybe this will cause some folks to wonder what else the media has lied about.

Also... I'm not going to say that I find this funny, but cannot deny that I laughed at it...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Re: A Sad Truth Learned...

Postby M1A4ME » Tue, 17 Mar 2020 07:19:59

I pointed this out on a Ford Expedition forum a few days ago. Man, did one guy get pissed off. He accused me, and others, of being the kind of people who wanted felons to be able to buy guns and commit crimes with them. Long rant/rave with lots of name calling.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Facts seem to set them off much of the time.

I remember a (it was a joke) plaque on a professor's desk when I was in college.

"My mind it made up, so don't try to confuse me with the facts." That was in the early 80's. He was tired of fighting with the liberals at that college even then.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby WRW » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 00:19:39

Usta could order 'em from Sears and Montgomery Wards, but that was catalogues through mail before online

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

WRW
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Daisy Legacy .22

Next Firearm:
9mm maybe

Postby Swampman » Thu, 19 Mar 2020 13:32:21

M1A4ME wrote:I pointed this out on a Ford Expedition forum a few days ago. Man, did one guy get pissed off. He accused me, and others, of being the kind of people who wanted felons to be able to buy guns and commit crimes with them. Long rant/rave with lots of name calling.

Guessing it probably would have been too much to point out the alternative is to allow a firearm purchased on line be shipped directly to the buyers residence. He may have thought that would be fine. :clap:
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Return to General Discussion