Save printer ink grow your own targets.

Save printer ink grow your own targets.

Postby AlanM » Sun, 08 Mar 2020 14:54:01

I just received an email ad from Burpee.com.

If you are a precision shooter (I used to shoot .22lr benchrest) you might find this interesting and fun.

Beet, Chioggia
The most beautiful of all beets and very sweet flavored.

Full Description

This is an Italian heirloom from the town of Chioggia, near Venice, and has been popular since the early 1800s. It's beautiful and sweet flavored. Sliced roots look like bull's-eyes having concentric rings of white alternating with wine-red. The green leaves are an excellent spinach substitute.

https://www.burpee.com/vegetables/beets ... 00609.html
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Re: Save printer ink grow your own targets.

Postby Ironbear » Mon, 09 Mar 2020 12:26:17

Well... try them out! Post your scores and see if anyone can beet them!
My grandfather said, "Always use your head!".
I told him, "I want to pound nails!"
He said, "Best use a hammer instead."

Ironbear
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Postby AlanM » Tue, 10 Mar 2020 08:45:01

Ironbear wrote:Well... try them out! Post your scores and see if anyone can beet them!

You WILL be PUNished for that.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
AlanM
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Alan

My Arsenal:
My EDC works quite well.

Postby M1A4ME » Sat, 14 Mar 2020 07:21:09

Always was fun to go shooting at home.

.22's - "hey, see that dandelion over there? The real tall one?" "See that bumble bee on the flower over there?" "See that little rock on the big rock?" Etc., etc.

Centerfire rifles - "Hey, see that dead limb, over on the ridge over there, the tall tree next to the opening in the trees?" "See that round rock, up there near the top of the ridge?"

Then there's the water filled soda cans, milk jugs, old paint cans, old cars someone pushed over the bank or up against a bank, old appliances, etc., etc.

Can't do that stuff down here. I don't live in a location where I can shoot off the back porch, shoot out in the yard, shoot behind the garden, etc., etc.

A good one for .22's is to take old golf balls, drive a roofing nail into them most of the way, tie a string to the nail and then tie it to a tree limb. Put several in the same tree and have fun. Easy to hit when hanging still, harder to hit when swinging around after being hit.

M1A4ME
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

Return to Firearms