Verizon fios cancels hunting and shooting channels

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: Verizon fios cancels hunting and shooting channels

Postby Swampman » Tue, 28 Mar 2017 10:16:02

I tried Sling.tv just so I could get the Superbowl. Looked around at what they offered. Not impressed. Dumped.
Progressives/Liberals - Promoting tyranny and a defenseless people since 1913.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Swampman
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Jim

Postby va599 » Sat, 18 Jan 2020 10:28:24

An update: found a great way to fix my past issue. They have a great streaming service that goes to multiple devices, iPad, desktop, smart phone(with the capabilities to download when out of signal range) and also using a roku.

http://www.myoutdoortv.com/

Another great free alternative is

https://www.carbontv.com/

No cable tv necessary just internet

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
va599
VGOF Bronze Supporter
VGOF Bronze Supporter

First Name: JD

My Arsenal:
Glock 23

Postby Remek » Sun, 23 Feb 2020 23:38:31

I was very pissed when they did that. They ended up losing my business. I had just signed up with a 2-year contract at the time, specifically for the hunting and fishing channels. Then they cancel it after. Shouldn't you be able to get out of a contract when you signed on that basis? Well, I ended up subscribing online, and now I pay less than 1/3 what I did with verizon television.
"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
Thomas Jefferson

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Virginia Shooting Sports Association (VSSA) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member   Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) Member  
Remek
VGOF Silver Supporter
VGOF Silver Supporter

Location: Fredericksburg, or that is the nearest recognizable locale
First Name: Rob

My Arsenal:
An Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Next Firearm:
I would never touch something like that!

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 24 Feb 2020 07:50:06

My internet provider also offers television and telephone services; I use neither.

It all comes through the same line, anyway. So, I use a Roku Box for TV, and a VOIP service that costs something like $100 a year.

Since adding phone and TV through my internet service is something like an extra $75 a month, or more, I can't fathom why anyone would want that, when there are much less expensive options available.

The TV is more for the wife... she likes her cooking shows, and whatnot. Though, I do like watching old episodes of Rockford Files, Columbo, and Magnum PI.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Previous

Return to General Discussion