1/20/20 Lobby Day

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: 1/20/20 Lobby Day

Postby Jon » Sun, 05 Jan 2020 18:42:44

Just an update from me, there is talk that the libs in office are going to try and bring to the table and pass a law that not allow anyone to carry concealed or otherwise ON THE GROUNDS much less in the capital. I dont know what the actual odds of that happening are but if it does pass I'm out. I am simply not going to put myself in a situation like that unarmed. This is shaping up to be a "S" show with a predicted 100k+ pro gun folks, some of which will be decked out in full gear acting as agitators, with who knows how many anti libs.

The VCDL wants normal folks there to LOBBY. It wasn't supposed to be or has never been a "rally". But there are a lot of folks supposedly showing with other plans.

If carry is still allowed on the date I plan to be there. As for a VGOF meeting spot there is none that I know of, just go to the VCDL crowd. They'll be easy to spot.

If someone wants to designate a spot I'll leave that to you fine folks, I really dont know the area that well.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Jon
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jonathan

Postby Nrah » Thu, 09 Jan 2020 22:06:07

We're not really there to carry, concealed or otherwise. The other side is going to be there, with press, and cameras, just itching to turn this into a media talking point, for the other side.

The leftists are just waiting to get bad art on us, so they can crow "SEE?! YOU SEE, how BAD gun owners are ?"

Let's not give the other side a chance to make us look bad, and use our own guns to do it. Bear in mind, we want this to be a positive media event, for our side. Never forget this is going to be a news event, and we are representing our cause, on National and International News.
There will be news cameras everywhere.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Nrah
On Target
On Target

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Yoda's Chi, S&W 6906, Ruger SBH Hunter
VEPR, Browning X-Bolt 30.06

Next Firearm:
10MM Longslide, brand undetermined

Postby SHMIV » Thu, 09 Jan 2020 22:47:07

The Media has no intention of allowing us a "Positive Media Event". They are dishonest and they have an agenda.

I strongly suggest that, should you be encountered by a media representative, that you do not speak to them. They are likely to edit things in such a way to make you look like an idiot.

I would also suggest that it's best to appear as benign as possible. I fully expect that bad actors will show up to antagonize us; the guys dressed for battle are obvious targets. It's not going to be hard to edit footage of that, to make it appear that the armed guy is starting trouble. Look what they did to Nathan Sandmann.

Probably wouldn't hurt to film wherever media is filming, to get what they are getting. That way, when they engage in in deceptive editing, there should be plenty of bloggers and vloggers that would be willing to air the real deal, if it's provided to them.

"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby Viper21 » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 22:46:19

Rockbridge County will be represented at Lobby Day. I'm bringing a truckload of Virginia Patriots.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member  
Viper21
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Andy

Postby vwaltman » Fri, 10 Jan 2020 23:02:12

NRA ILA just sent this out so please use cation when showing up expecting the carry concealed or open as it looks like they were planning to pull the teeth from Lobby day. The are requesting folks to be there starting the first hearing on the 13th.

Vern

Virginia: General Assembly Passes Capitol Gun Ban

Days before law-abiding citizens are set to go to Richmond to urge lawmakers to defend their rights, the new anti-gun majority of the Virginia General Assembly has passed an immediate gun ban for the Pocahontas Building, the Capitol, and Capitol Grounds through the duration of the 2020 General Assembly Legislative Session. Citizens will not be permitted to carry firearms into these locations, even if they have a Concealed Handgun Permit.
This majority, bought and paid for by Michael Bloomberg, will stop at nothing to cast your right of self-defense aside. This is just the first step as they make their way down Bloomberg’s wish-list. This is why it’s critical that law-abiding gun owners make themselves heard on January 13th during the first hearing of the Senate Courts of Justice Committee where lawmakers could hear the first slate of bills to restrict our freedom into oblivion. Waiting even one week to make our voices heard, whether individually or at an organized event, will simply be too late.
Anti-gun zealot Gov. Northam wants the entire package of gun control bills fast-tracked for passage in the early days of this brief session. We must defend freedom at the very first hearing on the 13th and show that our rights are not for sale – to Bloomberg or anyone else. Join us!
January 13, 2020, starting 8:00AM
General Assembly Building, Senate Sub-Committee Room #1, 5th Floor
900 E Main St.
Richmond, VA 23219
NRA staff will be on site with giveaways, including an emergency airdrop from Magpul.

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Air Force   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
vwaltman
Pot Shot
Pot Shot

First Name: Vern

My Arsenal:
Lost them all in a tragic boat accident

Postby wittmeba » Sat, 11 Jan 2020 21:45:16

Here is a link to the posting on VCDL for Lobby Day. It provides details regarding where to meet, transportation, busing & ride sharing and times.

https://vcdl.org/event-3647199?Calendar ... =1/11/2020
A Concealed Weapon Permit is nothing more than a permit to allow a LAC to wear a jacket.
Make America Great Again
M-A-G-A

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Army   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
wittmeba
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Bruce

My Arsenal:
Lost when boat capsized

Next Firearm:
Ruger SP101 .357 with 3" barrel

Postby Jon » Sun, 12 Jan 2020 21:51:31

So obviously with the update of the ban I will not be attending. I'll make a sizable donation to the VCDL this week and that'll be my contribution to this whole ordeal.

On the "we're not here to carry" statement, showing up to a pro 2A protest unarmed because of just recently enacted laws shows compliance, and what do think the legislator's you're protesting against will think of that? The whole thing is ridiculous.

I hope everything goes ok for you guys but I'm not optimistic.

Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Jon
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: Jonathan

Previous

Return to General Discussion