Everytown/MDA Sending FOIAs to 2A Sanctuary Counties

VGOF Calendar Import Calendar Entry (.ics) for this topic General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Everytown/MDA Sending FOIAs to 2A Sanctuary Counties

Postby domin8ss » Sun, 22 Dec 2019 23:04:30

I found this over on Illinois Carry. They are the main 2A forum in Illinois, were a large factor in the state obtaining CCW, and are one of the largest and most active 2A forums in the country. When the Virginia Beach shooting happened they were able to obtain proof the Virginia Beach mayor was using the massacre for political gain with the Virginia Beach chapter of Everytown immediately following the shooting. This is worth a read and follow through.

https://www.mom-at-arms.com/post/everyt ... gun-groups

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

domin8ss
Marksman
Marksman

Re: Everytown/MDA Sending FOIAs to 2A Sanctuary Counties

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 23 Dec 2019 08:34:25

Myself and some others were talking about flooding them with thousands of BS emails so the government ends up doing a document dump on them. LoL

I like the idea of FOIA requests... but I feel like it's being abused for political reasons. I think the laws should be changed so that you can only file a request if you have legal standing. If you're not involved in some form of legal action, such as a civil or criminal court case, I'm not sure its healthy for literally anyone for any reason to demand information.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby SHMIV » Mon, 23 Dec 2019 08:59:00

In some cases, Marc, I'd agree.

But, there are also images of old, declassified government posters and declassified military training videos, declassified propaganda videos, and other things of that nature, that have shown up, due to FOIA requests. I can't think of any legal standing to request such a thing. But, it's not classified. And, from a historical perspective, it's interesting, and probably important. These things display a mindset of an era... or, at least, the mindset that the era's government desired. That's useful in understanding history (I watch old Coronet films, for the same reason).

Perhaps stuff like that could just be automatically dumped into a central library, that anyone could access, should they so desire.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
"Send lawyers, guns, and money; the $#!t has hit the fan!" - Warren Zevon

SHMIV
Sharp Shooter
Sharp Shooter

First Name: H

My Arsenal:
A big ol' tank of a Cadillac and a right foot made of lead.

Next Firearm:
The one that appears at the right time and location.

Postby Nrah » Wed, 25 Dec 2019 20:13:29

Do what the ATF does to us, on Tax Stamps.

Jerk them around, for a year and a half, making them wait for the information. Why should they be treated any differently than they treat other people ? Send them a reply stating there is a "backlog" in the requests. Then send them a response, requesting information which was lost or garbled, in the original request. Then send them a notice stating that you received the information request address, but aren't sure exactly what information they needed.

Maybe you could send them a form like a 4473, to fill out, focusing upon mental health and abuse issues, which if properly filled out, will "help to speed up processing"...

Active, Reserve or Veteran of the United States Navy   National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
Nrah
On Target
On Target

First Name: Bill

My Arsenal:
Yoda's Chi, S&W 6906, Ruger SBH Hunter
VEPR, Browning X-Bolt 30.06

Next Firearm:
10MM Longslide, brand undetermined

Return to General Discussion