My wager to you.

General discussion - Feel free to discuss anything you want here. Firearm related is preferred, but not required

Re: My wager to you.

Postby jdonovan » Mon, 01 Jul 2019 10:59:24

interesting to bring this back up, and discuss whats changed in a few years.

I see the middle ground getting less and less populated, and more people gravitating to one side or the other. The left and right points of view seem more distant than ever, and I'm not sure how your bring the moderates back to the center, and leave the fringe at the edges.

jdonovan
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby kelu » Mon, 01 Jul 2019 11:18:20

I can see similarities between today Antifa and the gangs of marxists that bring communism to my native country (now USA is my HOME country). What is scary that a party with only couple thousands members did manage to kneel a country with almost 20 million people. Think it can't happen here? Wake up before it's too late.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party - Mao Tse Tung

kelu
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

Postby MarcSpaz » Mon, 01 Jul 2019 16:25:26

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member  
MarcSpaz
VGOF Platinum Supporter
VGOF Platinum Supporter

First Name: Marc

My Arsenal:
Franks and Beans

Postby rifle » Mon, 01 Jul 2019 21:27:21

kelu wrote:I can see similarities between today Antifa and the gangs of marxists that bring communism to my native country (now USA is my HOME country). What is scary that a party with only couple thousands members did manage to kneel a country with almost 20 million people. Think it can't happen here? Wake up before it's too late.

I think there are a large amount of similarities between antifa and all the Marxists of of the "isms" ideology. i still don't think they will win here though yet. As "cliche" as it may sound, we have the 2nd Amendment and with all the dents they try to put in it, they can't take it away.
In a hypothetical situation where the 2nd is repealed ... they will still never get even half of the firearms in this country. And to add to that, I still cannot envision the military even making a first move to enforce it. (I only mention that because i've been in several discussions with people about it)
As long as we hold firm in our belief of the Constitution and what it protects, the left can flap their jaws all they want. At the very most, they may have 8 states that would vote to repeal the 2nd, with no chance of getting the 38 needed. that's why there's never any resolution to repeal it ... a lot of talk by leftist politicians and even ex Supreme Court judges, but they know it won't happen. That's why they do nothing but put dents in it when they can.
It get's frustrating to watch them constantly scream their rhetoric that's been twisted into some false narrative, particularly concerning semi-automatics. I've gotten into some loud discussions at times with some and have had to step back. I guess as I get older i have less patience with some things and that has been at the top of my list since the 80's.
But even with the leftist trend that both parties have been headed, i still believe they won't be able to confiscate the massive armory that is in the public hands right now. We have a serious problem in Va with our state government saturated with leftists now, and with NOVA controlling the bulk of our state politics, with Richmond and a lot of Tidewater supporting them. It's a shame we've gotten to this point, but i still believe they will not win.
Right now, much hinges on federal Supreme Court action in cases involving this so-called "assault weapon" garbage and they have refused to hear two case I believe, involving the state banning of weapons like the AR. I believe they need to hear several of these cases and rule on them. It would serve the public better.
And kelu, thank you for giving us a first hand vision into what you've witnessed and for speaking out on it.
OK, rant off LOL
Trust? Years to earn, seconds to break. Be careful who you trust - remember, the devil was once an angel

rifle
On Target
On Target

First Name: Scott

My Arsenal:
might have one or two laying around here

Postby Reverenddel » Sun, 22 Sep 2019 19:49:21

You don't have a bet my friend.

As a matter of a fact, people who thought my tin foil fedora was fashionable, but fitting have come to the fold!

When I predicted after Epstein, that not only would be he be "Suicided", but that if it failed, you'd have a mass shooting to "change the news line". People laughed... till it happened.... then when I said, "He'll be suicided now. Your attention is on guns."

...and they did it...

Quite a few people in my circle stopped laughing. They started buying firearms, and freeze dried food, and practicing camping...

Because I predicted. They're gonna crash the economy to make it look like Trump did it... it's gonna fail, he'll get re-elected... and then the Progressive/Commies will do something stupid, or have a "patsy".

I've told friends of mine in the Secret Service (they're in my circle because of work), and they don't laugh, because they TOO see it, and say "uh... keep that (expletive) to yourself. We don't need a panic".

Ladies, and Gentlemen. Get yourself right with the Lord, start stocking up.... because by Christmas of 2020.... we're gonna have a really interesting Holiday.

National Rifle Association (NRA) Member   Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) Member   Gun Owners of America (GOA) Member  
Reverenddel
VGOF Gold Supporter
VGOF Gold Supporter

First Name: Carl

My Arsenal:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Next Firearm:
Nothing, not a damnedable thing.

Previous

Return to General Discussion