Page 1 of 1

concealed carry in someone's home

Posted: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:14:38
by cyras21
Just curious what some of you do. I carry when ever/where ever I can concealed. For the most part people I'm visiting are people I know I and know I carry and never question it.

What do you do when you're visiting someone for the first time? Do you still carry and not say anything or advise them that you're carrying?

Re: concealed carry in someone's home

Posted: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 16:19:38
by OakRidgeStars
Why bring the subject up in the first place?. If there's no sign posted at the entrance, or the property owner isn't telling you to disarm, then don't sweat it.

Of course, if the property owner finds out and asks you to leave, you are required by VA law to do so or risk arrest for criminal trespass.

Re: concealed carry in someone's home

Posted: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 17:55:52
by newdovo
Concealed is concealed.
Like you, I'm usually visiting with people I know. A few know that I carry; others know me well enough that they wouldn't freak out if they found out.
Around Christmas time we had several Christmas parties that we went to. One was an office party at one of my wife's coworkers house. I CC'd there. With a mixed crowd, you don't know who may be put off if they knew. Again, concealed is concealed, so it was a non-issue.
A side note, when we arrived, the first thing I noted was all the hunting trophies on the wall. I don't think the homeowner would have had a hard time with me carrying.

Re: concealed carry in someone's home

Posted: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:35:18
by NewColonial
As stated, concealed is concealed. If they don't ask you to do otherwise, you aren't breaking any laws.

Funny story, on the reverse situation. We were entertaining a bunch of friends and neighbors around the holidays. One of our guests took off his jacket, exposing his 1911. My neighbor exclaimed to me, in shock, "He's got a gun!" I just shrugged. She was unaware that myself, my wife, and several other guests were all armed. We had a good laugh later wondering if we should have all exposed our carries at that time. Sort of like the scene in Cocoon when the aliens pull down the the skin around their eyes to show Steve Guttenberg that he was surrounded.

You just never know....

concealed carry in someone's home

Posted: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 23:23:37
by CDRGlock
I carry regardless.

It's IWB or pocket carry. No one can tell.


Lifetime NRA Member

Re: concealed carry in someone's home

Posted: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 00:37:34
by rustyshack11
another vote for concealed means concealed