Page 1 of 1

New course! Defensive Handgun I - live fire class

Posted: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:36:07
by ProShooter
Proactive Shooters is proud to announce a new, live fire course! -

Defensive Handgun I is a structured shooting class designed to teach you the beginning shooting techniques needed to properly deploy your defensive handgun, while at the same time reinforcing safe gun handling skills. This is not a course for the novice gun owner, but rather for someone who carries a handgun on a regular basis and wants to learn & reinforce new skills beyond the basic fundamentals.

Students will shoot from standing, kneeling, and prone positions, at various distances at our outdoor range facility. The course generally runs about 6-8 hours, depending on class size (Limit 10 students per class).

Topics include:

One/Two hand shooting techniques
Linear/Lateral Movement
Target Recognition
Verbal Commands
Magazine changes/reloads while shooting
Shooting from Retention
Shooting from Standing, Kneeling & Prone Positions
Reinforcement of Basic Handgun Skills & Safety

Cost of the class is $150.00 and the first class is scheduled for Saturday, September 10, 2011. You may register online at http://www.ProactiveShooters.com

Re: New course! Defensive Handgun I - live fire class

Posted: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:02:37
by Chasbo00
Great news. I hope this goes well and leads to more courses that include live fire.

Re: New course! Defensive Handgun I - live fire class

Posted: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:05:47
by ProShooter
Chasbo00 wrote:Great news. I hope this goes well and leads to more courses that include live fire.
Thank you! I'm already working on Defensive Handgun II, which will include more movement, more live fire, and a few more "tactical tricks" !

Re: New course! Defensive Handgun I - live fire class

Posted: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 21:00:31
by ProShooter
Bump...space still available for this class!

Where are all the shooters here? LOL!

Re: New course! Defensive Handgun I - live fire class

Posted: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 10:37:15
by Archippus
I can't make it that weekend, but if you have another one later I'll try and make it.

How novice is to novice? I purchased my first handgun last February and I've been to the range about 12 times since then. I took your CHP course last December and received my CHP in January. I was carrying every day for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the summer but was very uncomfortable with my lack of training.

Re: New course! Defensive Handgun I - live fire class

Posted: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:53:22
by ProShooter
Archippus wrote:I can't make it that weekend, but if you have another one later I'll try and make it.

How novice is to novice? I purchased my first handgun last February and I've been to the range about 12 times since then. I took your CHP course last December and received my CHP in January. I was carrying every day for a couple of weeks at the beginning of the summer but was very uncomfortable with my lack of training.
If someone bought their gun last week, the class may be too much for them. If you've been carrying since January, you'll be fine. I purposely designed Defensive Handgun I to have numerous small stages of training that we'll explain, practice, and then execute.

Defensive Handgun II on the other hand, will give folks a run for their money!

Re: New course! Defensive Handgun I - live fire class

Posted: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:33:31
by ProShooter
Additional dates for October/November have been added.