Page 1 of 1

On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Fri, 20 May 2011 19:42:13
by davasmith
This morning before the butt crack of dawn I went online and purchased my wife some diamond earrings for our 20th anniversary. It is on Wed. the 25th this year. I can't believe it's been 20 years already. I was blessed with the perfect woman for me the first go around. She's put up with a lot of "crap" from me over the years from when I first got home from the military to now. We've grown together, and made a family. I am a blessed man! Just thought I'd share that thought with ya'll, my compadres. I hope each and every one of your lives is filled with as much joy as mine is with my best friend.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Fri, 20 May 2011 20:05:22
by Pumbaa
If she is really perfect she'll let you pick out a gun for YOUR present! :pistol:

Congrats bro.. I got 24+ under my belt.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Fri, 20 May 2011 20:44:23
by Hiwaytahell
Congrats Josh...the wife and myself are 20 this year also.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:12:57
by Yarddawg
Congrats buddy! 23 years for me and my wife this year.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:41:13
by NickLikesGuns
Congrats! My parents are celebrating their 22nd today!

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Fri, 20 May 2011 22:46:18
by gatlingun6
davasmith wrote:This morning before the butt crack of dawn I went online and purchased my wife some diamond earrings for our 20th anniversary. It is on Wed. the 25th this year. I can't believe it's been 20 years already. I was blessed with the perfect woman for me the first go around. She's put up with a lot of "crap" from me over the years from when I first got home from the military to now. We've grown together, and made a family. I am a blessed man! Just thought I'd share that thought with ya'll, my compadres. I hope each and every one of your lives is filled with as much joy as mine is with my best friend.
***********************************************
Congratulations for reaching a milestone that all too many don't reach. You also did something that again is worthy of congratulations, i.e. you both made sure that you made the best choice the 1st time!
Gat6

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Sat, 21 May 2011 07:43:58
by davasmith
Thank you guys for the compliments, and congrats to all you that have been married as well.

And yes, my wife did let me get a "present" for our anniversary. I purchased a .45 1911 with her blessing. I'll post pics as soon as it comes in to my ffl.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Sat, 21 May 2011 13:02:51
by Pumbaa
DAYYUM!!!!!!

SHE *IS* A KEEPER!!!

A 45!!!!!

NICE!!!! :clap:

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Sat, 21 May 2011 13:57:17
by Mindflayer
Twenty years! Grats!

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Sun, 22 May 2011 09:31:11
by davasmith
Yes she is a keeper, and today she is purchasing me a holster for my new 1911. I do love this woman! :thumbsup:

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Sun, 22 May 2011 18:32:36
by Pumbaa
Okay.. now you need to post photos...

Not of your gal.. but the guns! :gunporn:

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:12:58
by scott9050
Pumbaa wrote:If she is really perfect she'll let you pick out a gun for YOUR present! :pistol:

Congrats bro.. I got 24+ under my belt.
My wife bought me an AR15 for my birthday a few years back :pistol: :pistol: We will have been together 14 years next month.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:02:42
by gunderwood
Congrats.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Mon, 23 May 2011 10:04:33
by wpoppert
My wife and I will be married 21 years this August. She got me a Nagant revolver for Christmas and a Mosin Nagant M44 for my birthday. I can't wait for Fathers Day! I definitely picked a winner! :first:

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Mon, 23 May 2011 11:07:23
by dorminWS
Well, me and SWMBO have been hitched for over 41 years. She'd no more touch a gun than she'd play with a dogturd, but she's always put up with my fascination with firearms. Bless her heart, she doesn't know one gun from another, and if she realizes the extent to which the number of guns under the beds, in closets, and in gun vaults has multiplied over the years, she's never let on. 'Course, I ain't never said much about the diamonds, high-priced clothes, or fur coats. It's a two-way street, I reckon. Could be that's a cage me and her both are content not to rattle. Ya'll can probably imagine that we've also grown together. Don't know what I'd do without her. I reckon I'll keep her till she's wore plumb out.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Thu, 26 May 2011 10:23:38
by davasmith
Dormin, congrats man. I'll bet she is never wore plumb out, the good ones never do. I can see a day when my wife and I are married more than 40 years! As for the two way street (cage not to be rattled), I hear you loud and clear! Same here.

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Thu, 26 May 2011 15:21:33
by DavidG
Joshua,
Congrats on 20 years buddy. The wife and I just celebrated 23 years of marriage on the 21st. and 33 years of being together. I know how you feel . Mine is my best friend.
David

Re: On the lighter side guys and gals....

Posted: Thu, 26 May 2011 18:46:47
by davasmith
Amen to that David, amen!