Page 1 of 1
New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:05:25
by allingeneral
Here's the revolver that I bought for my lovely wife this weekend. She really likes pink, and the only firearms she was interested in looking at were the pink ones.
She finally settled on this Charter Arms "Pink Lady" .38 Special revolver. The frame is anodized in pink - the same process they use to put the color on Maglite flashlights. It's pretty much bullet-proof.
We loaded it up with 5 Hydra-Shoks, got her a nice Galco paddle holster and it's ready to go.
Doesn't she look cute?

Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:11:53
by wbtrunx
Very nice.
I wouldn't go for the pink, but hey, she's a girl; she's allowed to.
If (with an empty cylinder) when you hold the trigger back, ride the hammer forward, and keep holding the trigger back, is there any play in the cylinder? How's the barrel/cylinder spacing? Basically, how good of a revolver is it for the price?
Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:17:48
by VAJay
can she hit a milk jug with it?
Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:20:27
by Sweetpea
Ooo! I want one of those! Can I ask how much they were going for? I think they come in Lavender too.

Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 21:43:46
by allingeneral
First off, it's really, really light. I just weighed it on my postal scale at 13.9 ounces. There is very little play in the cylinder with the firing pin engaged. I don't have a gauge to check the barrel/cylinder spacing. My eyeball says that there's a little more space there than necessary.
I think we picked it up for just under $400.
She can hit a milk jug with it. I can't believe she only fired it once. Maybe we should have gone out there and egged her on a little. I know I'm good for a quick quintuple tap!
Here's the Charter Arms spec page for the Pink Lady:
http://www.charterfirearms.com/products ... 53830.html
Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 06:41:39
by OakRidgeStars
That's a good deal. How is the draw?. Any problems with the hammer hanging up?.
That picture seems like it might belong in a certain other thread... can't quite remember where....

Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 06:50:40
by allingeneral
We're considering possibly bobbing the hammer if draw is an issue. I found it a little odd that they don't offer the Pink Lady in a hammerless design.
Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 22:21:39
by Golfingator
UH, I'm sorry...does that blonde have a gun?
Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 23:01:28
by TheWife
I don't think WE'RE going to bob anything. It will be fine.
Smith & Wesson makes a cute hammerless revolver in pink. I didn't care for the grip. I think someone could rip it out of my hands and I don't think my shot would be as steady if I got the one with the 2 finger grip instead of the 3 like this one has. It was just a matter of comfort for me. I also didn't want pink grips because it looked like they would get icky after a while at the gun range.
I didn't want an icky gun.
Shelley (The Wife)
Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 20:24:19
by AppleaDay
You could always get a Pachmayre or similar aftermarket grip for the Smith and Wesson which would be a little larger. Their 'combat grip' is big enough for a third finger.
Re: New "Pink Lady" Charter Arms .38 Special
Posted: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 14:47:14
by 9mm