Page 1 of 1
Centerpoint/BSA
Posted: Tue, 26 May 2009 19:06:09
by wbtrunx
I know they're far from high quality, but does anyone have any experience with the below shown scopes on small caliber rifles/air rifles?

Centerpoint AR22 3-9x40 AO

BSA Sweet .22 2-7x32 AO
I'd just be using it for a small CO2 powered air rifle (custom Crosman 2250) so recoil is not an issue.
I'm just wondering if they hold their zero fine or anything else worth mentioning.
Re: Centerpoint/BSA
Posted: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:44:30
by gregj
I cant help you with those scopes in particular, but make sure the scope you buy is made for an air rifle. The recoil is different on an air rifle, and the scope has to be made for it. If you put a .22 scope on an air rifle, it wont be long it will become useless.
Here's a link I found that describes the difference. I'm sure if you google around you'll find more info.
http://www.lasc.us/RangingShotRifleAirGunScopes.htm
Re: Centerpoint/BSA
Posted: Tue, 26 May 2009 20:53:06
by wbtrunx
It's not a springer, it's a CO2 rifle. The recoil is not the same.
Looking online (came across that article), rimfire scopes are fine on the co2 powered rifles.
Re: Centerpoint/BSA
Posted: Tue, 26 May 2009 21:10:13
by gregj
Learn something new every day. Cool. Good luck with finding a scope.

Re: Centerpoint/BSA
Posted: Tue, 26 May 2009 21:17:26
by wbtrunx
Thank you.
Yeah, I spent many hours checking it out, but it seems that everyone suggests a different scope.
Well, that or to spend hundreds of $$$ on it, but this is an air rifle for fun. It's not a powder rifle
that has to make 200-300+ yard shots. If I ever make a shot out to 100 yds, it'll be for kicks.
I will say that some people still warn against the use of rimfire scopes on even gas rifles, but
I've talked to and read of several people who use rimfire scopes without any issues.
Re: Centerpoint/BSA
Posted: Wed, 27 May 2009 05:13:39
by CajunBass
The only experience I've had with a Centerpoint scope came when I bought a Crossman (Crossman owns CP by the way, or the same parent company does anyway) springer air rifle a year or so ago. It came with a 3x9x32 Centerpoint scope. That was a bright, clear scope that seemed to work just fine. I didn't have it but a few months so I don't know how well it would have held up over time. I had to take the rifle back and they didn't have another in stock so I got a different model, but I wanted to keep that Centerpoint scope. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.
The only BSA I've ever used is a cheap little 3x7x20 I've got on a 22 rifle. Again it works just fine for that purpose.
Re: Centerpoint/BSA
Posted: Wed, 27 May 2009 09:11:41
by wbtrunx
Hm, ok.
Thanks, Bass.
I have a bb springer that came with a centerpoint 4x32, and it just couldn't hold up to the recoil.
What rifle did you have yours on?