Page 1 of 1
Fox shoots man
Posted: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:15:19
by OakRidgeStars
The Brady Campaign and PETA were unavailable for comment.
--
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_belarus_f ... JI1nJzfNdF
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:01:26
by Jakeiscrazy
Haha! How is he ever going to explain this to his hunting buddies.

Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:03:33
by gunderwood
Note to self, don't use the butt of a loaded gun to dispatch anything...particularly if the safety is off.

Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:11:37
by Vahunter
After seeing that I'm glad I didn't call any in last night when I went hunting. The fox might have taken my shotgun from me, it wouldn't have been good either, it was loaded with 4- 3/2" #4 buck. The moron should'a did what I do, just stand on the foxes throat. He'll give up .
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 18:45:37
by zephyp
I never hesitate to burn another cartridge if need be to dispatch an animal. I once had a guy tell me he tried to slit a deer's throat when he found it alive. What a moron...
Henry, you can shoot em up here. I had one in the front yard last night. Looked like it was after the neighbors cat. I was getting ready to help the fox but it ran off...

Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 20:09:37
by VBshooter
Damn cat!! Fox coulda got hurt!

There pretty fast around here too,, Most times just find their nightly catch eviscerated in the driveway and them nowhere to be seen
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 21:30:31
by HK91762mm
personal note! --NEVER Ever use a gun butt to thump an animal--I used the butt of a SKB shotgun to whack a rabbit and when I hit him both barrels went off right next to my head --------- I heard Angels singing !!!!!
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 21:44:41
by Palladin
If Wile E. Coyote had ordered a setup like that from Acme instead of all that other crap, there would be a lot less Roadrunners around today!

Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 00:09:47
by Jakeiscrazy
VBshooter wrote:Damn cat!! Fox coulda got hurt!

There pretty fast around here too,, Most times just find their nightly catch eviscerated in the driveway and them nowhere to be seen
I heard about some kind of hog hunting that involved cornering the hog with dogs,then rushing up and killing theit with a knife. It's highly illegal to do but people do it and often get injured.
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 01:28:26
by Diomed
zephyp wrote:I once had a guy tell me he tried to slit a deer's throat when he found it alive. What a moron...
Hunters are a thifty lot. Gotta make that box of thirty-thirty last at least five years, you know.
Jakeiscrazy wrote:I heard about some kind of hog hunting that involved cornering the hog with dogs,then rushing up and killing theit with a knife. It's highly illegal to do but people do it and often get injured.
I'm not aware of anywhere that prohibits knife hunting of hogs. It's something you see in the deep south more than up here (partly because they have way more hogs, and partly because the heat hasn't fried our brains as much).
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:54:27
by DWinter
There was a show on Discovery about Hogs last night that showed this very same action. A woman stuck him with a machete while the guy had hold of both hind legs. A dog with a special little body armor set-up was what tracked the pig and cornered him. Damnest thing I've ever seen.
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 14:31:45
by SgtBill
Wrong Jake, it is legal in many states. As a matter ofact you can book a hunt with both spears and or a knife in many southern states. Do a search on google and you will find info.
Bill
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:54:04
by Vahunter
zephyp wrote: I once had a guy tell me he tried to slit a deer's throat when he found it alive. What a moron...
Uh Iv'e done it quit a few times. Almost lost one wrestling match back in the '70's.

Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 20:31:36
by Jakeiscrazy
@Sgtbill Thanks for the info. Were I saw that was, IIRC "Wild Things" on Discovery(don't care for the show). I believe that episode was NC or CA(not sure). There I guess it's illegal.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] 
Re: Fox shoots man
Posted: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:15:51
by zephyp
Vahunter wrote:zephyp wrote: I once had a guy tell me he tried to slit a deer's throat when he found it alive. What a moron...
Uh Iv'e done it quit a few times. Almost lost one wrestling match back in the '70's.

Slit a deer's throat or a moron's?
The deer this guy shot was still kicking and thrashing when he put the knife to it...