Page 1 of 1

The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:43:39
by OakRidgeStars
Have a favorite carol?. Let's hear 'em :stereo:


Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 20:58:34
by DWinter
Not exactly a carol but my favorite Christmas song is by Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The video is a little weird but the orchestra is outstanding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHioIlbnS_A

My second is Little Drummer Boy by Bob Seger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S50cf3xIb50

Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 23:31:09
by Palladin
That's a tough one -depends on what kind of mood I'm in...

If I'm singin 'em, then maybe...

Beautiful Star Of Bethlehem or
Christmas Time's A-Coming

If Celine is singing, then Ave Maria.

Bing - Mele Kalikimaka

Shoot - this could go on for days THEY"RE ALL GOOD! :clap:

Well, most of them ...

Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 04:15:56
by VBshooter
Little St Nick.... The Beach Boys.

Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 22:21:45
by Jakeiscrazy
White Christmas by Bing Crosby



Great movie also, go rent it.

Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:23:11
by ksanftleben
Way too tough for me to pick just one. Here's my list.

Favorite Religious Christmas Song - O Holy Night



Favorite Seasonal Duet - Baby It's Cold Outside



Favorite Festive Song - Silver Bells



Favorite Kid's Christmas Song - I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas



Favorite Australian Christmas Song - Six White Boomers



Favorite Romantic Holiday Song - What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?



Merry Christmas! R/Kurt

Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 18:00:35
by OakRidgeStars
Time for a real Christmas classic


Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:33:17
by newdovo
marley-visits-scrooge.jpg
marley-visits-scrooge.jpg (46.21 KiB) Viewed 3346 times
"You don't believe in me," observed the Ghost.

"I don't." said Scrooge.

"What evidence would you have of my reality, beyond that of your senses?"

"I don't know," said Scrooge.

"Why do you doubt your senses?"

"Because," said Scrooge, "a little thing affects them. A slight disorder of the stomach makes them cheats. You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato. There's more of gravy than of grave about you, whatever you are!"

Scrooge was not much in the habit of cracking jokes, nor did he feel, in his heart, by any means waggish then. The truth is, that he tried to be smart, as a means of distracting his own attention, and keeping down his terror; for the spectre's voice disturbed the very marrow in his bones.

To sit, staring at those fixed glazed eyes, in silence for a moment, would play, Scrooge felt, the very deuce with him. There was something very awful, too, in the spectre's being provided with an infernal atmosphere of its own. Scrooge could not feel it himself, but this was clearly the case; for though the Ghost sat perfectly motionless, its hair, and skirts, and tassels, were still agitated as by the hot vapour from an oven.

"You see this toothpick?" said Scrooge, returning quickly to the charge, for the reason just assigned; and wishing, though it were only for a second, to divert the vision's stony gaze from himself.

"I do," replied the Ghost.

"You are not looking at it," said Scrooge.

"But I see it," said the Ghost, "notwithstanding."

"Well!" returned Scrooge, "I have but to swallow this, and be for the rest of my days persecuted by a legion of goblins, all of my own creation. Humbug, I tell you! humbug!"

At this the spirit raised a frightful cry, and shook its chain with such a dismal and appalling noise, that Scrooge held on tight to his chair, to save himself from falling in a swoon.

Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 18:04:24
by OakRidgeStars
In the interest of multiculturalism, I present "A Rage Boy Christmas" :roll:

You worthless infidels! :hysterical:

Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 14:24:44
by OakRidgeStars



Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 15:16:01
by mrjam2jab
VBshooter wrote:Little St Nick.... The Beach Boys.

the Beach Boys and Christmas just don't go together in my mind... :roll:


Burl Ives Holly Jolly Christmas




Brenda Lee Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree


Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 18:41:04
by VBshooter
mrjam2jab wrote
the Beach Boys and Christmas just don't go together in my mind
Gee that's too bad,, Here try this instead.

Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 21:30:56
by Yarddawg
I keel you!


Re: The Christmas Carol Thread

Posted: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 22:13:31
by allingeneral
+1 for I KEEL YOU!