Page 1 of 1

C & R paperwork?

Posted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:13:59
by Hiwaytahell
Hey all you crufflers...How long did it take for you to get the application paperwork by mail after you applied online? Not the liscense itself, the application paperwork that you send back to the ATF. I know the Gov't response time has slowed down alot lately. :roll:

Thanks

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:19:57
by Moccasin
Took me about 6 or 8 weeks. Took so long that I sent for more paperwork thinking they hadn't gotten the first request.

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 19:26:06
by Hiwaytahell
I was thinking of doing the same thing Moccasin. I'm on week 7 right now. Thanx

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 20:49:11
by Oldtimer
it took at least 2 months to receive mine. The license itself came quicker.

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Fri, 01 May 2009 11:07:47
by cwats04
i took me 3 months to get it after 2 requests

me and some other friends came to the conclusion that they batch all the requests and then wait untill it gets really big before they fill them

it took me 3 months and my friend 1 week but they arrived on the same day

by the time mine showed up i was out of money to pay for it

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Fri, 01 May 2009 11:23:08
by OakRidgeStars
You could always try the local ATF field office if there's one close by.

http://www.atf.gov/field/washington/va.htm

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Sun, 10 May 2009 07:36:34
by Hiwaytahell
WOO HOO....look what was in the mail yesterday....after 8 weeks of waiting.

Image


:tommygun: :ak47: :machinegun: :pistol: :fireright:

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:49:24
by Nathan
When I requested my application it took about three weeks IIRC. This was in 2006. I could kick myself in the butt for letting my license expire but it seems like the C&R market has dried up to a good degree. It sure is nice having firearms delivered right to your door!

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:09:31
by bossgvr4
Two weeks earlier this year .... my green forms were sent from the WVa ATF Field Office

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Tue, 12 May 2009 17:40:20
by CajunBass
Seems to me when I requested mine I got them back in three or four days. Wasn't long anyway. Then it took about a month to get the actual license back. I must have slipped in between waves.

(Helpful hint.) Keep a copy of your license in your wallet. If nothing else it's good for a second ID when you buy a gun from a dealer.

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 14:40:49
by Hiwaytahell
Finally got the C & R today in the mail. :clap:

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:31:16
by Moccasin
I had mine all filled out but had second thoughts after hearing what is going on in Texas and other border states. They are allowed entry to the premises without a warrant to inspect the C&R book. That's all they can legally enter for but if they see something of interest to them who know what they'll do.

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 21:42:37
by allingeneral
Can you keep the C&R record off premises? Like lock it up in a lock box at the bank or something? Or does it have to be on premises with your collection?

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:44:31
by Moccasin
allingeneral wrote:Can you keep the C&R record off premises? Like lock it up in a lock box at the bank or something? Or does it have to be on premises with your collection?
Has to be with the collection. You can seperate the collection from modern firearms, that should remedy the situation. Right now I can't do that though. Eventually I want to be able to put C&R in one room and modern in another. Maybe I'm paranoid but I don't trust them in my house. Best place for the C&R is beside the front door, they can see it from there.

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 22:48:08
by allingeneral
or out in the garage/shed...

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:03:47
by Moccasin
allingeneral wrote:or out in the garage/shed...
I'd rather deal with ATF than theives (what's the diff) and rust. No garage at present and my shed isn't really where I'd store guns. Too many rodents and snakes around.

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 06:11:54
by GS78
I have always been a little nervous about the ATF deal, even after talking to some of the agents in person and being reassured that they really don't kick in doors demanding to "see" the weapons etc...but with the current climate in D.C. I fear things will 'change' drastically, and in a heartbeat.

Re: C & R paperwork?

Posted: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 09:11:37
by zephyp
Moccasin wrote:I had mine all filled out but had second thoughts after hearing what is going on in Texas and other border states. They are allowed entry to the premises without a warrant to inspect the C&R book. That's all they can legally enter for but if they see something of interest to them who know what they'll do.
My fear precisely. I've heard too many horror stories of this happening to class 1 FFL dealers. Once they are on the premises they have carte blanche if they see anything "suspicious." IMO, by filing one of these things you essentially give up your 4th Amendment rights.