Page 1 of 1

[VIDEO] Kydex paddle holster comes apart

Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:19:07
by allingeneral
The first holster I bought was a paddle holster, but it has since been retired and I now carry IWB. If you carry in a paddle holster and haven't considered the following video - perhaps you should!


Re: [VIDEO] Kydex paddle holster comes apart

Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 16:30:58
by nova
Soooo sick of this video, as the person who posted it to youtube is misleading people. It is not a kydex holster, it is a fobus. One that is made of a much weaker plastic than kydex, that has the paddle only riveted to the holster. And who would let someone get that close to them, and just let them take the gun? It's called situational awareness and firearm retention. Practice both!

Re: [VIDEO] Kydex paddle holster comes apart

Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:12:04
by gunderwood
nova wrote:Soooo sick of this video, as the person who posted it to youtube is misleading people. It is not a kydex holster, it is a fobus. One that is made of a much weaker plastic than kydex, that has the paddle only riveted to the holster. And who would let someone get that close to them, and just let them take the gun? It's called situational awareness and firearm retention. Practice both!
Regardless, I dislike paddle holsters as they feel less secure. Just my preference.

Re: [VIDEO] Kydex paddle holster comes apart

Posted: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 18:53:36
by allingeneral
The point I was trying to make is that a paddle holster tends to allow your weapon to "hang out" a little further than most holster types and that if you aren't aware of your surroundings, I could certainly se something like this happening - or if the paddle isn't broken, I could see it being snatched much easier than most other holster types.

Re: [VIDEO] Kydex paddle holster comes apart

Posted: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 01:04:33
by Jakeiscrazy
It's gonna take a guy if some real brass gonads to even try to rip a gun off anyone armed. Then someone really slow reaction times to let it happen, just saying. If you that bad, forget carrying a gun and trying being aware.

Re: [VIDEO] Kydex paddle holster comes apart

Posted: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 00:38:20
by nova
My serpa paddle holster (the CQC one) is just as secure as a belt holster, and rides as close in as my pancake holsters of other makes. It's as secure as a belt holster due to the hooks on the backside, which when adjusted for belt height, hooks under the belt so it won't, and can't, pull up or out when yanked or grabbed.

I agree that most other paddle designs aren't as secure, and I don't really use them either.

Re: [VIDEO] Kydex paddle holster comes apart

Posted: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 09:02:31
by VBshooter
I have a couple of Galco's in leather and have no qualms at all about them.. Not a big fan of the Kydex stuff,, The Galco's are not that easy to take out that someone could just take them and the gun easily by any means

Re: [VIDEO] Kydex paddle holster comes apart

Posted: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:39:20
by Jim
I have a coupla' holsters for each of my two sidearms. You'd be surprised, though, at the number of times I just stick it in my jeans back pocket and let my shirt hang out over it.
I've had several people check for printing. If I'm not bent over forward, it doesn't show.
On the shirt thing, I wear dark prints. It seems to break up the outline really well.